Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 1st Sanctions Declared!

why is everyone complaining about getting a bit of gb? id love it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    why is everyone complaining about getting a bit of gb? id love it tbh.
    That is the argument I made against our sanctions
    The Legend of Glorious Province
    Download the Nation Wars Calculator, last updated 2008-07-02 18:14 EST. See forum post for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    We didnt put the first two sanctions on, but now we are trying to cover our butts, and we are being shunned upon. That is total BS. If prey would work it out with WLF and others then there would be no reason at all.

Fact of the matter is when WLF and the others put the sactions on it created a huge vacumm were some rediculous % of members could not be hit by prey, so what does that do, it leave nations like SLOB open for more LGs.

IDK if that was Dogmas reason, but its a good enough one for me IMO.

They LG'd SLOB almost 10 times, and hit SOUL about 15times in the last 36. Its evident that it is an increase since others have sanctions on them. SOUL better open their eyes before they become a land farm cause guess what they wont be hitting SLOB for a while.

Not to mention the triple from Prey to SLOB, you guys never know it may be part of a retal? Please think before you start bashing on SLOB. We are not an aggressive nation.

Maybe its time for Prey to start stocking turns and taking out the nations that put them in this situation (point finger).
    !!! So let me get this straight... you want Prey... an 11 man nation... to sit down with WLF and TNG (46 members) and try to negotiate with them when the sanctions were UNCALLED for in the first place?? Have you talked to WLF or Prey? Because maybe Prey has attempted to talk to them but WLF blows them off or thinks they shouldn't lift the Sanctions. What is Prey to do if WLF and TNG simply so "we don't feel like it?" War 11 on 46??? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! That's nuts. Simply nuts. WLF and TNG both declared Sanctions because they thought Margus was feeding, which was proven by Anton that he wasn't. But they still haven't removed Sanctions. Dogma and SLOB had different reasons, but now GRIM joins in because they don't want to get grabbed (HELLO!?! Grabbing is part of the game man). So now Prey can only grab NS, TNR, and maybe some stocking SOUL states. That's real great! Lets all cripple a nation that did nothing wrong and they can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    That is the argument I made against our sanctions

sucks for TNG/WLF/SLOB/GRIM because most Prey players farm everything in sight.

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

No offense to anyone intended, but I think it was way too soon to implement this addition. I just don't think the dynamic of the game as it is now was completely considered. There are entirely too many ways this can be abused. This has changed the entire game and it is too easy for one or two nations to garner too much power over the outcome of the round.

maybe right. should wait and see how it plays out. i would bet we won't see sanctions next set tho.

where is mr. p to impart his wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    No offense to anyone intended, but I think it was way too soon to implement this addition. I just don't think the dynamic of the game as it is now was completely considered. There are entirely too many ways this can be abused. This has changed the entire game and it is too easy for one or two nations to garner too much power over the outcome of the round.
    It really hurts the small nations. Say you have a 25 man nation, and you declare Sanctions on a 6 man nation. Now this was all preached that, "Both nations can't grab so it's fair to both nations." WRONG! The 6 man nation loses out on 25 states to grab. The big 25 man nation, loses out on just 6 states to grab. Now, who hurts more in this situation? Small nations. I was iffy about the sanctions, and now I'm sure I don't really like them just yet. I know this was a test set for them, and I think this proves that there are too many faults with it for it to be implemented into the game. The concept of it seems intriguing, and it can spice things up, but it can also hurt the community and I feel it creates a more negative impact in the game then anything positive. Just my thoughts...

some definite changes needed:
    sanctions automatically fall off if % drop under 155.
    can't redeclare for x hours in this case.
    perhaps add a monetary cost as well? paid straight out of nation bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    some definite changes needed:
    sanctions automatically fall off if % drop under 155.
    can't redeclare for x hours in this case.
    perhaps add a monetary cost as well? paid straight out of nation bank.

that would make it worse. then only HUGE nations could declare, small nations wouldn't even have the option if they wanted to.

hmm but atm once declared your tech could drop to like 146% and its still goes on which is ridiculous imo. perhaps some kind of compensation fee being paid to the nation being sanctioned? although this could result in feeding although this would need to be v.elaborate and would be immediately noticeable. i agree, thinking about it, you are right....but if a tiny nation is going to declare sanctions on a big one its the one getting hurt either way (its like, im sure China wont care if Lichtenstein sanctioned them) tbh. all im saying is, sanctioning needs to be made so that nations think twice before just declaring it.