Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
Offered. But I don`t think he`s interested in MY help

When I started out, I had no freaking clue what and how to do. I joined up with DT, as the leade, I forgot his name...**** it`s been a while..., mailed me and asked to join, I was feeling nice, that someone offered me a place. So I started to play my way, just attacking here and there, no real reason, wihtout looking at GB or anything, just who got most land. Mixed strat.. actually played it for 2 months or so.

Then Scott took initiative and broke away from DT forming CW. That`s when the fun started. We did everything we wanted, warred for no real reason, or netted to get the AveNet, we actually finished 2nd behind GSA, now we were amazed. There were 2-3 great nations at that time, the rest just played among themselves, without caring much about RIF, BG... we had fun warring other mid nations, c22+TLR (later E). just cuz we liked.

No one ever really tought me to play, I learned by watching others, taking tips at forums. I had fun doing things myself, grasping the basics. there were more players that time, so watting was really fun. had a year or so switching between warring tags (HuuF, Secret, AR, Dak and SSC warring sets). Then Kenny came along...TWC and PX was my home for the comming sets. Same players, same goals. It was fun. Then Lor and their undernations (DL, WLF, AF) ended the fun. tons of players quit nation after nation. i left for a few months. and then another home...E...great people, great players, much fun. even while being killed for the lo ls of it. then gradually, E quit to, and I left again for a few years, until 2008 WoW in form of NW came back. USA(deli, DOOM), GRIM, SLOB, ABT...all places I called home!

What I`m saying...players need a home. It`s the reason people stay - a place they can call home! We shoul encourage new player by all means to join an established nation - ABT, LoR, USA... If they do, they`ll have a place to return to
It's interesting to see players that had no help and had no clue what they were doing when they first started, enjoy themselves. I'm from the opposite spectrum. When I first started there were 4 of us that came from another game. We created our own little nation and introduced ourselves on the forums. People welcomed us, and Fangz from E was the first to offer and provide us assistance on how to build states, how strats worked, etc. Without Fangz's help I would have been lost and probably frustrated like some of you most likely were. I like to be good at games I play, who doesn't? So the quicker I was to be able to compete with other players, the more fun it was. That very set the 4 of us disbanded our nation and just went straight into [E]. I made my home there for the next 4 months before I left because I was itching to experience the war aspect of the game. Anyway we could all go on and on. But to have someone reach out to my friends and I and help us all at once so we can get on our feet was a huge reason I stayed here. Unfortunately the other 3 I came with never stayed. Don't know why and that was 4-5 years ago and I only remember one of them. It's a shame Fangz isn't here anymore, or most of the E members. I liked them and being in a nice friendly nation was a factor in why I didn't leave the game.