Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Terrorist/Suicide List

Quote Originally Posted by SmarT View Post
    here is the prob, u guys find xaviors actions ok. its not, he didnt do it for rank or nw gain. thats the bottom line, he did it because he could. so whats the difference if i decided that the top states should be hit, and i do it? there isnt any. so if you all want to take that stance, you shouldnt even try to regulate suiciding but let the nations deal with it.
    Is this to me? Cause i don't agree with Xavior's actions at all.. he didn't do just a couple, he did a massive amount.

The Problem is nations DON'T deal with it, or don't want to deal with it shall i say. it became such a problem that people were leaving.. It's the same problem when the game was World-of-War.. If you go back and ask an old vet from way back when why he left, his reply will be cause they were tired of the suiciders. Even Svenne himself in his HOF induction interview stated the suiciders were the biggest thing he didn't like about the game.

I sat back for set after set and got HUNDREDS of PM's asking me to do something about it.. So i did. All we are doing is giving consequences to the "few" who have always done it and was able to hide.. Now that everyone will know who they are, they are less tempted to do it.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Though some of you may think these posts are people whining, it's really not. This is what it's all about. Everyone giving opinions and debating things out. This is also where the ones who are truly committed stand out.. Cause they will still be here when the dust settles...... even if they didn't get there way.

Bravo to those people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Though some of you may think these posts are people whining, it's really not. This is what it's all about. Everyone giving opinions and debating things out. This is also where the ones who are truly committed stand out.. Cause they will still be here when the dust settles...... even if they didn't get there way.

Bravo to those people!!
    Well there Mr P. to many people that play this game whine and instead of dealing with whatever issue is bothering them they run to you to fix there problems. You and many others will also find out, when the dust settles, I will always be there. I enjoy playing this game alot. In all honesty I don't believe your so called "suiciding" should be outlawed. I think that if a state desires to be a terrorist state, then that state should ban together with other states that share there own ambitions. I think that labeling a state "PINK" by administrators should not be done and that nations should have that option as to label whoever they want "PINK". Just because 50 people think somebody is a terrorist doesn't mean that 50 others think the same way. Now once again these are only my opinions and my opinion of a game being run as a democracy sucks. Also just my opinion and I will continue to play this game for a very long time.
    Thank You,
    -Blitzkreg

thanks for the post diablonate18..

The suiciding issue is very complicated and very hard to pick a side.. the main problem is it just got so far out of control.. I believe in wars and all the reasons for warring. but i do also feel there is a place for terrorist states too.. Cause after all, in the real world not everyone plays nice. But we are working on trying to find the right solution. And like most things, you need to make a few wrong choices to get to the right one. (and no i'm not saying the Patriot Act is a wrong decision )

Also, i wouldn't say that this forum/game is being run like a democracy. I just enjoy getting other peoples opinions on things.. Good or bad.. with me or against me.

If this was a democracy then everyone's opinions would carry some weight.. Right now it's like a fart in the wind.. It's clears out in time and doesn't really have a large impact... lmoa.. jk!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    thanks for the post diablonate18..

The suiciding issue is very complicated and very hard to pick a side.. the main problem is it just got so far out of control.. I believe in wars and all the reasons for warring. but i do also feel there is a place for terrorist states too.. Cause after all, in the real world not everyone plays nice. But we are working on trying to find the right solution. And like most things, you need to make a few wrong choices to get to the right one. (and no i'm not saying the Patriot Act is a wrong decision )

Also, i wouldn't say that this forum/game is being run like a democracy. I just enjoy getting other peoples opinions on things.. Good or bad.. with me or against me.

If this was a democracy then everyone's opinions would carry some weight.. Right now it's like a fart in the wind.. It's clears out in time and doesn't really have a large impact... lmoa.. jk!

Well thank you for listening to me. If you guys ever get a terrorist nation or more terroristic options I will be the first to join up. It pains me to play a good guy

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    my specific arguement is that the server logs should not assist states. as a exception to the patriot act I am proposing that if no failed ops occur than the attacker should not be punished.

I think that people should be accountable for having some what of a balanced state in order to help the efforts of the patriot act. Be it Spies or Ships or what ever.

Specifically with the spy ops. the only way to know who hit yoru state if there are no fails is the server logs. I dont think those should be used as we should not know what is on them.

I also think this exception to the patriot act is a good faith sign that the members dont have a free pass as always being the victom. Therefore a some what balanced state is encouraged. In a small way I am sticking up for the suiciders but in a more powerful way, I am proposing that the community do their part in prevention. Hoping that they dont expect to be Bailed Out due to a lack of effort on their part.
    so why not say that the person who gets suicided doesnt recieve any sort of compersation for the attack but the suicider is also punished. i still think the state should only be highlighted and not killed. this will still leave the emphasis on players to resolve the issue whilst limiting admin interference ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    so why not say that the person who gets suicided doesnt recieve any sort of compersation for the attack but the suicider is also punished. i still think the state should only be highlighted and not killed. this will still leave the emphasis on players to resolve the issue whilst limiting admin interference ingame.

Not a bad idea.. what we could do is, make the 1st offense getting your name listed on the terrorist listing along with the pink highlight, but not deleted. Then the nations or states involved can handle it..

Then if there are more then 1 offense, we follow the new rules..

Lets see what others think about this idea before we go any further.

that sounds great vinnie. Let the community inflict the punishment once the state is labled pink. and on the second offense, its just an auto delete. either way we know who did it.

I love the forum idea. they have to carry the pink were ever they go.

If you mean when he fails an aggressive spy for those punishments great but if he dosnt fail one then no dice on labeling or coloring should be done.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!