Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious War discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Russia View Post
    Althoug I have to agree with the thumbs up. Why do you make comments like
    "why should I wait for a n00b from ABT to strike me"?? I think this shows a mentality. Im not gonna start a pissing contest who has the most sets or wars under his belt. But respect or acknowledgement towards other nations/players is something that is missing here in my opinion. Even if its your "enemy" when theyve done a great job are you too proud to say it?

oh no I did not mean that. It was an example. And "waiting a n00b from ABT to attack" is meaningless (that was what I meant) because there is no n00b in ABT, that means, there'd be no triple SAs
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

When I first joined the game, I found that the warring aspect was an integral part which made the game enjoyable and allowed you to use teamwork to win. Without warring, you could pretty much play by yourself in a tag and jump into a nation when you have enough stock, but what is the fun in that? The problem now is that the constant risk we had before is gone. Before, many many players were doing ARs, GAs, AAs randomly to anyone they saw. If you did not have teamates to back you up and to retaliate, you could be overwhelmed very quickly.

There was a lot more random wars back then. My first serious nation CW, we were warred endlessly it seemed and we got our asses handed to us month after month. Yet I don't recall anyone of us quitting because of it. The mentality these days that if I die, I'm going to quit because this is a netting game is simply rediculous. When Empire wiped us out, we warred them back the very next month even though I think we got killed off again (maybe Max can confirm this? ). Revenge was fun, and war was what made me stay. I did not have a real 'netting' set until maybe half a year after I registered.

Whats changed these days? Honestly, I can't put my finger on it. No longer are alliances important in this game. When I was in Empire in the first few months of its existance , I was in contact with 5-6 other midsized nations setting up possible alliances or defensive pacts because everyone was under constant threat of war. If a big nation warred us, we had to be ready to call in our allies.

Another example. Farm Wars was a new nation back in 2003 led by Mystery Dave. It had 6-7 players in it, all new. MysteryDave posted on the forums one day saying that FW was being picked on by some US Navy Seals nation and they kept on being killed by them. I was FA of Empire at that time, and I arranged for Empire to come in and help FW. This formed a long lasting alliance and friendship betwen Empire and Farm Wars that lasted for years. It was during the same period where I also setup other relationships with USA (also new) and Hawkeye's nation (SB) and Foxhounds nation (later merged with Hawkeye's).

This would never have happened if you weren't constantly in danger of being warred whether by guys like LoR or Empire, or by noobs like US Navy Seals. So quite honestly, every time I see someone say, oh, you're killing my noobs, or you just wiped out my nation, I'm going to quit now, I think maybe its better for these players to quit. The less players we have with this type of mentality, the better in the long haul (if they don't quit, and they get warred again next year, won't they threaten to quit again?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

In my first post , i have been a little like a devil advocate for a few things bad bad me

Sometime to push to the extreme bring reactions hehe

NW game is a forum community driving game somewhere and for me i was very happy to find such a great community when the game i come from have close

And true that we find in the forum the hard cores that have stick to the game and forum even in it's downfall after WoW close surely hoping for better days to come and it all honor you

And luckily Mr President is very close to NW members giving his heart for the game to make it work good and sometime it must be disheartened to read reactions or to see actions taken by few in the game that could possibly hurt it bad .

Grudges usually never bring good and true that with so many years being together in this game and forum , scars are there that can be hard to heal but with the community being smaller it become a MUST to make Peace and shake hands .

Leave on the side pre concepts and have FUN together playing a War game

For the newb i was and still is when i looked at the ''All State Scores '' and see the Top Netters , they become for me example and geee i would like to understand how they do so

I have much respect for them and if one is in my clan , with the ''View'' option , i am sure happy to be able to look at the way they build their State and i gave a look also at attacks they made without understanding how come they get so much lands with their attacks and not me

I would be ready to die for them if need be

I would not be too worry for newbies if a War breaks against the Clan they are in.

It is one crucial moment when leaders and vets in the clan they are in become even more teachers and supporters for them and depending on the attitude taken , can make the difference in sticking to the NW Game or leave

Each time there has been a War against the Nation i was in , it was time for me to ask ''What should i buy '' to help protect my State or to be more efficient in the War and my my How excited it can be

I do believe that when a State die and that we start a new one again , 100 turns is too low and i would like again to suggest that it increase to 200 turns at least making it more interesting to build back as fast as possible and be ready again to War ... and maybe die another time

I sure would like to see , like i have propose somewhere , the PINK thing identifying Terrorists in the ''All State Scores '' work and an option for anyone who would like too ,to War them till Death as they do a CRIME against the Nation War Lands .

A 1 turn cost per attack against Terrorists

Like we have Visits from Aliens bringing us surprise , if it was possible to code , i would propose to see Terrorist identify in Pinkautomatically ( if the suiciding is made using ''Illegal Spy Op '' if i can say so or ''Illegal AA , GA ,AR,BR ) since their actions were made in time of peace without any official War declaration .

