Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regulations of the NW Patriot Act

I think the covert aspect of spies is one of the founding elements of the spy. And the ability to do something without getting caught is kind of what they are for, if an op of ANY kind is successful, the victim doesn't know who did it. Info ops he doesnt even know he was opped, destructive ops he wouldnt know except the game says your stuff was destroyed.

Maybe we should take the announcement out..... idk, ill be back to make a much longer post in a minute

THen please tell me why all the spy ops are available?

The reason why spies are at the forefront of this thing is because
    1) it is easy to stop
    2) you can't tell who did the succesful ops if they didn't fail 1
    3) we have all had experiences with morons who don't spy first then fail 2 grabs on us

Okay, #3 isn't important, but the first two are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post

Are we really going to get to the point of making it a rule of what certain types of units people need to have? Cause blowing someones buildings up for not having spies is kinda like making it a law..
    I dont want to beat a dead horse but i suggested and posted code to modify the way the units react to eachother so that, we don't have to dictate it as law, but the way they react requires some balance in order to be effective..... and imo eliminate the ability to suicide..
    dang this thread is moving to fast... but we're talking about the patriot act until coding solution is found so......... ill be back in a minute to make a huge post.
    Last edited by Rassputtin; 11-19-2008 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by ::LD::GrimReapr View Post
    I cant believe im saying this but I agree because as it has been stated several time you dont need to have 2 or 3 million spies to stop or know who did it. Its not suicide if you dont get caught because there is no chance of you dying.Now I know most of you are gonna say thats supporting suicide> No it isnt because again if you dont get caught it isnt suicide cause you will not die. If I could AA someone who had nothing but INafntry to grab them cause there infantry couldnt see my state insignia on the saide of the ships miles of shore YOU CAN BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR I WOULD BE AA'ING MY HINEY OFF ALL DAY LONG for that strategical advantage because as some of us stated before lets be realistic aint no way 125 million infantry are gonna shoot down my 3 million bombers flying overhead at 30000 feet dropping bombs on their head. Having spies gives you that chance at seeing who is doin whatever it is they are doin to you with spies easily prevented Suicides are not.
    Murder is against the law.. So if i go out and murder someone, but don't get caught, then with what your saying, i didn't break the law..

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    THen please tell me why all the spy ops are available?

The reason why spies are at the forefront of this thing is because
    1) it is easy to stop
    2) you can't tell who did the succesful ops if they didn't fail 1
    3) we have all had experiences with morons who don't spy first then fail 2 grabs on us

Okay, #3 isn't important, but the first two are.

All i am doing is making an argument.. Making a case.. Trying to point things out that i know others will be feeling or saying.. Doesn't mean i am against you guys.. Simply making an argument so we come out with the best solution.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    ill be back in a minute to make a huge post.

listen pal, huge post is my thing.. find your own darn thing..

So should this be true for Inf and tanks and jets and bombers and ships?

why does spies stand out? who says people should pay for not having a certain unit?

So next set i make a nation and decide to make people pay for not having bombers.. Is this fair for me to do? If they have no bombers and i bomb them and don't fail one attack am i a suicider?

Are we really going to get to the point of making it a rule of what certain types of units people need to have? Cause blowing someones buildings up for not having spies is kinda like making it a law..
    difference is. if i have 0 spies and bamboozled because of it...i don't know who did it. if i have 50mill inf and 0 ships and i get AAed...i know exactly who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    difference is. if i have 0 spies and bamboozled because of it...i don't know who did it. if i have 50mill inf and 0 ships and i get AAed...i know exactly who did it.
    Exactly! The whole point of spies is that you don't know who did it if they didnt' fail! If I do a few successful spy ops on someone, why should they know I was the one who did it? They shouldn't be able to run to the admin and beg for their help.
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

ok.. i see your point on that..

but my question is, if someone does 100 spy ops and passes 99 of them but fails 1, what should happen?

but my question is, if someone does 100 spy ops and passes 99 of them but fails 1, what should happen?
    well the defending state can report the player who failed the 1 spy op an investigation can be done to see whether he was responsible for the others (because who knows, maybe person A did 90 attacks whilst you were on 0 spies then you bought 300k and someone fails overview) and then appropriate measures should be taken afterwards (w/e the punishments are decided to be).

fact is. this is a completely different scenario to the ones previously listed because here you know who did the attacks (unless as i said, was some freak accident).

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Personally, I believe a pink name for the set will do. Deletion of the state (just like rollbacks) is divine intervention, and I am opposed to that.
    - Lost and Desolated -