Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WLF=WTF the L switched with a T.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burch View Post
    Like I said before, this isn't nation netting aka nation fishing (Nice pun, right? ) it is NATION WARS!
    I'm really sick of people using this excuse. Yes, the game has wars in the title, but it doesn't mean it is the only way to play. I guess I get to use a cliche since you used one: If warring is supposed to be the main part of the game, then why are winners chosen by the highest net worth?

Think of it this way: The main way to score in "American Football" has nothing to do with a foot. You have to carry or pass the ball into the endzone to score the most points. Does this mean that teams should only kick field goals since the word foot is in the title? I doubt many teams would be successful with this logic, since there are more efficient ways to score.

Maybe it is time that we change the name of the game, to something that does not reflect wars or netting. Make it something neutral so that way people stop using this lame excuse.

I had a way of tying this all together so it actually made sense, but it is past midnight and I'm tired. So if anyone has trouble connecting the dots then maybe I can fix it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    I'm really sick of people using this excuse. Yes, the game has wars in the title, but it doesn't mean it is the only way to play. I guess I get to use a cliche since you used one: If warring is supposed to be the main part of the game, then why are winners chosen by the highest net worth?
    It is stated that war is a necessary aspect of the game in Mr. P's message that i believe is on the front page.

Welcome to Nation-Wars
    Nation-Wars is a free, multiplayer, turn based strategy game. You will compete with players from across the globe to achieve victory, with a variety of strategies. Winning can be accomplished in many ways including individually, and/or as a team. You can build your account to be the largest or war your way to the top.
    And ingame as well...
    WoW: [FW]
    Never piss off a farmer.

NW: [USA][FW][LoR]x2
    Red turns are a l3itch!

'03-'08 Off and on (more off then on!)

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaphew View Post
    It is stated that war is a necessary aspect of the game in Mr. P's message that i believe is on the front page.

And ingame as well...
    I'm not arguing that war isn't important/necessary. Don't get me wrong, I love warring just as much as netting.

I just hate that people use the same, lame excuse that the game has "war" in the title, so you must war. If you net then you aren't following what the game's title suggests. I was just providing an example showing that just because it is in the name, doesn't mean that is the only thing to do in the game. When people get upset at netters, they always say something like "It's Nation-WARS, not Nation-Net." Using this excuse to justify a war isn't going to make the netters go, "Oh! I never thought about it that way before."

I'm not arguing that war isn't important/necessary. Don't get me wrong, I love warring just as much as netting.

I just hate that people use the same, lame excuse that the game has "war" in the title, so you must war. If you net then you aren't following what the game's title suggests. I was just providing an example showing that just because it is in the name, doesn't mean that is the only thing to do in the game. When people get upset at netters, they always say something like "It's Nation-WARS, not Nation-Net." Using this excuse to justify a war isn't going to make the netters go, "Oh! I never thought about it that way before."
    I get your point already, so don't get upset over minor details. Like I said, I get your point, so drop it already! God, this is almost as bad as people whining about suiciders...
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burch View Post
    I get your point already, so don't get upset over minor details. Like I said, I get your point, so drop it already! God, this is almost as bad as people whining about suiciders...
    Not everything that is written on these forums is towards you or about you.

Yes, the first post of mine was directed towards you, but if you couldn't tell the second post was quoting mhaphew.
    I was replying to what he said, it was in no way referenced to you.

Not everything that is written on these forums is towards you or about you.

Yes, the first post of mine was directed towards you, but if you couldn't tell the second post was quoting mhaphew.
    I was replying to what he said, it was in no way referenced to you.
    I know that. When you quoted mhaphew's arguement, his argument was to further prove me right, whether he meant to or not.

Just saying.
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Crimson Shadow Guest

So then why did you get pissed because I replied to him.
    Am I not allowed to make a reply when someone says something against what I said?

Am I not allowed to make a reply when someone says something against what I said?
    break it!
    just let him rattle!

And you`ll never win the "Nation Wars/Net" argument, so you might as well not try
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    break it!
    just let him rattle!

And you`ll never win the "Nation Wars/Net" argument, so you might as well not try
    Yeah I don't bother arguing that argument. If that is the best they can come up with than they are not worth my time, .

I'm not pissed, I'm merely stating that I get it, there's no point of arguing anymore...that was a misread on your part.
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

I'm here to have fun.

Just the way I like it.