Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terrorist/Suicide List

Default Terrorist/Suicide List

I see we have our first casualty of the Patriot Act. I would like to Discuss it with any and all who feel the need or would just like something different to discuss.

My personal feeling on this is as I stated before Isnt the same as suiciding.
    Why some of you may ask,well let me explain my point of view be it a short one anyway.

1. Destructive spy ops can easily be stopped by you guessed it having spies and for those of you that didnt guess it there is the answer for you.

2. TDN some people use it and I think those are the people that dont have spies.Me personally havent used it yet except in tournament to see how it worked and its not something I will use or need since I personally have spies.

3. Suicides cannot be stopped regardless of what units you have no matter how many you have becasue said suicider will just out produce or buy said unit/units you dont have enough in.

Now you can feel free to pick apart this thread if you desire to do so if i didnt want someone or everyone elses opinion i wouldnt have posted this thread in the forums.
    For any of you curious people out there I have used destructive spy ops in the past I wont lie about it nor do I feel the need too.
    I didnt go ape sh*t and use up 200 turns or anything like that but I used 5 or 10 to teach/show someone it might be wise to get some spies.
    I didnt do it maliciously or anything just a friendly reminder that there are other units out there besides Infantry.

Thats enough rambling from me again feel free to pick apart comment or bash this thread as you see fit im looking for other peoples opinions.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

my personal opinion is that desructive ops on someone with 0 spies is not a suicide because of the random factor involved with ops and because having SOME spies is an easy way to prevent it.

Being that most times destructive ops are only done on people in war or when they have 0 spies, having SOME spies will deter anyone from doing destructive ops to you because they don't want to get caught.

You'll notice I made one post under the "Patriot Act" thread. That is that my preference is not admin interferance but code change and that it was good to see a step taken in the suicide prevention direction.

There was a reason I made only one post, and didnt comment on the act at all except i prefered not admin interference............

That reason is because I don't like the patriot act, I prefer code change, and I'll just leave it at that.

All due respect to everyone, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, but there is also a reason my posts and activity has declined to almost nothing.........................

I am in strong disagreance with a large majority of whats happening, whats not happening, whats planned on happening and whats not planned on happening.......... quite frankly i'm disgusted.

I'm borderline on whether or not I'm going to find someone with 0 spies and ram them with destructive ops, just to join the terrorist list on principle.

There is a difference between suicide protection, and enabling lame, stupid **** that is a major turn off to continued patronage of the game, like infantry hording and not having to carry ANY spies.

I'm sorry, but I had to say it.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    my personal opinion is that desructive ops on someone with 0 spies is not a suicide because of the random factor involved with ops and because having SOME spies is an easy way to prevent it.

Being that most times destructive ops are only done on people in war or when they have 0 spies, having SOME spies will deter anyone from doing destructive ops to you because they don't want to get caught.

You'll notice I made one post under the "Patriot Act" thread. That is that my preference is not admin interferance but code change and that it was good to see a step taken in the suicide prevention direction.

There was a reason I made only one post, and didnt comment on the act at all except i prefered not admin interference............

That reason is because I don't like the patriot act, I prefer code change, and I'll just leave it at that.

All due respect to everyone, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, but there is also a reason my posts and activity has declined to almost nothing.........................

I am in strong disagreance with a large majority of whats happening, whats not happening, whats planned on happening and whats not planned on happening.......... quite frankly i'm disgusted.

I'm borderline on whether or not I'm going to find someone with 0 spies and ram them with destructive ops, just to join the terrorist list on principle.

There is a difference between suicide protection, and enabling lame, stupid **** that is a major turn off to continued patronage of the game, like infantry hording and not having to carry ANY spies.

I'm sorry, but I had to say it.

I was once told that i can't please everyone even no matter how hard i try. Seems each set i learn this more and more.

I guess i would need you to fill me in a bit more by what some of these things are, but pretty much every change i have made, about 95% of the people like it.

