Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Terrorist/Suicide List

it doesnt matter if hes your friend or not...he was pissed about the attacks and hes in my nation and destructive spy ops are against my policy...if you wanted to teach him better you should have sorted it out with him or contacted me about it...have a suicided in the past? yes i have...did i change these last couple sets to better NW? yes i have...this is just like the bashing on LoR...they may have screwed up in the past but when they try to change people just bring up the past...for being in a nation especially as a co-leader that doesnt support suiciding and then you suicide thats funny...you cant even say u didnt suicide because as Mr. Pres stated: "First, the definition of what a suicide really is. And basically it's simple. Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/stratigical gain." now from what i see out of these attacks there was no reason or stratigical gain for you. yeah he might not have had spies but what gain did you get out of it? he wasnt a high ranked player, i dont even think he was in the top 50. did i ask that grim dont accept you back into the nation? yes thats because we cant punish the nation for your actions so i figured the best and easiest thing to do is just ask you not rejoin the nation

This game is turning into a drama filled ***** fest.. no wonder no one plays anymore. If you get attacked, you get attacked, suck it up and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    Rassputtin. tell me please. a good example would have been this set. after EX attacked they jumped to states that were like 15mill inf 5mill jets 6 mill ships. me and James were the only states able to break them. i was the only one who had enough stock (and turns to use it) + units on PM to jump ( i jumped 12mill inf 10mill jets 8mill ships). if we used your idea then my players would have all had to make states which would have been useless in a war. the only way we were able to kill the EX states is for my players to go jet heavy and break them by pure ARs (and then use the money accumilated over the strikes to get AA defence)...so if we had your 60% jets = 40% readiness rules then there would have been no chance for us it totally screws the concept of breakers. how is someone supposed to kill a top state in a war if you don't have an equally good player who is also netting? you can't. you need a top stocker whod go heavy on a unit to allow his team mates to kill the target. as nosejam said, it would have to be modified for war. and also...what about people who have like ...1k spies 20k infantry. so do they have 0% readiness ?
    States with 15mil inf, 5m jets, & 6m ships that equals roughly mil str:

Assuming they had no spies to contribute to thier military strength thier %'s are

State A.

Inf = 18.82%
    Jets =19.19%
    Ships =61.99%

Which means (under my system), that they are at 38.01 % readiness. Which means that you effectively have to defeat 2,280,000 ships to break. I don't see a problem with breaking. "My" readiness system doesn't just affect attackers, defenders too. So as you see your states wouldnt be worthless, he would have suffered for being 62% ships. As he should. Its alot easier to mobilize smaller forces. Take a group of 20,000 soldiers, do you think thier "readiness" or "reaction time" or "deployment time" or whatever you want to call it would be more or less than 200,000. Secondly, after the intial "deployment" which group would be faster to respond to an alternate objective or "redeployment". You'll find that smaller groups are more "ready".

So under the system, you don't NEED breakers. You need states that are equally big or bigger. I mean really why whine about breakers.... if your not big enough your not big enough..... should cuba build nothing but ships so they can "break" the united states? How effective would that be. They simply aren't big or strong enough. If they want to do something they need to get on the phone and call russia or china or someone else who IS BIG ENOUGH!

And yes, with your 20k inf, & 1k spies which is a 23%/77% ratio would be at 23% readiness. To correct the problem you could do any number of things..... like get more than just infantry.... say 3500 spies, 20k inf & 1000 jets would put all units under 50%. Its really not that difficult.

Now if you really, really, really think that you need to go unbalanced because you really, really, really think that you should be able to attack or break or defeat states that are bigger than you, you could go two units like jets & ships at a 50/50% strength, which would keep you under the limit but give you max ships strength to break a state that is bigger........of course doing so would have negative effects on you in war time.....

But I don't really care, there will never be enough of a majority who want the game more realistic, less simplified as far as unit interaction, and less stupid as far as only having to have infantry. So there is really no point in discussing it.

Like Marine said, and I'm sure many others share the sentiment, No one has the time or care to do anything different. They want thier 99% infantry to defeat bombers and ships and if you change it so that thier infantry can't superman jump into thier air and defeat the bombers they will whimper uncontrollably.

