USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Must be that SR

Default a few ideas

Killing countries;
    To me there are only 2 logical ways to kill a country.
    Take out all the population or take all the land.

Air attacks(jets and bombers) can take out a larger % of pop and buildings
    ground attacks(troops) can take out max % but only pop
    tanks and ships take out only buildings

Destroying all of someones buildings doesn't seem to make sense as a kill blow to me.That wouldcertainly cripple a country, but if they have stashed cash, why shouldn't they be allowed to try to work to save themselves by rebuilding or making some grabs to get back ?

GDN protection; This could be firmed up to prevent countries that are 20 times larger reaching down to rape smaller countries. 50% sems workable if it is enforced.
    In "that other game" there was a "humanatarian rule" This prevented anyone attacking a country less then 10% of the attackers nw. This made war chats a bit more of a challenge in co ordinating breakers and involved the smaller countrys of the attackers nation more so they could finish some kills.

Drop land;
    In the destroy option, add drop land. Since land is such a commodity here then allow those that wish to drop land they don't want. Nothing can p@ss off a bottom feeder more then knowing someone took their land just to drop it in spite.
    Fo another example, as a restart I've started grabbing already, but I don't need or want the land. I just want to make our attackers not have it.
    Unfortunately, that land I am now stuck with will be certainly taken back by them or someone else(oh well)

War;
    there will always be the "we warred you because we were bored" I'm sure that was not invented here by LoR.
    However. if countries are at war, then common sense would say the other tags should stay clear of it.Unless thse tags also declare war.
    This also plays into the "drop land" I'm sure other tags will find my excessive land attractive here and I will be a "target of opportunity" for them.

Missiles, the great equalizer , bring them on!

we also have a similar rule, if you try to attack a very small state, people of your state protests
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

blade i think your still looking at land in comparison to earth. when your a restart or any type of state for that matter in a war, the advantage of having high land is that it takes more attacks to be killed. unless you have 10-15k land right now, its unlikely that lor states will get much land from you threw standard attacks, and thats the only land they'll keep.

land dropping used to be common in wars, this was removed because people could be crippled so easily aka a suiciders dream. and because it cuts a big chunk out of the total land in the game.

someone could correct me if i'm wrong about why land dropping was removed or if i forgot a reason.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

warring was too easy

AA - landdrop most of the targets land - some ARs - job done
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Default SR?

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Russia View Post
    we also have a similar rule, if you try to attack a very small state, people of your state protests
    then whats that %?
    I ask because this 2 mil guy started on me a day out of protection.

The mentality has definitely changed, I remember my first set in WoW was warring against SSC and Royals as a TNR newb. It was myself, Artos, and maybe 2-3 other buddies of his. Of course, we all died, but I managed to get my first kill by getting TGO's restart, haha.

I did a couple sets of noob style warring to jump in the fire so to speak- squashed like a bug both times, but I still had fun figuring the game out, plus my leader and teammates were very active and vocal about getting me involved. When it came to war, even if we knew we were like ants, we were gonna bite the hell out of whomever as long as we could.

Over time, there were the big alliances, the 50+member nations, the titanic alliances, and nations gradually came and went. Along with those that went (including the fluff censor) were many of the people who enjoyed warring, and the game took on a more peaceful approach.

I enjoy my breaks here and there, but doing too much of one or another does get boring. The mentality has really changed, a lot of us (including myself at various points where I didn't have the time to lead a war at all) as leaders have thrown in the towel when being warred by LoR/WLF/whomever.

Dunno, I guess now I feel like things need to really be varied because for many of us old old players, its the same old same old, especially since our playerbase and play styles have stagnated so much. I really welcome the changes that have been made recently, and would like to continue to see more experiments and ways to make the game work with what we have.

Throwing ideas out here:

For those who want to do nothing but net, perhaps being able to join a mercantile union as a state who supplies units for the market could be an idea, though it would need to come at a cost (such as not being able to SA, higher tax rates, or something to prevent people from getting out without a scratch). Mercantile states could solicit orders in the forums for nations/vice-versa, and then would produce science/army to fill these orders. I wouldn't implement it at a state level though. Perhaps this could be used for UN member nations needing more than what the PM may have at any given time due to war/scarcity.

Army balance- to prevent whoring and encourage balanced/war ready armies, during peaceful conditions, states could be required to maintain a set percentage of ground/air/intel units to discourage suiciders, but while reducing the ability to hoard infantry. If you want to make things dicey (this needs to be thought out more of course), make a counterpart to the pink suicider label- this could be used to indicate states who are lacking in a particular area of defense. While it could tip off suiciders, it could also serve as a basic layer of intel for people who are wondering just how war ready other states could be at a glance without using spies.

War randoms- while at war with enemy nations, random events such as a breach in ground defenses, seizure of merchant vessels, undetected drone bombings, cyber warfare, or EMP bombs could target states who have too little of a particular type of defense. These randoms would occur at the same rate of normal randoms, but only are active during war.

I still feel the other units need to be made viable, or at the very least, use a market bot for the unused units- its one thing to not want to use the units at all, but another when you decide to use em, but never can find any on market.

There's more, but I forgot, this is enough meat to chew on for a bit anyways.

In closing, we're all creatures of habit, we have to be willing and ready to start going outside the box, or we'll continue to slowly die off.