Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 1st Sanctions Declared!

hey i voted for them. i want to see them, but there is a lot of complaints and not much time to come up with and implement a solution for next set. i hope u prove me wrong. i'd rather see it scrapped altogether instead of ppl quitting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    hmm but atm once declared your tech could drop to like 146% and its still goes on which is ridiculous imo. perhaps some kind of compensation fee being paid to the nation being sanctioned? although this could result in feeding although this would need to be v.elaborate and would be immediately noticeable. i agree, thinking about it, you are right....but if a tiny nation is going to declare sanctions on a big one its the one getting hurt either way (its like, im sure China wont care if Lichtenstein sanctioned them) tbh. all im saying is, sanctioning needs to be made so that nations think twice before just declaring it.
    I would suggest:
    155% tech to declare and maintain sanctions.
    Tech is reduced by a percentage of total every 24 hours for each nation you have declared sanctions against.

This would mean that you have to keep your tech up just from state growth in addition to an actual cost of having the sanctions.

Take my nation as an example. We declared at around 155% tech (the minimum). Immediately we fell below 155% tech (initial sanctions cost). We are now continuing to fall farther and farther from 155% tech (nation growth), but we can keep sanctions up indefinitely.

I believe one of the bonuses of sanctions was that it was supposed to help the techer strat. However, we must consider that beyond our initial investment in tech (an investment made early in the set, when tech is selling anyway), we are not making the techer strat any more viable long-term.
    The Legend of Glorious Province
    Download the Nation Wars Calculator, last updated 2008-07-02 18:14 EST. See forum post for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangz View Post
    hey i voted for them. i want to see them, but there is a lot of complaints and not much time to come up with and implement a solution for next set. i hope u prove me wrong. i'd rather see it scrapped altogether instead of ppl quitting the game.
    The effect would have been the same if two or three nations warred them for the same reason.

They should have been stocking turns from day one they were sanctioned against.

Neo Moradon(#121) Leader *DEAD*
    Margus Alchemy(#122) - *DEAD*
    Rid**** Furian A rmy(#153) -
    MMmPeaceBoy V2ikePoiss(#161) -
    ummi salabanzi(#162) - *DEAD*
    Azyzreyz Sn0wWw0rld(#179) -
    inetu pardipoeg(#190) - *DEAD*

Only #190 of us those 4 dead states didn't have anything upgraded(he was about to, I sent him a message just earlier today..). Yet another stupid reason for a war/sanction. I hope the war didn't have anything to do with James failing a grab on me (which basically meant my victory). But oh well, doesn't matter anyway because we didn't have anything to grab anymore and we were thinking about deleting our states, if GRIM decided to go for a sanction too, as a protest against the sanction update. I hope you run to someone more aggressive next time with your sanctions, so you'll get your states landdropped without a second thought, because this really is giving the middle finger to the smaller nation and saying "attack us, if you dare". Goodbye
    Last edited by Margus; 12-11-2008 at 01:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Margus View Post

Only #190 of us those 4 dead states didn't have anything upgraded(he was about to, I sent him a message just earlier today..). Yet another stupid reason for a war/sanction. I hope the war didn't have anything to do with James failing a grab on me (which basically meant my victory). But oh well, doesn't matter anyway because we didn't have anything to grab anymore and we were thinking about deleting our states, if GRIM decided to go for a sanction too, as a protest against the sanction update. I hope you run to someone more aggressive next time with your sanctions, so you'll get your states landdropped without a second thought, because this really is giving the middle finger to the smaller nation and saying "attack us, if you dare". Goodbye

Land farming is cool

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

such hostilities within this family sometimes... I honestly think sanctions could be used as a tool to make good players better as well as a peaceful alternative
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

I hope the war didn't have anything to do with James failing a grab on me (which basically meant my victory)
    I don't agree with you on this. As you can see by the timing I only tried to grab you because we were about to declare sanctions and if I coulda broke it woulda guaranteed my victory. With the sanctions in place I would have caught/passed you anyways. Sorry to see this happen I was really enjoying our competition, maybe you guys should try spreading out in existing nations?
    You cashed 1 turns. This generated a total of $1.284.622.556 from which $550.552.524 was generated as a cashing bonus.

i'm leaning against em, but i'll give it some before i make overal decision.. wut about a counter to sanctions w/ your own sanctions tech? nations could then fight it peacefully.

that'd give us a reason to get sanction tech if only to avoid another nation to sanction us.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

what

Personally In my honest opinion I said in my nation message board we werent gonna use sanctions because I didnt like it.
    Secondly as for this war having anything to do with james's failed grab. No it has nothing to do with that. I personally thought we were their targets I am sure you can ask several people that and they will confirm it if you want a list just PM me Ill give you the list of poeple to ask.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!