Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heated Debate

Acetriad Guest

Default Heated Debate

I'm calling this thread that, because, thats what it will likely become, please, no personal insults, keep it clean.

If every household and place of business in America had guns in it, and if it was perfectly acceptable to shoot someone who was trying to rob you, or assult you or your property, what would happen?

Thought out answers please

This thread + the 'Dead penalty' thread; seems like you are busy exterminating US citizens

Nothing would happen its self defense

most crappy convienant stores (i.e. 7-11) do carry guns and do use it in self-defense at times (you see it on those crazy police video tv shows, haha). But if every business owned one I doubt there would be many burglaries and robberies.

well if you look at the history of the Wild West where no one knew who had guns and who didn't, there was less crime. Though this could have been because who wants to spend a forth of a day just to kill someone, or it could just have been because no one wanted to be in a shootout.

But in todays times i think having a gun for ... ect would just be more bad than good. I personally have a gun in my closet, but thats because that is my choice. But i don't think that i would want a gun at work.

Mahdi Guest

haha gun in closet... yes i could be considered one of those gun toting rednecks that we are bound to hear about...

last count was well over 80 rifles and 20 pistols as well as 2 .50BMG, 1 7.62x54 which is a big gun as well and we have ammunition for every gun we own we express our right to bear arms but do we go around shooting people no... but if someone were to break into my house the would not make it out alive if someone was home and if not then i pity them since i have several large dogs one being a very nasty 130 pound lab...

if my house ever catch fire the fire department will not be called for their own safety... Teflon coated and Full Metal Jacketed rounds will pierce the bullet proof vests used by police officers

Acetriad Guest

Do you honestly mean to tell me that if there were more guns, in places there would be LESS crime? Acording to what we have been being fed from the media and the government that is positively absurd! Guns are EVIL! All the studies and statistics that show that harsher gun control results in more crime are obviously lies propegated by the right wing, redneck, nuts who think you have to shoot anything that moves. Only by completely disarming the law abideing public do we have any chance of haveing a good society! After all, if someone is robbing you, you should give them all your money, and whatever else they want because they obviously grew up in a poor environment at home and society made them turn to a life of crime. Its YOUR fault that they have to assult you because you didn't do enough to help them. You simple heartless gun toteing rednecks just don't understand that our excellent social programs can help rehabilitate those poor unfortunate individuals who were forced by the evil capatilist system to revert to a life of crime.

Ok, I have to stop before I make myself puke. I'm only playing devils advicate here because no one is takeing the bait to post the other side. Do feel free to give some good arguments to the crap I just "helped" the other side with above.

Acetriad Guest

Crud, here I go double posting.
    You folks do realise that those stores that do carry and use weapons against crinimals are VERY subject to lawsuits. Just a month or so ago a guy shot a man who held him up in his store at gunpoint. The crinimal lived, then sued the man who shot him. AND WON.

Quote Originally Posted by Acetriad View Post
    [...]that our excellent social programs can help rehabilitate those poor unfortunate individuals[...]
    As a member of "the European opposition", I'll just have to say, that we would never use the concept 'excellent' to describe the US' social system

Acetriad Guest

As a US citicen, I would never say such a thing either... other than satirically, which I did.