Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was Jesus Gay?

I`m sure Jesus was interested in that female he kept draggin along. Magdelen or what the name was. So jesus being g@y is unlikely
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    I`m sure Jesus was interested in that female he kept draggin along. Magdelen or what the name was. So jesus being g@y is unlikely
    true....

but I could have sworn he kept saying: ahhhhh Men.

?

no?

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

omfg, I do say that too
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

not apathetic towards gays. it just seems that all there is lately is someone going for the shock factor and not any Real issues. was Jesus gay, hell i am not overly spiritual and that offends me (slightly)

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    why?

in your sig, you have this:

There is no greater sin than apathy

and yet you are completely apathetic towards gays?

Z
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    not apathetic towards gays. it just seems that all there is lately is someone going for the shock factor and not any Real issues. was Jesus gay, hell i am not overly spiritual and that offends me (slightly)

I am not gay... But I am offended by the way gay people are treated.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Not going to comment again on the gay marriage thing, I have already in another thread so if you wnat to know what I think, look it up.

On the Jesus part, if you were to look up the Gnostic Gospels, you will see that there were more than Matthew Mark Luke and John. There were gospels written by most of the apostles and one even by Mary Magdellin herself. In those gospels, it is written that Jesus and Mary were Companions and in the ancient sense of the word, Comp[anion meant spouse. It is also believed that they produced a female child.

The Church, Catholic Church, has sought to bury this knowledge and has done a pretty good job of it too. I believe that as was stated in the bible the Jesus was God made man. And if Jesus was truly Man, how could he not have the ssame emotions and feelings for a woman that any other man has. Why is it that he could not have the paternal feelings of any man.

If we are to believe that Jesus was truly a man, then he has to have had all the same emotions and urges that any other man has had.

Just because the Gnostic Gospels were not chosen to be put in the bible, does not make them any less valid that the ones that were included.

Do I believe he was Gay? No I do not, as if he were gay, would he have spent so much time with Mary as he did.

, you never stop amazing me, -Z-...

Love the thread, but : Jesus wasn't gay. The Spartan soldiers were gay, A lot of Roman emperors were gay, a lot of world-rulers were gay, a lot of great writers/artists/... were gay,
    Hell, even I'm gay.

Why wasn't Jesus gay, I can hear you wonder... Because he's the son of god, duh. God made his son so perfect, that he could never be gay... That's a sin, you know.

The prostitutes killed by Jack the Ripper were gay, but in the old sense of the world, meaning that they enjoyed having sex ... wtf? So I'm actually the only one on this forum enjoying that XD no...

@Dogma: we should be thankful some of these apocryphal texts survived two millenia ... A good thing the Church didn't get their hands on all of them

@Maggio: I can marry, I don't care what happens in America; as long as I am respected & equal to others in my own country...
    Just remind me never to go on holiday to **can't remember the names of the countries... one was in Africa, one in Asia**, where it's illegal to be gay ... o_O
    ... ooh, don't forget Iran, where I'd be hanged '-.-

@-Z-: if you want a religion that truly teaches tolerance, become a Hindu... They tolerate other religions etc. so good that they just think that these religions are all part of hinduism...

@whoever did it: thank you for removing that awful smiley on the word "gay" ...
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.

Poor taste to use a sensationalist shock directed towards a great teacher, IF NOTHING ELSE.

Jesus was married anyways. BUT there is also a few passages that may suggest "interesting relations" with one of the men he traveled with. Did a little into it, and you'll see it as a possibility in the transferring of "secret wisdoms".

Could have picked much more appropriate "targets" as Bram pointed out.

i still dont if jesus was a son of mary or husbad.

Both.

But the second "Mary" and the third "Mary" could have been additions of name to slightly confuse the message. But as is he was born to a Mary, and married a woman named/titled/called "Mary", who also appears to have been the third Mary that was sister to Lazarus, who later was renamed John the disciple that Jesus loved most. Interesting if that was because Lazarus/John was the brother in law to Jesus, after Jesus married Mary, or because Jesus was willing to share Gnostic understanding as "Secret Wisdom" with Lazarus, who then became John.

-- An interesting aside about Lazarus "dying" and being resurrected from the grave, is that this is also prevalent in most shamanistic principles of being reborn into wisdom.