Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consequences of cheating

Default Consequences of cheating

What are the current consequences of cheating?
    First offense second offense so on and so on?
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by ::LD::GrimReapr View Post
    What are the current consequences of cheating?
    First offense second offense so on and so on?
    your name on forum goes PINK.
    WHAT A DETERRENT

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

I think after you have been caught cheating several times. Maybe its time for a BAN since you cant abide by the rules you shouldn't be able to play.That's just my personal opinion anyone else feeling this way please let it known.

Crimson Shadow Guest

I think something a little more than a pink name and deleted state needs to be added. Not as harsh as a ban since we are hurting for members, but we need something more. If it is a constant issue then i think a ban might need to be warranted. If anyone else has a consequence to add, post it and ill add to list.

List of possibilities

- Loss of Premium (if applicable)
    - Loss of all forum credits
    - 5-10 day waiting period before new state can be created

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    I think something a little more than a pink name and deleted state needs to be added. Not as harsh as a ban since we are hurting for members, but we need something more. If it is a constant issue then i think a ban might need to be warranted. If anyone else has a consequence to add, post it and ill add to list.

List of possibilities

- Loss of Premium (if applicable)
    - Loss of all forum credits
    - 5-10 day waiting period before new state can be created
    The irony of this is the fact that cheaters make legitimate players, which the
    community needs so desperately - quit, whilst they themselves are allowed to
    remain in the community.

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

How about something more physical...

When a cheater is found out, nothing is said, and then when they log in the game server downloads 50 of the latest damaging viruses onto that cheaters computer.

Problem is that is illegal

Tnova Guest

It is impossible to ban anyone because the internet allows anonymity. There is no face or real identity with any account/IP and banning an account/IP is just a false sense of security. I'm not for false sense of securities.

The method mocked in the post by Anton may be unsatisfactory to people who don't understand what goes on, but there is a method and reason in how we do things and it has worked so far.

I'm not naive enough to say we are 100% free of cheaters, but we put in 100% effort into making sure that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnova View Post
    It is impossible to ban anyone because the internet allows anonymity. There is no face or real identity with any account/IP and banning an account/IP is just a false sense of security. I'm not for false sense of securities.

The method mocked in the post by Anton may be unsatisfactory to people who don't understand what goes on, but there is a method and reason in how we do things and it has worked so far.

I'm not naive enough to say we are 100% free of cheaters, but we put in 100% effort into making sure that is the case.
    I didnt think you would say as much as you did....I sure didnt want to be the one to say it.

the good thing is the watch dog is able to catch more instances of cheating than ever before to that I say good freaking job.

the other good thing is that it is much harder to cheat than it ever was in WOW, to that I say good freaking job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnova View Post

im not mocking the method used so much as the logic in Bretts post that we "dont want to use harsh methods because we need the members". I am well
    aware of the difficulties of banning people who use multies especially if they are good at it. i know that you guys manage to catch most cheaters eventually
    and props to you, you are doing a good job. but that doesn't stop them from doing same **** next round. so whilst the suicided players quit the cheating goes on.

First let me say I Appreciate the job you and MR.P do TNova.
    I just get angry that for the most part good players are getting the short end of the stick while trying to do their best by suiciders and cheaters messing up their set.