Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanctions!

my official oppinion if it even counts...: what would it hurt to try? So yes to embargos!

I think instead of just letting you declare sanctions there should be some type of payment. I was thinking about it and came up with a monetary type thing where the nation would pay a percentage of the money in their bank to keep the sanctions in place or you could have a percentage of the NA to keep the sanctions in effect

Also to balance this thing out you could add a spy op where you could bribe officials into letting your state hit sanctioned states but only for 1 or 2 attacks.

[USA] = forever, [SLOB] , [NS], [SLOB]

I like some of these ideas. I would like to say two things

1. I think we should try it on a seperate test server? Then people can work out the kinks w/o sacrificing a set to something that may or may not work.

2. I see your point about % of a grab and GB problems. I see how that can be abused by two friendly nations, but isn't that another reason to war said two nations? I know whenever I see GB trading it makes me want to send a few AR's on the people
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Nope, Sir I dont like it.
    Some of us have no desire to war and now we are gonna try and implement something that almost encourages war.

NO THANKS.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by ::LD::GrimReapr View Post
    Nope, Sir I dont like it.
    Some of us have no desire to war and now we are gonna try and implement something that almost encourages war.

NO THANKS.

grim this doesnt encourage war it actually helps those who dont want to war. now instead of warring u can impose sanctions against a nation as a way to prevent war..

some nations may war to get out of them while others may change attitudes or policies.

i could impose sanctions against your nation to try and force you to end a war with an ally. or to help prevent a war with an ally.

this idea was designed for nations who want other options other then warring..

but yes it can go both ways... all depends on how sanctions are handled by those who issue them.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post

Unless they declare war and that will override it all. Yes every nation in the game could impose these sanctions and literally prevent WLF from making any grabs.. But chances of all nations doing this are slim.. But, if it did happen, the WLF would either have to go to war, or pretty much work things out to get the sanctions removed.
    It states right there as you can see if they declare WAR it overrides sanctions so how will this help prevent war?
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

i dont like the idea...if u wanna net like GRIM they wouldnt be to smart to use sanctions really because then they cant grab that nations members which might be the good this...it would cause more wars which everybody already complains about...i say if anything put it in a different server but not the main one

Crimson Shadow Guest

I think this would be a great idea if there were thousands of players and hundreds of competitive nations, but right now there are only like 5 competitive nations and it would only cripple the others.

yeah agree...would be better if we had i higher turnout like the old WoW numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    I think this would be a great idea if there were thousands of players and hundreds of competitive nations, but right now there are only like 5 competitive nations and it would only cripple the others.
    Or perhaps if we made changes like these, we would gain more members.

There has been a new spin on this Sanctions idea. It will run through tech. Each nation would need to build it up to a min of 155% in order to declare sanctions. This new tech works just like all the others.. As land in your nation increases, it's harder to maintain. BUT also, as you declare sanctions it lowers your amount by a small % too. (once i figure it out i'll let you know)

This also gives a needed boost to the techer strat and will help make it so you can run that strat all set..

This will not be implemented next set. Something like this needs to be tested and tried.. (unless testing goes very well and in time)
    Last edited by Mr President; 11-14-2008 at 14:27.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"