Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NW Patriot Act (Suicide / Cheater policy)

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Gotink View Post
    what is it with you and skycat anyways?

You're nick refers to this as well...

No offence to those who think I'm wrong, but privacy is of the uttermost importance.
    Unless he is in stage two, meaning that he's put on the terrorist list, no names should be revealed except if the suicider is the one to reveal it.
    I get it that you're all pissed off about suiciders, but privacy is important (at least to me)
    We don't have to have echelon/NSA stuff to make this game suicide-free.
    In fact, the second privacy is violated, I'm leaving this game. Forever, that is.

Couldn't agree with you more about the privacy issue. Which is why it has taken me so long to come to this point and implement this new act.

But here is the thing. The member who come here and play fair and enjoy themselves hugely outrank the ones who come here to screw off and ruin others fun and hard work. So why are the ones who screw off continually protected? By protecting them, they stay and the good ones leave.

I set up the 3 strike rule as a way to prevent needless bans and other things. Everyone makes mistakes. There really is no change in the game play. Only thing that has changed is, you can no longer just destroy someone cause you find it fun. This is in no way to protect the netters either. If you don't like the way a nation is doing things, by all means war them.

Like i said, we can put all sorts of fancy names and extra things to define a suicide, but we all know what it is. So why bother.

Each case will be closely looked at. Past history will play a part too. People are allowed to extract revenge without it being a suicide. And both Admins have to agree it's a suicide before anything can happen.

If someone suicides you, you will not be given the name of the person who did it. But if it's there 2nd offense, then there name is posted on the known terrorist list.. But you still won't know who did it. And with Known terrorist states having a pink background on the scores sheets, then that also points them out for all to know.

Basically what we are doing is kinda the same thing we did in the forums. We are making them stand out. Making them have to be known for what they have done. My hopes are that it makes them stop and play nice . if not and they keep at it, then they will be banned.
    Last edited by Mr President; 10-11-2008 at 14:09.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Bye, bye Ali and SkyCat
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

The 100% infantry states are only a concern in pure netting sets. If there is only one nation willing to war that set, they will be really really unlucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

when you have things set up can you make a test account and mark them pink so we can see what it going to look like and also mark them on the terror list so we can see how that is going to work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    the list and deletion for sure is great... no problems there...

but rollbacks...

Now, has anyone heard of the butterfly effect?

Chaos Theory,

Concerning time and events.

Z
    you were impressed by the film too ? oh, and im realizing that the whole pink name on score sheets will make states pariahs...nation-leaders will have to be extra responsible for them because they can't just go: "oh, i thought he was a n00b, my mistake, plz understand etc etc".

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    you were impressed by the film too ? oh, and im realizing that the whole pink name on score sheets will make states pariahs...nation-leaders will have to be extra responsible for them because they can't just go: "oh, i thought he was a n00b, my mistake, plz understand etc etc".

im still wondering...

if a state is suicided... and say for example: 2 other states, uninvolved, take advantage of the suicide, and do SA's, or anything else, things change.

when the roll back happens.... will u rollback the whole game?

otherwise it creates changes that ripple thru the game.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

i would think that it would be a personal rollback, and a turn adjustment up to 300+100.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Personally, I think rollbacks shouldn't be used. As others have stated there could be many other factors such as grabs, market sales, etc., that IMO would just over complicate the issue.

Talking

How about no rollbacks. Instead, use superpowers + lookbacks.

See that state of the state before the suicide, use superadminpowers to put it back in that condition after the suicide.

Don't roll anything back, just give it back.
    Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Green Like Me. (#____)
    Sir Greenalotish of Greenland (#___)

Every hour all the states are backed up. So if a state is to get rolled back, it will be set to the very last backup that was made. The whole game would not be rolled back.

As for landgrabs, market sales ect ect, i'm not sure how this will work. Again, each case will be looked at closely. There may be times when just the suicider loses there state and nothing gets rolled back..

Like i stated. This is only a starting point. Will there be things that need to be improved in time? Yes, but at least we are trying to do something till coding changes can be made to be more of a suicide prevention.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"