Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments? (new site)

Default Comments? (new site)

http://r00tsecurity.org/solidnode/ (SolidNode.com)

Going to be my new business, and just want opinions on the design. Ignore the prices as they are just place holders.

nice and clean....not very inviting though...

http://www.hostway.com/ these people have a ridiculous amount of clients...very inviting.

I like the design. as far as that goes, the only thing i saw that i am sure you are planning on fixing is the PHP logo.

at first glance i like Solidnote more than hostaway tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

yeah... I like it! very clean if you ask me. got lots of information available at the outset.

hostaway has far too much whitespace and looks far less inviting to me. but we're not here to talk about them!
    EoS
    Resounding echoes in the silence after the storm
    In emptiness flutters by, the pretty white butterfly

my first official kill =^.^= nom nom nom! tasty!
    You have killed strawberry panties(#305)
    You have killed huh(#310)

17 May '12 You have killed Good Morning Vietnam(#720) - #1 state
    11 June '12 You have killed steeler nation(#78)
    8 July '12 You have killed A friend of Blaa(#718)
    15 Aug '12 You have killed namibia(#70)

the only reason i mentioned them is because they are a "sucess" and since i am sure vision wants to be sucessful sometimes you follow the curve...

I design is simular to Visions @ www.maggiowebdesign.com

So i know what he is talking about.

Looks good to me.. lots of info and not too cluttered.

Thanks for the support

Another preview:
    http://r00tsecurity.org/solidnode/hosting/

@ MAGGIO
    Yeah, I see what your talking about.

I like the basic idea behind the design.

Widen your table or surface where you have your information though. Right now there is too much space surrounding as a flat grey background. It has a tendency to make the page look way too static. I like the minor grey-scaling going on in the background - that helps but doesn't solve the issue of too much of it.

John's ratio on his page is just about "right" for my eye. The Hostway page is also balanced well in that aspect. They have too much white, but their table seems to just fade into the background which is a nice touch. And Maggio is right, they seem very "inviting".

I like the Solidnode logo image. I like the font for the print on the banner, but I wrestle with the color, especially vs the background. I am guessing you are going for an understated look to the print, which I try to use as well, and I think you may be coming across the same difficulties, of when is it "too subtle". You may be able to put some kind of thin line box around that banner image and print, and it might off-set the grey enough that the font color works as you intend.

In the "Why Solidnode?" box perhaps the introduction of some red might help make things pop. I get the feeling you are looking for subtly but there is some difficulty in legibility. A light green may work too, possibly even better then red. It appears you started working that way a little bit with a lighter shade for the print.

he "Welcome to Solidnode" box is Great simple images, good print form. Possibly put a little more space between the top print and the first row of options. The second row of options appear to have more space then the top row.

Over-all I think it looks very good. I'm just voicing all of the design suggestions I would want when I show anyone a piece of design work. In the end, it's really about did yo9u get across what you were wanting...

The little I've learned about marketing so far a site should be clean and attractive. I checked out a few sites and I thought this one was good.

http://www.fortunecity.com/web-hosting.shtml

Getting a certification of security that's respected would be great. The more credible the better.

That's a pretty nice design Esco.

They have a large border of background around their table, but they have an almost 50/50 balance in a very very static page. They are also working contrasts a bit, in some nice ways., Notice the oranges and greens? against the white and grey? nice touches. Do you thin kit was "chance" that the folder in the lady's arms in the upper right corner was a light greenish?

Another point. Just basic info on the site, even when you hit the tabs. they really really want you to contact them, in order to find out what's up and what they provide.

That is wise, since it starts a communication relationship, even before someone becomes a client.
    Last edited by Grendel Khan; 11-07-2008 at 19:48.