Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [GRIM] Sanctions [PREY]

Quote Originally Posted by Fangz View Post
    ok so that was weird
    yes very wierd

I agree with everyone! I don't like sanctions at all but I understand why the last few Nations declared! I have nothing against Prey and I too don't think they did anything wrong in the first place! I don't think it's right that Nations are being forced to play the way others want to. With all of the garbage and underhanded tactics I see going on everyday I'm sorry to say that this game is QUICKLY becoming no fun!!! I have ALWAYS played this game above board! I can honestly say that I have NEVER taken part in ANY shady doings! NEVER! And for some reason that doesn't work out for me! I just don't get it!

Sorry Prey I wish you the best!
    Last edited by DevilDog; 12-10-2008 at 20:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I agree with Anton. This is all TNG's fault
    I'm not Anton

[USA] = forever, [SLOB] , [NS], [SLOB]

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    I'm not Anton
    no. but you want to be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    I'm not Anton
    Sorry, quoted you by mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Eh, I find infantry hoarding quite irritating to be honest, but I wouldn't declare sanctions for the reason that its too costly to get tech to 155 when the money could be better spent. It stinks for my state that I'll be getting whacked more by prey now, but its a mixed blessing since I'll have prey related GB.

My nation is equally divided between stockers, noobs, inactives, and a couple of larger states. When the game gets bigger, I'll probably find myself using sanctions at some point though.

The Sanctions feature was not intended to be used for anything other then a putting some pressure on a nation to stop certain actions such as foul play of some sort.

Issuing sanctions to keep your nation from getting grabbed is not what it was intended to do..

Also, let's not forget that this is the first set with this feature and as stated, i'm sure changes would be needed. So as we work with these sanctions we are able to see how they can be abused and solutions can be made. Like perhaps a nation can only have 2 sanctions placed against them at one time or something along those lines.

WLF has a decent reason to declare them. They were trying to prove a point and force PREY into stopping certain actions. I think the point has been proven and i am hoping WLF will end these sanctions against PREY and both nations can work out a deal.. Of course i am only a member and can't make these calls.

But before we start dissing the new feature and throwing our hands in the air saying yup i knew they wouldn't work, how about making some suggestions on improving it and making it so it can be less abused..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

but NW is like a rollercoaster (or a hip hop concert)...it's more fun if you throw your hands up in the air (and wave them like you just don't care).

NW is also like a mosh pit, you throw your hands up in the air like you just don't care, but if the fat man takes a stage dive (Read: new features that don't work out), the people part like the red sea and said person flops onto the ground like a giant piece of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    The Sanctions feature was not intended to be used for anything other then a putting some pressure on a nation to stop certain actions such as foul play of some sort.

Issuing sanctions to keep your nation from getting grabbed is not what it was intended to do..

Also, let's not forget that this is the first set with this feature and as stated, i'm sure changes would be needed. So as we work with these sanctions we are able to see how they can be abused and solutions can be made. Like perhaps a nation can only have 2 sanctions placed against them at one time or something along those lines.

WLF has a decent reason to declare them. They were trying to prove a point and force PREY into stopping certain actions. I think the point has been proven and i am hoping WLF will end these sanctions against PREY and both nations can work out a deal.. Of course i am only a member and can't make these calls.

But before we start dissing the new feature and throwing our hands in the air saying yup i knew they wouldn't work, how about making some suggestions on improving it and making it so it can be less abused..
    Now... I know you want features to be used a certain way... but you know that people are going to abuse it and use differently than the "way you intended." Unfortunately, the rest of the community does not have the same mind-set as you.

A decent reason to declare? I guess that is in the eyes of the beholder. Prey doesn't think it's a decent reason. I don't think it's a decent reason. Do tell, what was the reason? That Anton told Margus of a good grab, and he took it?? That's apparently a bad thing? Come on now!

I said earlier, this is in the new stages so I'm not going to totally just bash the Sanctions feature here. I think it needs to be tweaked and worked with. Back to drawing board so to speak. A cap on how many nations can sanction a nation might be a good suggestion.