Also, if you read in the Patriot act you would have seen where i said this is a quick fix. I'm sorry i don't have lots of free days to sit and re write the whole attack, GB, and a few other codes to prevent suiciding at this time. And i'm sorry, but even if i did do it, there will still be a way around it and then people would be on here complaining about that. So i simply came up with this quick fix to help "slow it down" some.

And honestly, advertising that something would be done will also help limit the suicides.

Do you really think i want to spend even more time sitting here looking through attacks and past notes to try and figure out if it's a suicide or not? Sorry, i would rather be spending my time more wisely. And i'm sure Tnova would too.

Rass like 2 sets ago you sent me a PM asking if anything was going to be done about suiciding. So here i went and did something to help out, and your still not happy.. In fact your "disgusted". So i guess there really is nothing i can do to please you.

When i have the time i do plan on trying to make some changes to make it harder to suicide. But i just don't have it right now. My work day is sun up to sun down and then i do have a family i need to tend to as well. As many others here do too. We are doing the best we can. And we are trying to make changes that help the game. And i think the changes we have made will not only KEEP more members playing, it will attract more members too.
    We will always lose a few members here and there cause they are not happy with certain changes.

and not to mention, we have had some ideas on suiciding prevention stuff for the code, but not a lot. It's not as easy as you may think it is. Change one little thing and the ripple effect goes down the line and you have to change tons of other things.

anyway, sorry your "disgusted". We are doing the best we can.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by ::LD::GrimReapr View Post
    I see we have our first casualty of the Patriot Act. I would like to Discuss it with any and all who feel the need or would just like something different to discuss.

My personal feeling on this is as I stated before Isnt the same as suiciding.
    Why some of you may ask,well let me explain my point of view be it a short one anyway.

1. Destructive spy ops can easily be stopped by you guessed it having spies and for those of you that didnt guess it there is the answer for you.

2. TDN some people use it and I think those are the people that dont have spies.Me personally havent used it yet except in tournament to see how it worked and its not something I will use or need since I personally have spies.

3. Suicides cannot be stopped regardless of what units you have no matter how many you have becasue said suicider will just out produce or buy said unit/units you dont have enough in.

Now you can feel free to pick apart this thread if you desire to do so if i didnt want someone or everyone elses opinion i wouldnt have posted this thread in the forums.
    For any of you curious people out there I have used destructive spy ops in the past I wont lie about it nor do I feel the need too.
    I didnt go ape sh*t and use up 200 turns or anything like that but I used 5 or 10 to teach/show someone it might be wise to get some spies.
    I didnt do it maliciously or anything just a friendly reminder that there are other units out there besides Infantry.

Thats enough rambling from me again feel free to pick apart comment or bash this thread as you see fit im looking for other peoples opinions.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

I understand what you are saying, but i don't know if you understand how this all really works.

The Patriot Act wasn't set up to babysit every little illegal or war attack. So if you go off and spend 3 or 4 turns bombing structures nothing is going to happen.

It's the massive bombings or attacks that we will go after.

Blowing up 200 buildings to get a point across is one thing. Blowing up over a thousand is another.

But i would like to point something out. Some in your nation say that admins should not be interfering and forcing ppl to play a certain way, but isn't this what your nation does? I mean you say that if you find they have no spies, then you bomb them to prove a point? And that's ok? But if someone suicides and i mark them a terrorist to prove a point that's not ok?

I'm kinda getting the feeling that only certain people's ideas are correct, but mine are not.

I find it funny that people get suicided and complain like crazy, but then have no problem going off and bombing other states to make a point.

*edit* just to be clear, i'm not speaking to just you grim.. i'm speaking in general. :-)

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Who suicided?

that is super hot pink...the look pretty in pink.

Xav? wow...who is that other guy?
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 11-15-2008 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by nNiIcCkKoO View Post
    Who suicided?
    no one.

i was suicided earlier this set and i think a UBH state lost 10k building recently
    Dak at heart

Missionary Guest

naughty naughty xaviour. sneaky little canadian lmao.

im confused about this thread. Grim ur not even marked as a terrorist .

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    that is super hot pink...the look pretty in pink.

Xav? wow...who is that other guy?
    the person who ARed Cemetary from LoR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me