Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Special Assignment) - Marriage and Family

Default (Special Assignment) - Marriage and Family

I need a total of 20 opinions for a Sociology project I am working on. If I could get 5 to 10 from this forum, I will be doing great!

Please provide a brief statement for the following two questions and include your Sex/Age/Race if you do not mind. If you prefer not to post that, thats totally fine.

Also, thank you in advance for taking your time to read this far into it.

1) Should same sex couples be allowed to marry?

2) Should g_a_y or lesbian couples be allowed to adopt children?

No on both counts. Gay and Lesbian marriage makes a mockery of what has traditionally been a union between a man and woman with the usual goal of having children, which is impossible (naturally) for same sex couples.

Neither should they be permitted to adopt. A child cannot properly grow up in an environment without a mother and father. Not to mention the ostracism/hassle the child will face at school.

24/M/White

I am torn on this. I am pulled by my traditional upbringing and as a rule believe a married couple should be man and wife. Perhaps if a gay couple wish to form a union we should allow it, just not call it marriage. as to the adoption, that bugs me more. I do not think a child would have the same oppurtunities in life that a child raised with both a man and a woman role model. It will skew his/her reality. Now, if a mother/father have a child and find themselves in a gay relationship, then i am fine with that due to the fact that the other parent will be a part of that child's life.

39/male/c
    There is no greater sin than apathy

22/m/what was the last thing? anyways i believe that everyone is entitled to be happy and i have numerous gay friends. i have no qualms with them being seen as coupled in the eyes of the law. what it's called i personally don't care either. although i do understand how people could be offended by it being called a marriage, and it shouldn't really matter what it's called especially by those that are hoping to reap the benefits of being together under the eyes of the law. as far as them adopting or having artificial insemination i have no qualms with that either. oh and will shut up you're retarded. and you have a cute butt!

3 very good replies.. thank you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No on both counts. Gay and Lesbian marriage makes a mockery of what has traditionally been a union between a man and woman with the usual goal of having children, which is impossible (naturally) for same sex couples.

Neither should they be permitted to adopt. A child cannot properly grow up in an environment without a mother and father. Not to mention the ostracism/hassle the child will face at school.

24/M/White
    agreed here with Will (and ranger on the 2nd point). Not to mention the fact that one of the biggest Russian fears atm is its declining population. We have been facing this problem for many many years and have grown up with it...to the general population in Russia the idea of gay marriage is seen as making things even worse (not to mention the STD epidemic going on in our country)...but thats my point of view on the matter where it being an issue in Russia, and i admit that over there we have a v.homophobic view on the issue.

19/M/White (slav )

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

19/m/white

I have nothing against gays or lesbians, in fact, one of my best friends is a lez. But judging from her, and her friends that are lez as well. They don't seem to be all their mentally. It could be just that crowd, but i am judging on who i know. They seem to care more about the "pleasure" or "rights" then the love and/or children. My friend keeps asking me if her children are going to be OK in school. I give her the straight answer everytime....I don't think they will be OK. Once someone finds out, your child will be teased and made fun of by many. It's the sad truth. From what I know from the ones i do know, they wanna be married, but really don't show signs of love, or wanting to start a family. As for adopting kids, i have nothing against it. I would rather them have gay parents then no parents at all.
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

aaaah , your Lez story. we had lots of fun discussing that

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

23/m/Human

Gay Marriage is a no no... It should be something between a man and woman that are trying to mk a family.. to guys or to sexy ladies cant mk a family on there own

And Gay couples adopting kids is wrong.. not so much for the teasing at school... but more for how they will be looking at the world as they are being raised....

I have nothing against fags... jeeze im friends wit anton right... but lets be honest here... Homosexuality isnt normal and its not in our natural instinct to go stick our junk in another man... and the same for two girls rubbing their carpets.... Its just not the way of life..... its the opposite so no they shouldn't be allowed to adopt... get a dog or something

Quote Originally Posted by northbabylon View Post
    19/m/white
    I would rather them have gay parents then no parents at all.

You hit that one right on.

Kids are teased all the time, I mean seriously? They are teased because of their first name, last name, middle name, skin colour, hair colour, eye colour, how tall they are, how short they are, etc etc etc! To give that child a chance of being in a family (which is the most precious thing in the world) when they would have no family at all is a beautiful thing and the MOST important thing!

As for the first one, the thing it comes down to is marriage rights. From a practical point of view, it doesn't have to be called a 'marriage' to be a marriage. The only reason why this term is important is because of the rights one have when married (for tax purposes, etc). So to keep the traditionalists happy, call it something else, and to keep the homosexuals happy, give them the same rights as one would have in a traditional marriage!

So yes to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]