Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: WLF + VT vs SLOB

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Gotink View Post
    Sry to say, Dogma : you didn't offend me by using *$$^ It was quite obvious that that was just random signs...
    And with the rest you said : The name of the game is (cliché, but true) Nation-Wars
    Not Nation-Hugs, tho if you want some, I'm sure some are willing to oblige...

EDIT: asterix - asterisk
    Ok, so what you are telling me is that there is an acceptable double standard in place here. I cannot not want to war, but it is ok for someone else to not want to net. AS I cannot force my game play on someone else, they are allowed and encouraged to force their game play on me. Is that what you are telling me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Ok, so what you are telling me is that there is an acceptable double standard in place here. I cannot not want to war, but it is ok for someone else to not want to net. AS I cannot force my game play on someone else, they are allowed and encouraged to force their game play on me. Is that what you are telling me?
    I am telling you that war is the nature of this game, hence the name.
    Netting is part of the game. You can look at netting as "a passtime between the wars".

You can enforce war upon someone, by warring them (hmm, that's easy),
    You can't enforce netting upon anyone, for the obvious reason that if anyone "violates" the treaty/declaration/..., you have to war them to get rid of them. I can almost imagine the following : "You triple tapped one of our top 10 members. Now, we won't retal/war b/c we want to net, so get lost and triple tap someone else !"
    my response to that would be : "ermh... no"

He who wants peace,
    should get ready to war.
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.

I will ask you as I have asked others who cannot answer this question, maybe you will be able to.

What makes the top nation in the scores list?

What makes the top state in the scores list?

If you can honestly answer this question, then tell me where in the archives or in any histopry of this game does war kills or victories come into play in scoring?

I disagree with your statement the war is the nature of the game as there is not listing of nations with moist kills or war victories.

I will ask you as I have asked others who cannot answer this question, maybe you will be able to.

What makes the top nation in the scores list?

What makes the top state in the scores list?

If you can honestly answer this question, then tell me where in the archives or in any histopry of this game does war kills or victories come into play in scoring?

I disagree with your statement the war is the nature of the game as there is not listing of nations with moist kills or war victories.
    Answers to both questions : a war-free netting set, with a player that is capable of netting.

Dogma, there will be enough sets for any of you to net, unless you want to war, of course. You'll have to accept that once in a while, you'll have to war.
    Perhaps we need another World War ... Not for the war, but b/c the first couple of sets afterwards are always less filled with wars...

And, Dogma, If you want to net, you'll need sufficient army to make a threat to everyone saying : "Attack us and you die, as will your restarts etc. And we? We'll have a nice, short war and then continue netting."
    Two ways of staying out of most wars:
    - blend in. You don't exist. People won't realise you have a nation full of targets until the set's over.
    - Be too strong/weak. The first is a risk for whoever wants to war you. The latter is more of a moral defense. Big nations slaughtering small ones is not widely accepted/tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Gotink View Post
    Answers to both questions : a war-free netting set, with a player that is capable of netting.

Dogma, there will be enough sets for any of you to net, unless you want to war, of course. You'll have to accept that once in a while, you'll have to war.
    Perhaps we need another World War ... Not for the war, but b/c the first couple of sets afterwards are always less filled with wars...

And, Dogma, If you want to net, you'll need sufficient army to make a threat to everyone saying : "Attack us and you die, as will your restarts etc. And we? We'll have a nice, short war and then continue netting."
    Two ways of staying out of most wars:
    - blend in. You don't exist. People won't realise you have a nation full of targets until the set's over.
    - Be too strong/weak. The first is a risk for whoever wants to war you. The latter is more of a moral defense. Big nations slaughtering small ones is not widely accepted/tolerated.
    Ok, typical response, no point in continuing this conversation, do what you will. Have your fun.

Ok, typical response, no point in continuing this conversation, do what you will. Have your fun.
    Have a nice day (or whatever time it is).
    If you don't mind me getting my fun sleeping...

Dogma, at the very least you could explain what you don't like about the post... which is, it seems, all of it

War isn't the nature of this game by any stretch, it's merely a small part of it.

Wow, nice job on the come back SLOB... I'm starting to feel a little lonely and creeped out around all these dead states

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Wow, nice job on the come back SLOB... I'm starting to feel a little lonely and creeped out around all these dead states
    You should be feeling lonely in your nation too. Don't worry P.... just log off... back away from the computer... and then you can join the dead states and you won't be all alone.

Default and down goes bama20

well, i lasted as long as i could. just got home from work and logged on to see my state is gone. i'm off to the beach for thanksgiving tomorrow anyway, and i would not have computer access for the game. when is the new set beginning? i would hate to have my state created after it starts and lose those valuable turns. see y'all next set.