Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious Discussion on Recruitment Rewards

We are not at a point yet where we can hand out prizes for those who get the most people to play.. (other then prem and possibly a NW t-shirt)

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    An idea I got from another site seems to work. When someone buys a premium account they are given the option to purchase a 1 month Half Price premium account for a friend as a gift.

I like this idea..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Honestly, I think we have been looking at the wrong thing here. It's not new members we need. (Well OK that too) but rather retention. Anyone that invests in a premium account is more inclined to stay.

So maybe even half price is too much. How about $1.00 or something like that. We could even run a sale from time to time. Advertise a $5.00 off for six months or something like that. (Online promotion codes, coupons.)

And Mr. P, if you haven't looked at this site lately, check out their format and some of their ideas. http://www.casualcollective.com/

Online radio with member as DJs, gifts for member profiles, member profiles and a nice layout. I'm not saying we need to copy the site but rather use it to inspire some fresh ideas.

I've done some thinking (MAGGIO's goodwill intentions forced me to) and I've been thinking of this for awhile but I don't know how well it work.

As you know I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, and being a fan I visit the Buffalo Bills message boards regularly. The forum there is exremely active with a wide variety of ages. I've been wanting to post a thread advertising the game, however advertising I believe is against their CoC (Code of Conduct, which is pretty strict compared to here) but I think there is a small division of the forums that allows for general topic including video games, and maybe we can have someone go around to all NFL forum sites and try to advertise there, . I know it may not be the right crowd, but if it worked the Vbookie would he hopping

Anyway, just a suggestion, couldn't hurt to try I guess. (I'm hesitant to try on the Bills site b/c I don't want to get banned since I'm a regular member, )

But to give you an idea on how busy these NFL forums are:

Threads: 61,026, Posts: 1,101,980, Members: 5,560, Active Members: 3,176
    Most users ever online was 2,246, 04-26-2008 at 07:35 PM

We get about over 1,000 users a day. As I speak, there are 125 members on the Bills forum and it's 2am in the morning.

Now if 1,000 people log on each day just for 1 team, and we're able to advertise to 32 teams... we're talking thousands of people. Figure people that actually click the link and check us out is less than 1%... that's still 100 people we might get to click the link and check us out. I may be wasting my time with this idea but hey, it's what came into my head and I might as well throw it out here.
    Last edited by ooga booga; 11-29-2008 at 02:04.

what is the link to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    what is the link to the forums.
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/index.php

I've been to several other NFL boards and their activity varies, they weren't as active as the Bills (our fans are nuts) but I'm sure some teams are even busier (cowboys, giants, Steelers, Packers, etc)

If you want, later I can take the time to collect the links to each team and post them here. We would need someone to go through the hassle of creating an account on each site and then we would need a post/message where we could just copy paste on each forum. We could try to disguise it from advertising by having the post ask like "Does anybody know about or play www.Nation-Wars.com? It's really cool..." etc, etc. I'm busy at home right now and working on a school project, but once I'm done I'll try and post all 32 links here or PM them to you.

Edit: Even mentioning something about betting fake credits on their favorite football team with our Vbookie might get them to come to the forums.
    Last edited by ooga booga; 11-29-2008 at 13:51.

Dont go as far as finding all those forums, but I think you can post on that forum. I checked it out and there is a games section. If you can post about a console game you can post about our game. Especially if you have a good amount of posts going on for you there.

Remember to post an update on the link in the post link in my sig so i can get you paid on that.

Now no offense, but that is promotion and advertising which we can discuss in another thread. this one is about recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    Dont go as far as finding all those forums, but I think you can post on that forum. I checked it out and there is a games section. If you can post about a console game you can post about our game. Especially if you have a good amount of posts going on for you there.

Remember to post an update on the link in the post link in my sig so i can get you paid on that.

Now no offense, but that is promotion and advertising which we can discuss in another thread. this one is about recruiting.
    Doesn't advertising lead to recruiting?

But yes, I will try a thread and see how it goes and come back to you in a weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    Doesn't advertising lead to recruiting?

But yes, I will try a thread and see how it goes and come back to you in a weeks time.
    a link like that is two fold. one google sees the link and thinks we are important so we will rank higher for the keywords we are going for.

yes some people will click on the link but much fewer than you think would. hope we get a player or two from there, we can track the traffic from that site when the link goes up.

recruitment links could be part of the situation, but also asking a friend, neighboor, schoolmate, or work mate give the recruiter more control over the situation is is most likely to lead to a person of interest staying interested.

you have a feel for the people you know. I know who to ask and who not too, question is why are we not asking the people that we know to ask. not all of us, but some of us have loads of people to ask and dont. some of the members have done great at this, like skycat.

How big is the Bills fanbase? I am just surprised at those numbers, considering how popular football is in the US and how many people live on the east coast.

Our members have made a total of 2,405,080 posts
    We have 47,423 registered members
    Most users ever online was 3,631 on Apr 3 2008, 09:14 PM
    597 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes

Thats the Vancouver Canucks forum. Unfortunately, if I post a thread linking this game I will get banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

What's not ok:
    • Any 'classified' type advertisements
    • Threads, posts, links, or sigs advertising games
    • Any promotion to a website with intent to syphon traffic or make a profit
    • Advertisements and links to other message boards
    • Requesting for or selling merchandise in signatures
    what i dont understand is why you can have a post about a ps3 game, but not an online game?

maybe you could pm the moderator and ask permission.