It could happen when ever the Aliens would visit but at least their would be a possibility for everyone to know who they are and an Option to kill their State

Ohh and the ''Pink'' following them for the Set when they recreate a new State

Suiciding would become more ''At your own Risk and Peril '' and be punishable

Like they say : When we play with fire ... we burn

In an ideal world , there would not be any Terrorists actions but it seems it is hard to reach

We all share the same Play Ground bringing our personality and style of play

Attitude , Mutual Respect do make a difference

Lady Mags

Quote Originally Posted by Magalya2 View Post
    In my first post , i have been a little like a devil advocate for a few things bad bad me

NW game is a forum community driving game somewhere and for me i was very happy to find such a great community when the game i come from have close

And true that we find in the forum the hard cores that have stick to the game and forum even in it's downfall after WoW close surely hoping for better days to come and it all honor you

And luckily Mr President is very close to NW members giving his heart for the game to make it work good and sometime it must be disheartened to read reactions or to see actions taken by few in the game that could possibly hurt it bad .

Grudges usually never bring good and true that with so many years being together in this game and forum , scars are there that can be hard to heal but with the community being smaller it become a MUST to make Peace and shake hands .

For the newb i was and still is when i looked at the ''All State Scores '' and see the Top Netters , they become for me example and geee i would like to understand how they do so

I have much respect for them and if one is in my clan , with the ''View'' option , i am sure happy to be able to look at the way they build their State and i gave a look also at attacks they made without understanding how come they get so much lands with their attacks and not me

I would not be too worry for newbies if a War breaks against the Clan they are in.

It is one crucial moment when leaders and vets in the clan they are in become even more teachers and supporters for them and depending on the attitude taken , can make the difference in sticking to the NW Game or leave

Each time there has been a War against the Nation i was in , it was time for me to ask ''What should i buy '' to help protect my State or to be more efficient in the War and my my How excited it can be

I do believe that when a State die and that we start a new one again , 100 turns is too low and i would like again to suggest that it increase to 200 turns at least making it more interesting to build back as fast as possible and be ready again to War ... and maybe die another time

I sure would like to see , like i have propose somewhere , the PINK thing identifying Terrorists in the ''All State Scores '' work and an option for anyone who would like too ,to War them till Death as they do a CRIME against the Nation War Lands .

Like we have Visits from Aliens bringing us surprise , if it was possible to code , i would propose to see Terrorist identify in Pinkautomatically ( if the suiciding is made using ''Illegal Spy Op '' if i can say so or ''Illegal AA , GA ,AR,BR ) since their actions were made in time of peace without any official War declaration .

It could happen when ever the Aliens would visit but at least their would be a possibility for everyone to know who they are and an Option to kill their State

In an ideal world , there would not be any Terrorists actions but it seems it is hard to reach

Lady Mags

Excellent post Lady Mags. Your insight impresses me.

totte Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Magalya2 View Post

Lady Mags
    wise words as always

The way I see it their is no solution to the problem, as we created the problem.

In this game when war is waged by one party the party waging the war is the one having fun. The other nation which is being warred forcefully has no choice but to engage in war or sit down and take it.

The mentality in WoW was that if I got warred I'd make certain the nation that tried to mess with me dies.

But honestly the problem in NW is trying to justify that war is wrong, and a nation committing this act has nothing to lose so might as well not fight. And I'm being honest this is the viewpoint most nations have these days. If a nation is outnumbered and can't win they will quit.

I think all these problems of war driving away players is man made, and a internal problem.

Think back to the days of WoW, wars were waged without any reasons we were all noobs at some point too, and all vets have faced war but why I have we played through it?

My first war experience was with Kanman and Devil in which i was just a member, I died in that war but due to the motivation of the leaders that oh we will get them back this war we won't lose I stayed.

Leaders need to learn that this game has surprise factors and war is a part of it. They can't show to their members that all hope is lost just forget it everything you did is gone cause we got warred by strong active warmongers.

The longer we keep denying the fact that war is naturally part of this game the more and more players will resent to play it.

If I am a new leader with new members I have the greatest opportunity to mold these players to help the tag, but if i myself lose hope in my nation in the battlefield what will these new players be looking up to?

In my view war is what brings a nation together. Honestly what other things do you do with your nation members at a set time. Being able to joke and chat and strike together, that's what makes this game good.

Netting is good for some down time in which you want to just rank high and its more individually based.

People need to understand the basis of a nation is for protection of your fellow players and tag, people need to learn to be proud of their tag and to defend it when attacked, and to always be their for your fellow member. It's not about just ranking up in a nation in which you never talk to the leader or players.

War unites! Netting Doesn't!

Problem arises when a nation is in Netting mode and doesn't switch to War mode as they haven't formed that mentality of united we stand. Which is why a lot of nations even after war have numerous players just doing their own business not meeting up with their nation leaders/members for strikes. If your in the habit of playing for yourself and not playing actually for your nation than your nation is bound to fail and your bound to lose players in nation and game.

I know I play for LoR, not this game. The players I play with in this tag keep me around.

If the tag was unable to form that unity than I would have no fun playing.

So to sum everything up, war killing this game is a myth. The reason if any that it does kill the game is because you justify the fact that war is bad and it ruins a nation.

In reality it should unify a nation.
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

this game def needs to get sum wars back into it from all nations...i agree netting is good for occasional breaks when warring gets boring all the time...when i started in UAAF back in 2003 i think warring just happened for the hell of it...i would die and be like wtf just happened imma get that bastard and it was fun tryin to figure out wut im doin and gettin on for strikes...then i became a leader later on and started with the defensive pacts and allies which i think is a big part of the game as well...it makes the nation more active and together so next set im gonna try bein a lil more active and do sum recruiting like old times

dont mess with the spy ops instead buy some 5-6 mil spies, that'll solve everything.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Why was i sure to see you appear Soviet Russia