Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Default World Cup

So this years World Cup starts in 5 hours. What are you guys doing for it? Any traditions where you live? Its in the morning over here (early game is 7am) so its going to be crawl out of bed every morning and try not to fall asleep for me My class ends next week so I'll be able to enjoy them a bit more when summer holidays start. Last world cup I watched in China had games start at 1am and 3am tho, so this should be slightly better.

For those at work or whatever, BBC streams the games online.

Early game tomorrow is South Africa v. Mexico
    Late game is Uraguay v. France

This is probably the most competitive group, so should make for some good games

(I pick RSA and France to win tmr btw).

I'll put up some games in vBookie when the elimination rounds start.
    Last edited by Xavior; 06-11-2010 at 05:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Crimson Shadow Guest

They are also streamed on ESPN3.
    The early game starts at 10:00 for me, so its still too early to do anything, but at least its not 7:00
    Last edited by Crimson Shadow; 06-11-2010 at 09:23.

World Cup traditions? Hmm, I say fill it with beer

For the USA vs England game I'm going to the bar with a bunch of buddies to watch it tomorrow. As for the other countries they just get the tv turned on at the house.

Btw would be nice to see South Africa beat our rival Mexico, but my guess (which doesn't mean much, ) is that Mexico beats them by a couple of goals.

Not a bad start to the World Cup, bit of nerves in the South African team to begin with which is expected. A couple of goals to be getting on with and didn't see the new ball do anything unexpected...

totte Guest

sucks the france didnt lose but oh well the US will hopefully beat the poms tommorow

Quote Originally Posted by totte View Post
    sucks the france didnt lose but oh well the US will hopefully beat the poms tommorow
    I don't know what they're saying in England, but this USA vs England match is getting more and more heated as it arrives. I guess with the whole BP crisis here and them being a British company, and then UK is blaming Obama Administration that they aren't doing enough is creating for a bigger match than anticipated.

The sports writers here think it's great though. They say we have nothing to lose because soccer isn't even close to our #1 sport, where in England it means almost everything to them. So we have the underdog role and the nothing-to-lose role. Honestly I don't think our team is that bad. We did well in the CONCACAF Cup last year (although that's not saying much, the only decent teams in there are Mexico, Canada, and Brazil besides the U.S.) We'll see, should be interesting tomorrow.

Crimson Shadow Guest

We did well last year, but recently the USA team hasn't been there, especially defensively.
    We lost to Czech 2-4 and barely managed a win against Turkey.

It should be a really good game, but I think it will end up 2-1 England.

Spain all the way!Who cares about the rest
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

totte Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    Spain all the way!Who cares about the rest
    England won against japan i think it was recently but only after the japs helped them by to goals into there own net

spain will not hold all the way max