Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Religion = Failed Science

well i know where we came from....outta a (l)
    VaLoR-RoMe[vT][SLOB]

Quote Originally Posted by FeaRLezZoN3 View Post
    well i know where we came from....outta a (l)
    hahahahaaha
    Dak at heart

I miss the days when if somebody wanted to have a discussion - they actually had to provide some evidence for their ridiculous views.
    You cashed 3.000 turns. This generated a total of $158.770.532.638 from which $68.044.514.838 was generated as a cashing bonus.

I read one page of this thread and saw where it was going immediately...no where! People are usually stead fast in their opinion on this subject. For me, I see that neither religion nor science can prove/disprove everything. I find little sense in trying to figure out how everything was created since it's impossible! There will always be questions that can't be answered definitively. The notion of God and The Big Bang theory in a sense are the same. Who created God and where did the original matter come from for The Big Bang. Stop wasting your time on such trivial matters and do something that does matter, like food production or such.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Yea, blackwater's got a great point. If you're a die hard scientist, nothing that is said will change your view. If you're a die hard believer in God, nothing that is said will change your view. The fact of the matter is that Science and Religion do not have to be polar opposites, and they can and should work together in order to figure out just what's up behind this whole universe thing. Right now, we're like two warring factions sitting down on opposite sides of the table shooting at each other and getting nothing accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Right now, we're like two warring factions sitting down on opposite sides of the table shooting at each other and getting nothing accomplished.
    No. People that rely just are science are suiciders.

As a Christian, I demand my state be rolled back and have all the sciencey peoples names listed in pink.
    Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Green Like Me. (#____)
    Sir Greenalotish of Greenland (#___)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I read one page of this thread and saw where it was going immediately...no where! People are usually stead fast in their opinion on this subject. For me, I see that neither religion nor science can prove/disprove everything. I find little sense in trying to figure out how everything was created since it's impossible! There will always be questions that can't be answered definitively. The notion of God and The Big Bang theory in a sense are the same. Who created God and where did the original matter come from for The Big Bang. Stop wasting your time on such trivial matters and do something that does matter, like food production or such.

Your Point is a good one.

Science and Religion are the same thing...

The only difference I see is that science is based on what we can ALL perceive.

While Religion seems to be based in what only some people can perceive.

Neither one is really provable, when it comes down to it... It's a matter of practicality.

for example, the theory of relativity is quite useful to understand.

chemistry, biology.... these are practical things to understand, that help us with medicine and other advances.

Praying to god might make u feel better... But It does not help humanity.

So in re-cap, the only difference between science and Religion, is that Science is practicality.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.