Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What ur gonna be when u get all growded up

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn33 View Post
    I'm in my third semester for Aerospace Engineering.
    Big bucks for booze, but it's frowned upon to come into work hung over.
    So it's a win/loss situation.
    Hows that going? Thats what im going to school for

Munich, Bavaria, Germany / Leicester, England, UK

A postgrad student

and jobwise, consultant, investment banker, corporate financier, private banker or fund manager.
    afterwards self employed with my own real estate busienss

Extra Bavariam nulla vita, et si vita, non est ita.
    (Outside Bavaria there's no life, and if there is, it ain't worth living.)

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

Welcome to Germany - Land of Ideas

Melting Supervisor in a steel foundry not what i wanted to be but it pays my bills and buys me Booze.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Crimson Shadow Guest

I'm plan to be a network administrator......or accountant if I get into Notre Dame

im pretty sure you can be an account after graduating from colleges other than Notre Dame...i swear i always get the impression from American Tv Shows that kids have one dream school and if they don't get into it life is over *confused*.

what other schools you applying for Brett?

Personally after hopefully succefully graduating from my current Uni im thinking of either going into Financial side (investment banking/accounting etc) or doing a law conversion course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

im pretty sure you can be an account after graduating from colleges other than Notre Dame...i swear i always get the impression from American Tv Shows that kids have one dream school and if they don't get into it life is over *confused*.
    i get that impression in britain too to be honest...

but i am guessign he'll want to go to one of the 4, so he'll have to go to a decent university. and Notredame seems pretty ok, altho i can't see entry standards there beeign too high... seems like a pretty average university

Personally after hopefully succefully graduating from my current Uni im thinking of either going into Financial side (investment banking/accounting etc) or doing a law conversion course.
    i think you're gonna want to take IB (well front office anyway) off your list
    why law tho?

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

"When someone from Uri, Switzerland, moves to Austria, the average IQ of both countries rises." - Prof. Wigger, on interpreting mean values.

really? i was gonna say in Britain people dont really seem to mind which one of their choice unis choice unis they go to (i for example would have been delighted to have gone to 5/6 of the ones i applied to..)

pfft, i might be in a crappy situation atm but i can still turn it around. besides at the end of the day im at a better uni than you so if i have to cross it out then , and one of the best in the country for economics . besides, im not gonna be applying for trade roles or anything super matheatical....granted you have the experience + work experience side way more than me....and yes again, i know that atm im not in a situation that will look great when i apply. but then again, im not exactly gonna leave it as it is atm

but tbh, im gonna be left with a big enough inheritance to not have to bother with IB

why law? hmmm begining to take an interest in it...but thats a matter that ill have to decide several years from now so atm its just an idea that im playing with.

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

really? i was gonna say in Britain people dont really seem to mind which one of their choice unis choice unis they go to (i for example would have been delighted to have gone to 5/6 of the ones i applied to..)
    well yea, for most people here that is true, but then again msot people also study useless degrees or don't know what they want in life...
    those who do, want to go to a good place. everybody i know who has some idea of what job they want to do is here because this palce is a leading university in that area.

besides at the end of the day im at a better uni than you so if i have to cross it out then
    times university of the year mate
    also, it might well change by the time i graduate. jsut got a 1 billion pound expansion plan underway (no idea where they get that moeny from). and we overtook Loughborough, Kings, Exeter, Bristol, Nottingham and other pretty good semi-targeted. Internationaly warwick and leicester are same league...
    (also you forget that I got 2 other target unis on my CV already and am likely to add a masters at a decent place)
    and one of the best in the country for economics
    we also got full score on all evaluations...

but then again, im not exactly gonna leave it as it is atm
    yes, what are you gonna do? found a job/internship/placement yet?

besides, im not gonna be applying for trade roles or anything super matheatical....
    depends on what you trade and for whom.. you can also go into sales or ER

why law? hmmm begining to take an interest in it...but thats a matter that ill have to decide several years from now so atm its just an idea that im playing with.
    law and intereting. you rarely hear that i nthe same sentence. its dead boring trust me. jsut like accounting.

Munich Loves You
    Best city in the world

no of course i haven't found a job/internship yet. you know im a lazy **** . yes i was thinking sales if anything. masters? why would you need to do a masters? bachelors not enough ?

i think the case with USA is that they have a much stronger affiliation with their local university (possibly due to their athletic following), something not seen here in UK...
    Crimson is from Indiana and as such my guess is that he has been following Notre Dames basketball/football team alot so hence why .

overtook in what? pfft internationally...have you seen some of those international league tables? absolutly ridiculous. i think i saw one which had a UK uni generally rated in 60's areas whilst not having Bristol (or something like that)...most of the time those tables are compiled using some crappy *** method.

anyway, as long as i get my *** off my chair and stop being a lazy waste man Warwick will take me far

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    I wanted to be a firetruck.