Thread: I have a question....

Default I have a question....

With all the technology that we have on this planet, why can't they make a satellite dish that can see thru a thunderstorm? I hate DirectTv in a thunderstorm, makin me miss the indy 500!

Go for the cable
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

I think cable sucks, but accually may try it to reduce my cost a little bit.. however.. Some people have said try putting a black garbage bag over the dish when it rains.. it is suppose to help.. I dont know if it really does though.

Quote Originally Posted by Disorder View Post
    I think cable sucks, but accually may try it to reduce my cost a little bit.. however.. Some people have said try putting a black garbage bag over the dish when it rains.. it is suppose to help.. I dont know if it really does though.
    That will not really help at all... I used to be a SatCom tech in the US Navy and this is how it works... Imagine a piece of spaghetti the length from your dish to the satellite miles into space... If you have a thunderstorm it will most likely will bring down the feed to you. It works on extremely high or super high frequency (which are gigahertz.) You just got to get used to it or get cable if you are in a rain area of the world.