Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

So apparently the 7am game isn't even the early game today =/

4:30 am
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    So apparently the 7am game isn't even the early game today =/

4:30 am
    Yup, I found that out today too. My early game is at 7:30 instead of 10:30.
    Looks like I'll be getting up early for the next 2 weeks.

Many people wait for a Spain vs Brasil final

I support France, as usual
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Crimson Shadow Guest

Pretty sloppy play on both sides. Could have easily been 2-1 or 3-1 for both USA or England.
    I will happily take the 1-1 draw though.

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    I don't know what they're saying in England, but this USA vs England match is getting more and more heated as it arrives. I guess with the whole BP crisis here and them being a British company, and then UK is blaming Obama Administration that they aren't doing enough is creating for a bigger match than anticipated.

The sports writers here think it's great though. They say we have nothing to lose because soccer isn't even close to our #1 sport, where in England it means almost everything to them. So we have the underdog role and the nothing-to-lose role. Honestly I don't think our team is that bad. We did well in the CONCACAF Cup last year (although that's not saying much, the only decent teams in there are Mexico, Canada, and Brazil besides the U.S.) We'll see, should be interesting tomorrow.
    And Spain... pretty sure USA are the last team to beat Spain and it was in that competition.

I'm not sure the build up was the same here as over there, was more just about the fact it was our first game and we usually bottle it. Personally I wouldn't have been able to stand the gloating on here if you'd beaten us . Fair play to your fans, the only fans other than the English so far where I heard any sort of song/chant above those ****ing horns; pity it was "USA USA USA" as I want to join in with it.

totte Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nosejam View Post
    And Spain... pretty sure USA are the last team to beat Spain and it was in that competition.

I'm not sure the build up was the same here as over there, was more just about the fact it was our first game and we usually bottle it. Personally I wouldn't have been able to stand the gloating on here if you'd beaten us . Fair play to your fans, the only fans other than the English so far where I heard any sort of song/chant above those ****ing horns; pity it was "USA USA USA" as I want to join in with it.
    vuvuzelan sounds like bi swarm they are brilliant

Crimson Shadow Guest

They are brilliant, for about the first 10 minutes.
    I just hate that noone stops blowing them for the entire 90 minutes in every single match.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    They are brilliant, for about the first 10 minutes.
    I just hate that noone stops blowing them for the entire 90 minutes in every single match.
    it`s freaking perfect!!!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by nosejam View Post

Yeah I expected a bunch of Sam's Army supporters there singing their usual chants during our matches. I also agree the horns are annoying, . And I'm happy with a draw, I still believe England is a better team on paper so I'll take it. Also I thought the CONCACAF Cup was just North America and South American teams... maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Finally the World Cup has been kick started. Please will everyone ignore my post saying Germany may struggle to score goals...

I think that red card was a joke though and completely stopped the game as a contest.