Nice post Dogma..

As for the stats I have several ways of gathering them. Each way has it's own meaning for why I did them. Some of them are kind of confusing and it would take more time for me to explain then it's really worth .. I'll give you one breakdown.

In the last 30 days, 29 new states were created and logged into more then once. Out of those 29, 18 States have actually logged back in 5 or more times since the creation of their state. 11 of those states logged in less than 5 times after their state was created..

So why did these 11 leave? Who knows. I do try to send an email asking them why they left and some reply, some don't. There are sets (normally war sets) where people reply the community is too harsh and have weird rules. That is normally the number 1 reply I receive. Then there are those who say they were killed, or bored or the game just isn't for them.

We will never be able to keep everyone who signs up. Some sign up just to see what's it's all about then leave and never come back. Now statistically, if your comparing these same stats from previous NW sets, we are on a nice incline. 18 out of 29 members have stuck around or at least logged in 5 or more times.. Honestly that number for us is great.

I try not to compare our stats to WoW old stats cause we can't really do that anymore. Nation-Wars is so different than what WoW use to be.. I mean think about all the changes that have been made.. It's amazing ..

It's anyone's guess on how to get and keep new members. We all have ideas and it's great sharing them. I feel many of the new things implemented have made a huge impact on the game. Making the game modern looking was a huge plus for us.

A lot of people say things like text based games are out of style. Yes that is true. Most people want the great graphics and the feel of being right in the action. BUT, they are far from over. Nukezone has a large member base, Earth (until they shut down) had a decent member base, and let's look at AstroEmpires.. That game is freaking huge! Yes it has some graphics but it's mainly a text based game.

As for changes, yes i'm looking at the whole picture on attacking and all that. I'm looking at adding units or taking some out or a little of both. Missiles are a must in this game. I don't know when it will happen but it will happen. Changing up the attacking feature will also happen in time. But it won't be as drastic as some think it will be. My main goal is to make things make a little more sense. Having jets the only attack to kill land doesn't make a whole lot sense to me.. Also having 190 Million ships doesn't really make sense either.. Is there really enough water on the planet to hold that many ???

It has been proven time and time again that the little changes make the largest difference. My plan is to continue with that as well as look at other ways to make things better. Not every way will be better, but we have to try to always keep this game moving forward.. If we don't, we die!

As for new members, it's another toss up. There are times when we smother a new member and I think it chases them away, and then there are times when we treat them like poop and that chases them away. I really think the missions were a great idea and i think we need to expand on them.. Maybe some missions that will cover every single aspect of the game. I also think instant pop up help tabs or mouse over comments would help people learn their way around as well. And of course, I think the navigation needs to be looked at again as well. I think we have to many tabs on the left side. Maybe we need to have a main screen with some tabs and also a Nations main screen with some tabs. Kinda like WoW use to be where you had the tabs at the top of the "Members" page.. Who knows but all of it will get looked at over time. Many make suggestions and feel ignored if their suggestion isn't implemented right then.. Not the case.. Some things just take time.

Getting our name out is the best way to increase membership. The members we have right now could do us the biggest service. Every single one of you has friends (except Tnova who is a loner). I would bet most of you has a facebook page with 100+ friends. Why are we not hitting them to play? I implemented the "Invite a Friend" page and it is hardly used. I would say MAYBE 20 emails have gone out since implemented.. And half of those are to yourself to see how it looked.

Our main tools are from within. WE ALL have a hand in our fate of this game. That is why I like to interact with all of you as much as I do. It's cause WE ALL are in this together.. This isn't just my game and allow you all to play.. This is OUR game. Every single one of you has a stake in it one way or another. So it's up to us to make it work. Kinda look at it like we are a company and you all are the board of that company..

My last point I would like to make is, most of us talk about how it was when we first started playing.. It is really hard to compare then with now. The internet has changed so much and continues to change everyday. The people surfing the net has changed. Some of you who have been here forever just don't have the passion or time to run a nation. I know I don't. So that is why we need a younger generation to pass the leadership off too and help them along the way if needed. We have to let them learn and play at THEIR own pace and offer help when THEY want it.. Not when we feel they need it.