So leave it the way it is, only add two ground attacks, one where infantry can lower readiness and one where infantry can destroy land..... then you can just delete the other units and be done with it.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

I mean you say that if you find they have no spies, then you bomb them to prove a point? And that's ok? But if someone suicides and i mark them a terrorist to prove a point that's not ok?

I find it funny that people get suicided and complain like crazy, but then have no problem going off and bombing other states to make a point.
    I suppose it depends on the point you want to make.

Bombing a state with no spies is making the point - makes the point

get spies

Deleting a state for bombing someone with no spies - makes the point

Don't ever worry about having spies

I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeForce View Post
    This game is turning into a drama filled ***** fest.. no wonder no one plays anymore. If you get attacked, you get attacked, suck it up and carry on.
    Amen to that.

I'm not going to go back and forth on this. I know where you stand, and the suiciding issue is still important to me. Just cause i enacted the Patriot act doesn't mean i have forgotten about it.. basically all that did was by some time.

The Retaliation and the Sanctions is something that has been on my list for a while now. I have a list with many idea's, and though some are broken down by importance, most are in order by time and what i can get done in a small time frame.

The suicide stuff will take a long time. It's not something that we can just throw together. It will be a long work in progress. But mainly i just don't have the time to really get in it right now. I'm thinking after the first of the year after we get passes holidays and busy work schedules.

And rass your idea is a good one and i always appreciate new ideas, but it doesn't mean it's dead perfect. It's something we would have to have other pick apart and suggest new ideas till we come up with the perfect solution.
    if you choose not to wait around for all this, then that is your choice. I also don't expect you to like all the ideas i implement. But let me be clear when i say, every new thing that goes in, can easily come back out. These are all trials to see how they do. if they flop, then we remove them.

I do hope you continue on with making suggestions. And i also hope that just cause i don't jump right on them and implement them, doesn't mean they are not good ideas or that i don't like them.

I will get to all the ideas in time.. That is a promise!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I'm not going to go back and forth on this. I know where you stand, and the suiciding issue is still important to me. Just cause i enacted the Patriot act doesn't mean i have forgotten about it.. basically all that did was by some time.

The Retaliation and the Sanctions is something that has been on my list for a while now. I have a list with many idea's, and though some are broken down by importance, most are in order by time and what i can get done in a small time frame.

The suicide stuff will take a long time. It's not something that we can just throw together. It will be a long work in progress. But mainly i just don't have the time to really get in it right now. I'm thinking after the first of the year after we get passes holidays and busy work schedules.

And rass your idea is a good one and i always appreciate new ideas, but it doesn't mean it's dead perfect. It's something we would have to have other pick apart and suggest new ideas till we come up with the perfect solution.
    if you choose not to wait around for all this, then that is your choice. I also don't expect you to like all the ideas i implement. But let me be clear when i say, every new thing that goes in, can easily come back out. These are all trials to see how they do. if they flop, then we remove them.

I do hope you continue on with making suggestions. And i also hope that just cause i don't jump right on them and implement them, doesn't mean they are not good ideas or that i don't like them.

I will get to all the ideas in time.. That is a promise!

Now, I have already accepted any punishments which i may have to suffer. I am not angry about this, I appreciate what Mr. P and Tnova do for this game. Now, perhaps the Admin could let me know what exactly the punishments are. The Patriot Act thread doesn't cover the 'suicider' part, only the cheater part.

Erm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I hope no one jumps too quickly to conclusions without having all the facts. That especially includes you, Marine.

If anyone here thinks i have 'malicious intent', they are wrong. If anyone here thinks i 'ruin top states for fun', they are wrong. If anyone here thinks i am a 'suicider', they are dead wrong.

I've been trying to stay low while getting a hold of Mr. P, but since I have not been able to do so all weekend, i will post here.

Personally, I feel as i have been caught in the threads of imperfections of a new system. I do not disagree with the system, and i do not agree with the system. I have never been a fan of 'divine intervention' (not you, Anton), I feel that a self-policing society is best, but we all know that we cannot reliabely count on ourselves for that. I appreciate the work that Mr. P and Tnova does for this game.

