Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ha Im Prob Goin 2 Iraq!!!!!

thanks guys and devil just so u noe i went army national guard cuz the marines messed wit my contract and stuff hahaa

hey, i was army NG myself. went RA for a while. been out since 1993
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Missionary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    Marine you know i'd join you andmy step brother and all my friends and family over there but they wont send me over seas...
    good job, dont think people would like it if the government started sending boy scouts over

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    wow get educated or atleast a little background info before you go bash something / some1.

We (the soldiers) don't make decisions of war were told to fight so we do. As far as accomplish its no work for one person and anyways its not what we ( the US) need to do. Were basically there in support of Iraq getting its own government and military up and running so they can protect themselves from terrorist or a coup.

So before you get all American bashing please educate yourself so you dont look like a complete jackass.

Thx have a nice day
    Does it matter whether you make the decision or not? If I was going to fight somewhere, I'd make **** sure I believed in whatever I was fighting for.

Is Iraq worth your blood? If you sign up for the military to protect your country, is Iraq the place you're going to be?

The way I see it, the american presence is waving a red flag at all the nut-cases down there giving them a target. Is there a defined exit plan that needs to be accomplished? If so, it is long overdue compared to whatever was set out earlier. It seems to me that the motivation these days is plain stubborness trying to prove that the invasion was not wrong.

And wtf has happened to these forums? It seems anyone interested in a discussion on anything has been banned and we're left with lame race to 500 threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    dude you in the marines so thats only 7 months....

better than being in the army going for 12-15 months

gl man

Well thats cause all the Marines do the fighting while the army brings
    them water.

jk

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

pcgluva Guest

prez stirs the pot once again

Quote Originally Posted by Mwahahahaha View Post
    Does it matter whether you make the decision or not? If I was going to fight somewhere, I'd make **** sure I believed in whatever I was fighting for.

Is Iraq worth your blood? If you sign up for the military to protect your country, is Iraq the place you're going to be?

The way I see it, the american presence is waving a red flag at all the nut-cases down there giving them a target. Is there a defined exit plan that needs to be accomplished? If so, it is long overdue compared to whatever was set out earlier. It seems to me that the motivation these days is plain stubborness trying to prove that the invasion was not wrong.

And wtf has happened to these forums? It seems anyone interested in a discussion on anything has been banned and we're left with lame race to 500 threads.

, they would have a different tone if they knew who you really were. Right now they think you are some punk *** who is giving them grief. Nobody gets banned for having discussions. Only person who has been banned in this forum was Spetz. And i'm sorry, but bashing my 11yr daughter is a bit over the line..

It's hard to say what the US is really doing in Iraq anymore. I don't think we are still there to prove a point, i think we are still there to save a country from the can of worms we opened.

Saddam is gone. NOBODY can say that is not a good thing. Iraq will be/is free and that is a good thing. Weapons of mass destruction, i think was a hoax to get the American people on board with the Govts plan to invade. Personally, Bin laden needed to be the # 1 target and i'm saddened that he has yet to be captured.

We have made a dent in the terrorist network. But what bothers me is when people say that what we are doing in Iraq is making them want to hit us more. That is about the biggest load of crap i have heard since hearing Elvis is still alive. Terrorists have been hitting us for years. They don't like us for many reasons. The war in Iraq just gives the Democrats an excuse to blame it all on.

As for our troops, they can only follow orders. They do no have the luxury of deciding when and who they will spill there blood for. They go into a war with nothing more than an order from there commander in chief. It's the American peoples job to elect the best commander in chief they possibly can. But these days people are to busy spending there money on fancy coats and cloths while dumb asses slide right into powerful positions...

If i hear one more candidate say, "what the American people want" ..... They have no clue what we want cause they don't listen to us. They *** kiss us to get elected, then once they are there they don't speak or listen to us till it's election time. And this won't change until the American people make it change. I hope and pray the younger generations make a
    change..

Mwahahahaha you know me... I'm always up for a good discussion

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

pcgluva Guest

Ok knowing a few vets of the iraq war i will post my views,

Sept 11th, was one of the worst days in america probally since pearl harbor, so we go to afganastan, but still no bin laden,

Hussian and the taliban would not stop helping Al Quida so we invaded, i do agree the WMD might have been a type of bandwagon idea, but what if it wasnt, we know the govnt keeps alot from us. maybe they did find something, but we invaded and set on a mission to rid iraq of hussain and the taliban, now that they are gone we have to finish what we started.

Pulling out which alot of politics want is not possible and would be stupid. a few thousand men and women have given thier lives for this cause and if we half *** the job then it would be for nothing.

Now to the people saying we are fighting a loosing battle. There have been 4136 coalition deaths to date if im correct. that is one of the least ammount of casualties for a war(or occupation if your a stickler) i have ever herd of. In americas past theres been more then that in one battle.

In all im against pulling out, i am for keeping an occupation force to keep an eye till iraq is self sufficient, but instead of pulling completly out bring home the guys who have been over there for a while and the ones who havnt to afganastan to find bin ladden

best of luck marine.

as for war on Iraq, thier is a magazine out, a Canadain called Maclains (sp) if u are interested in the war read it. all USA has done is what Hussain's been doing. so Iraq is Iraq when Hussains was around but alot worse. wanna know what i think leave Iraq and let Iran take over.

And sean prove to me that Hussain and Taliban worked together thier is still no prove to this date of thier allaince. Bin laden warred Iraq when they invaded Kuwait.

As a Muslim and througg many muslim views, all USA has done is they divided The sunnies and the shiaes against each other. the USA of course on the Sunnies side as they have more power thier.
    Last edited by Shabaz K; 10-27-2007 at 00:22.

Yea jigger is right i dont even think the Taliban was in Iraq... we just went in there for WMD which he def didnt have..... the war in Iraq is retarded all we did was unbalance the region and killed many innocent ppl... even tho i disagree why we are there i think puliln out would be another wrong decsion.... We shoudl stay there and do wat we can to set up a Democratic Gov... which woudl be able to stand on its own feet