Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: WLF Sanctions Grim

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    this is no different then warring except you dont waste turns attacking you waste turns to get tech up.

So basically instead of being punched your being slapped.
    W/E

man, they are not dead. they dont have to prepare for war, they dont have to stock turns,

this is not war at all, this is sanctions, yes it hurts, causes some lost land, but if you are saying this is the same as war, then you are wrong.

they can expand, and they can grab other people.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    W/E

man, they are not dead. they dont have to prepare for war, they dont have to stock turns,

this is not war at all, this is sanctions, yes it hurts, causes some lost land, but if you are saying this is the same as war, then you are wrong.

Z
    Sanctions isn't the friendliest thing to do, but it doesn't mean we hate each other either. I mean, it works both ways. Sure I'm pissed Cem grabbed us just before, but in the bigger picture it won't matter much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

W/E

Z
    SLOB used sactions as a form of retal...is that not appropriate? You would have to agree that it atleast falls under a category shared by an offensive act towards another nation?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    SLOB used sactions as a form of retal...is that not appropriate? You would have to agree that it atleast falls under a category shared by an offensive act towards another nation?
    I dont Think Z said that at all...Yes War and Sanctions are Offensive but Sanctions are less aggressive its not war.... War causes you to save turns.....Focus on making a strong waring state instead of a Netting state....Being Smarter with Grabs since turns are vital.....and the risk of being killed.... While Sancations are less Offensive and way less aggressive... sanctions limits ur grabs... and at times ruins some great grabs... you also dont have to worry about getting killed as much.. It truly comes down to the how the leaders handle it... if they are willing to listen and meet some comprimise.... Prey obviously failed at that part....But we are sure Grim wont.... They can either show how to handle it diplomatically or just War and attempt to defeat us or atleast ruin our set which is very possible...

There is a difference ppl just have to learn to accept it and play with it....
    Last edited by Hoebawt; 12-13-2008 at 02:08.

I was contesting Maggios idea that war is just like sanctions, (or vice versa)

its comparable to this:

Getting a Kick in the *** = Sanction

Getting a shotgun blast in the *** = War.

IMO Sanctions are quite different than war... Sanctions could be seen as offensive... but really its a defensive thing...

It is limiting attacks, not increasing them. and it limits the loss of land from your member states.

IMO its a defensive declaration.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

I was contesting Maggios idea that war is just like sanctions, (or vice versa)

its comparable to this:

Getting a Kick in the *** = Sanction

Getting a shotgun blast in the *** = War.

IMO Sanctions are quite different than war... Sanctions could be seen as offensive... but really its a defensive thing...

It is limiting attacks, not increasing them. and it limits the loss of land from your member states.

IMO its a defensive declaration.

Z
    I think Maggio is just trying to stir things up.
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Perhaps we should ban him.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    For something that is just being tested and his postion on these fourms.... i dont think thats needed

Perhaps we should ban him.

Z
    Or we could Sanction him!

Maggio, we demand that you leave SLOB and form your own nation we can sanction!
    - Lost and Desolated -

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    See this is the reason I think Sanctions needs to be fixed. Nations are using them to unfairly try and propel their top states into the top spots. I think it's a pretty lame tactic to use but oh well. Unfortunately with sanctions it is a valid tactic, .
    Dont agree with you, sanctions are a great tool which may result in tension between nation. This adds a new perspective to the game and will for sure create many wars in the future