Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: VP Debate!

Default VP Debate!

So here is a woman who has only been in the "big boys" Government for about 5 months now and she is put up against a guy who has 30+ years experience in the "big boy" govt and i don't care what anyone says, she toasted him!

i found it funny when she mispoke and called him obiden lmao!!!

I'm not saying she could be President from day one, but i do find it refreshing that there is a "ordinary" person standing in front of the nation fighting for the great people of this land.

Some may not like her or what she stands for, and that is ok.. But you have to admit, for someone who everyone claims is not smart, she more then held her own in this debate..

On a side note, i do like Biden. I think he is a decent man who truly cares for this country. But just cause you have done it for 30 years, doesn't mean you are the right person..
    Last edited by Mr President; 10-03-2008 at 10:05.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

She can see Russia from her house.

I think Biden did a pretty good job showing the real difference between how Obama will be from Bush more then Palin did for McCain.. I think she could have been a little stronger in that area..

You actually fell for that scripted crap. the whole "main street", "hocky mom", "six pack joe" BS.

She couldnt even pronounce the the generals name who is in charge in Iraq.

Everyone one on CNN (both parties) said Biden took it easy on her and could have really railed her if he wanted too.

You have to be careful how you attack her. Remember we all have to be good little boys and girls and be politically correct.

The mayor in Baltimore Co. presides over more population than her entire state. One County vs. The a land mass larger than half of the united states.

She was told what to say, and when she ran out of answers she repeated what she remembered from her script.

Sorry to disagree. I am not an extreme dem, but I can smell BS from a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    She can see Russia from her house.
    Thus she can see into the future!

As I have said in the Palin thread, I am not impressed with Palin. She does not answer the questions at all. The only thing she talks about is energy (even when the question was about personal bankruptcy). She did well in the Economy, but you could really see she had trouble with the Foreign Affairs section.

Overall, Palin did well, but how could she not? This last week, she has been made the laughing stock of the country (taking over from Bush for once), and she did well enough. However, Biden did much better. His answers showed how experienced he was in debates. His answers were quick and detailed, he did not take any swipes at Palin's mistakes (which is surprising), and most of all, he was to the point!

At the end of the day, this debate doesn't really matter. Obama/McCain is where its at, and McCain needs to make up ground fast if he wants to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

And Biden wasn't prepped? Of course they are prepped.. i think too much at times. That is why Reagan didn't do so well at first until he said enough is enough..

And i didn't hear her mispronounce the generals name. Sounded like she said it fine to me.

Is she going to be as comfortable as Biden? No, but man she did well..

And stop watching CNN.. Since the Gulf war they haven't reported anything fairly.. I'm so sick of these networks creating there own spin.. Watch it yourself and make your own opinions.. And we need to forget the media.
    Last edited by Mr President; 10-03-2008 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Thus she can see into the future!

As I have said in the Palin thread, I am not impressed with Palin. She does not answer the questions at all. The only thing she talks about is energy (even when the question was about personal bankruptcy). She did well in the Economy, but you could really see she had trouble with the Foreign Affairs section.

Overall, Palin did well, but how could she not? This last week, she has been made the laughing stock of the country (taking over from Bush for once), and she did well enough. However, Biden did much better. His answers showed how experienced he was in debates. His answers were quick and detailed, he did not take any swipes at Palin's mistakes (which is surprising), and most of all, he was to the point!

At the end of the day, this debate doesn't really matter. Obama/McCain is where its at, and McCain needs to make up ground fast if he wants to win.
    Yes Biden was more comfortable and experienced in debates then Palin. But my gosh it's time for change. It's nice to see a person who only a few years ago was one of us, standing up there speaking for us and to us..

All these seasoned politicians only care about themselves and what they can get out of it.. And of course Biden had to sit up there and talk about how good he has it, and how beautiful his house was and how he is better off then all of us... Well No sh!t... Rub it in loser....

Nobody wants to go outside the norm. Everyone wants to be in the comfort zone.. Well nothing is ever going to change if we keep doing this. get the lawyers and in bread politicians out and get the real people in.

I refuse to watch CNN any more since they felt it was OK to show terrorist videos of US troops being killed by snipers. They posted the videos on their website and on TV.

I am offended they have such little honor as to broadcast that. CNN.com used to be one of my favorite websites and I would watch the news daily.

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    I refuse to watch CNN any more since they felt it was OK to show terrorist videos of US troops being killed by snipers. They posted the videos on their website and on TV.

I am offended they have such little honor as to broadcast that. CNN.com used to be one of my favorite websites and I would watch the news daily.
    But its ok for them to show a US war plane drop bombs on "Terrorist"?