Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NW Patriot Act (Suicide / Cheater policy)

i like this poilcy on suicides, the game is small so the game can benfit, but and i hope the game does grow then i would like to see the suicides as they are befoer teh policy is placed in just my 2 cents, as much as suicide is hated, its still part of the game.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    @ Green - SLOB is most likely all going to die with EE maybe losing 1-2 states. hardly suicide. just a BS war...but not suicide.
    Ah, so it is like suiciding without the part where you die too.

If "BS wars" are ok. Then why isn't suiciding?
    Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Green Like Me. (#____)
    Sir Greenalotish of Greenland (#___)

something that i would like to be seen done is to reveal the identity of suiciders...infact id want
    this more than state rollback i think. id rather have them stripped of their privacy i.e. what nation
    theyve played in b4 + their forum name, than have state rolled back.

rollback in case of cheating being cause for states demise. the reason i say this is because
    by depriving suiciders of their privacy we give them something to lose. if they know that
    theyll be revealed as suiciders and that their friends might suffer they wont do it. i know
    you guys are all about "privacy" but this is much better way. this allows suicide but it
    also allows for a retal...the thing missing most from the suicide situation. plus it will
    allow players to continue playign with balanced states.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    For many sets now there has been a huge amount of outcry from the community about cheaters and suiciders. Both equally hard to deal with from a admin stand point. As easy as some may think solving these issues can be, i once again remind you, it's not!

Since the game came back, i have vowed to take on the suiciding issue. Each set i bring it up and continue to ask people to put forth ideas. Though none of the ideas are solid, they are good ones. And the way i look at it, we AT LEAST need a starting point to work from.

In past polls, the community felt that Admins should not be involved in the suiciding issue, and most believed it was part of the game.. Well it seems now that opinion has changed. And honestly, i can't sit here set after set and watch people getting suicided. So as popular or unpopular it may be, admins will now intervene with the suiciding issues.

First, the definition of what a suicide really is. And basically it's simple. Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/stratigical gain.

We can make it sound more fancier, but really, that is all it is. So now that we have defined it, it will now be against the rules to suicide.

Here is the admins part in all of this. Each suicide will be reviewed by both game admins. (myself & Tnova) and if both agree that is a sucicide then the suicider gets deleted and the suicided gets his/her state rolled back to the last backup they had. Unless he/she asks that it's not rolled back.

Open discussions about who should get there state back bla bla bla will be ignored if not deleted. All i want from people is either a PM or a simple post alerting us to who was suicided, and then we will look into this. If you seek a roll back you need to make a post in the Report Cheaters section of the forums. Anyplace else will be ignored.

Each case will be looked at closely. If it doesn't fit the definition, then nothing is done. Basically, it has to be a very clear that it was a suicide. Seeing Tnova and myself are active in the game, it's easier for us to keep track on who has vendettas against who, so if someone hits someone else in revenge, it's not a suicide.. It's a war! Also, it is advised that you don't cry wolf. If every week of every set you cry suicide, chances are your posts will be less important.. So please only report the ones you know are a suicide.

Also, as we move forward, things will be implemented to make it harder to suicide. I'll update this post as they are implemented.

If a member suicides often, they will be put on the three strike rule.. Read below for further details on the 3 strike rule.

-CHEATERS-

Well it's no secret that some of you seem to have made a career in cheating. And so far the worst that has happened is you lose your state. there is truly no way to 100% ban someone from the game due to proxies and other things, but we sure can make life harder for you. From this point on we are going by the 3 strike rule.

1st offense- Mistakes can happen. People may not know you can't have more then one account. I know i made 2 when i first started playing .. So each 1st offense case will be looked at closely. Punishment will be pink name in the forums and a stern warning.

2nd offense- Pink name in the forums, name added to the known terrorist list and your name will be highlited in pink on the scores sheet each time you play from the date of your second offense. No set time on when it will be removed. Guess it depends on you.

3rd offense- Your gone! See ya!

Your account will be banned along with anything else we can do to make sure you can't play. And though you may sneak back in, as soon as we find you, your gone again.. And we will keep doing this over and over. And trust me when i say, you will grow more tired of it long before we will.

These steps are by far the largest attempt we have taken to help control certain aspects of the game. I'm not a huge fan of an admin having his hands to much in the mix, but clearly something needs to be done. If perhaps things get more under control and cheating/suiciding levels decrease, then so will this patriot act.

This is only a starting point. As we grow and move forward, i am certain that changes will have to made to this act. But it's a starting point to work from.. And it's way over due..

Best thing to do is, not cheat or suicide..

I already covered that.

Known Suiciders will be put on a known Terrorist listing.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

in my defence it was 2.30 am when i posted that. then well done. very good solution from what i can see. just hope it doesn't alter game play too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

.. no problem.

Honestly, there will be little interference from admins so it won't change the game play that much. The only time we will do anything is when it's clearly a suicide.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I don't want a rollback or anything, but you know who the two clowns are who suicided on [GRIM] in the beginning of the set and killed me 50 turns out of protection.

When does this take affect, did I wrong them, were they seeking revenge on me? If not, do they suicide often? If so are they arleady on strike one? Or does this just start as of now.

I mean basically you and Tnova are privy to privacy information that we/I am not. I'm just curious as to according to this new act, if the "action" taken against [GRIM] and myself would fall under suicide, or legitimate revenge attack?

Although I am not for Admin inteference, mainly because you shouldn't have to, I'm a bigger advocate for code change, it is good to see an initial step taken.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

I am also curious about the suicide on me. Can I atleast know who is responsible, I mean while its clear its too late to be rolled back it would serve as a way for me to take it out on whomever is responsible.

what is it with you and skycat anyways?

You're nick refers to this as well...

No offence to those who think I'm wrong, but privacy is of the uttermost importance.
    Unless he is in stage two, meaning that he's put on the terrorist list, no names should be revealed except if the suicider is the one to reveal it.
    I get it that you're all pissed off about suiciders, but privacy is important (at least to me)
    We don't have to have echelon/NSA stuff to make this game suicide-free.
    In fact, the second privacy is violated, I'm leaving this game. Forever, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z-
    ...soul purpose...
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.

the list and deletion for sure is great... no problems there...

but rollbacks...

Now, has anyone heard of the butterfly effect?

Chaos Theory,

Concerning time and events.

Z
    Last edited by -Z-; 10-11-2008 at 12:07.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.