Now only a select few know about my circumstances (and that does not include you, Marine), but i'd like to point out a few things. If the only attacks outside of war which are accepted are SA, regular spy op, and military esp, then why make the other 'aggressive' options available at all? Why not just take them away all together? I come back to Marine's statement, that because of this new Patriot Act, states can run with 0 spies if they wish. States can run with 0 jets/agm if they wish. Why? Because if anyone tries to AR or spy op them, the offending state gets deleted! Well you can say that if a war comes along, they are toast. But how many wars occur each set? There should be consequences for not having any spies, just like there always have been. How hard is it to buy 400k spies, not even upgraded? Because I assure you, the casual 'suicider' will not even try to spy op them if there is the slightest chance that they may fail due to the huge random factor.

Now coming back to my situation, I did not just randomly pick a state with 0 spies and blow up a few k buildings. If anyone cares, the targeted state is a friend of mine in RL. We live on the same freaking street, he is new, i've been teaching him. I do not try to justify my actions, but this game has consequences. It always had. I see him with 0 spies, when I always tell him to upgrade spies right after infantry and to spy his targets. Did i destroy more than i should have? Maybe. Do i expect the Admin to know about this? No. But I've been playing for a long time, how many times have you seen me ruin someones state just for the fun of it? Did i go out and kill a random state and AA several other states for a 'grudge'? Am i 'having my grudges'? Marine, you don't know half of what happened, so please stop running your mouth because everyone here knows whos the real 'suicider'. And it sure as hell ain't me.

Now, I have already accepted any punishments which i may have to suffer. I am not angry about this, I appreciate what Mr. P and Tnova do for this game. Now, perhaps the Admin could let me know what exactly the punishments are. The Patriot Act thread doesn't cover the 'suicider' part, only the cheater part.

Oh yeah Marine, I've decided to sit for the rest of the set. And not because you try to get my nation to reject me, but because I wouldn't want to let my nation's name get ruined along with mine. So stop your idle threats, and take a look in the mirror.
    Xavior,

I am sorry i have been so hard to catch up with. You caught me the other day, but i was right in the middle of specking out a house design that i needed to have back to the architect by the next morning.. And when i finished, you were not on.. :-(

anyway, Yes i would say that you got caught in a loop hole of the new system. we did not speak with you first before we made our decision. And we should have. Cause if we knew your side of the story, then it may have changed the outcome. From now on, we will be sure to speak with ALL the people involved.

As i stated in the Patriot Act thread, this was only a start and we would build from it. And that i'm sure there will be loop holes and we will fill them as we find them.

I also stated in this thread that a few bombings to help someone realize they need spies is not going to get you marked a terrorist. We don't want to pick out ppl who do like 5 bombings on a state. This act was set up for the ones who destroy someone's state for no reason. So a few bombing here and there will NOT get you in trouble..

When we looked at your attacks, there was WAY more then a few. So many that it looked like someone suiciding. Again, we should have spoken with you to get the whole story.

Punishments for terrorist actions are as follows:

The original suiciding state is declared a suicider and carries a pink background behind it for the remainder of the set.

If the declared suicider makes a new state, they are able to play, but they carry a pink background for the remainder of the set.

If a member suicides continually or many times in a short period, then they will carry the pink background for up to 3 consecutive sets.

The whole point of this act is to point out who is suiciding. People didn't mind doing it when they were not known, but now seeing everyone will know they suicide, it helps prevent them some.

And just so everyone knows, Xavior is far from a suicider. He has not and does not do these types of acts. That is why i was very shocked when i saw it was him. But now that i know his side of the story, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post

Erm...
    i was typing it while you were typing this.. geez give me a chance.. I spent the whole day in the woods chasing bamby around trying to kill his parents so i'm a little slow right now.

i still feel its a suicide...if i were to do it i would have been labled because i have done suiciding in the past...just because sumbody hasnt done it b4 doesnt mean its not a suicide and kinda favor them with that...33 hits compared to 5 is a suicide idc who u r...it messed up sumbody's set and got them pissed off so how does it make sense???