Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty

if you don't understand that killing an innocent person is wrong, then you should die. Hence, the death penalty. Thank you and goodnight. (yes I said it, and it's not even 10am yet...)

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    if you don't understand that killing an innocent person is wrong, then you should die. Hence, the death penalty. Thank you and goodnight. (yes I said it, and it's not even 10am yet...)

u got rep for that one!!
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Satan666 View Post
    The Fact of the matter is there are two extremes. The person who lets their Kids do whatever they want and the people who beat their kids. I see both of these as bad as the other. Some kids today just never had discipline so they are bad mouth kids that do what they want. Their parents are to blame because they never let them know that what the kids are doing is wrong.
    wrong, the government is to blame (or at least in the UK). government made new laws saying you cant hit your kid, at least not to leave a mark. now adays you hit your kid they go to school and say your beating them and social services are around your house within a few days.

same with the death penalty. less and less people are being put to death now because government and the people are getting softer and thinking its wrong.

wow Vinnie, that was good.
    There is no greater sin than apathy

well like i said, you can not let that happen. When i was in High School last year, i saw alot of freshmen born in a different time where you couldn't discipline your children the same way. Some of these kids have no respect for their elders or to the people who just want to make their lives better. These kids if they never grow out of this will ruin this country even more than it is right now.

Acetriad Guest

Basically, the two things are on and the same. Children are out of control because their parents aren't allowed to discipline them when the mess up, so the children do whatever they please. Crime is out of control because when adults mess up, people aren't allowed to discipline them, so they do whatever they please. Anyone who doesn't see a direct correlarry here, along with some very bad news for the nation in the upcomming years, please tell me why not?

30 years ago, most states had the death penalty, the crime rate was lower.
    30 years ago, you could blister your kids behind, there were no mass school killings.
    30 years ago, you could shoot someone who was trying to kill or rob you, Without getting hit with a lawsuit, and/or going to prison for the rest of your life.
    30 years ago, no one would have thought of sueing because they ate a battery because it didn't say "do not eat" on it.
    I can agree that we have to make some exceptions for those less fortunate than us, but the way things are now the government treats every citisen (incorrect spelling) like a moron. You ate a battery, your a moron, therefore its the battery companie's(or societie's) fault.
    You rob someone, your a moron and its societie's fault.
    Your kid won't behave in school, its either your fault (Social Services!) or the kid needs to be pumped full of Ridelin
    The point is, its always someone else's fault. Its never the fault of the person who messed up. THAT is where this country has gone wrong.
    If you murder someone, well unless it was self defense, its murder. If you rape someone, (and I'm talking a REAL rape, not a "I got plastered and went home with some guy and had sex and the next day decided it was a mistake") then you have to take responsiblility for your actions. If society, the government, and the average citicen would FORCE people to take responsiblility for their actions, there would be alot less crime. And YES! that does mean there would be a death penalty for certain actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Acetriad View Post
    Anyone who doesn't see a direct correlarry here, along with some very bad news for the nation in the upcomming years, please tell me why not?
    What about: No evidence prove the existence of children being out of control, when parents aren't allowed to use physical violence against them?

Crime (Violence, rape, robberi, theft, drug violations etc.) per 1.000 Inh./1995-2005 (DK)
    15-17 years: 26,25,25,25,24,27,26,24,25,28 and 29
    18-20 years: 31,30,30,29,28,29,31,29,32,31 and 32
    >20 years: 9,9,8,8,8,7,7,7,7,7 and 7
    Source: The Danish Ministry of Justice

1997 marked with bold: Denmark make it a criminal act for parents to use violence against their kids; no boom in crime - only in the welfare of children, incl. those innocent kids born and raised by psycho parents. Kids are tiny humans - and human rights also apply to those odd creatures.

PS: US crime rates aren't out of control compared to the past, e.g. Violent crimes measured per 100k inhabitants have dropped -13.3% from 1997 to 2006; Murder dropped -6.4% etc. etc. (Source: FBI's most recent stat).

Missionary Guest

you 2 killed the thread by going into way to much detail haha

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    you 2 killed the thread by going into way to much detail haha
    Forgive me - an occupational brain damage leads me to post quantitative data regularly Even my love letters goes like that: "Dear Cathrine. I'm 95% confident that I fanzy you, but I need a bigger sample of you to make it statistical significant. Blah-blah-bla."

Missionary Guest

haha, very amusing . my send you an e-rep message