Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Farmer will never be a vialble strat to compete for top spot

oh no, not a landfat stocker. what a terrible thing to be
    Northbabylon-Andy#6 (NS): I want you

no wonder he can't get chicks

Quote Originally Posted by nNiIcCkKoO View Post
    Yet again, you missed the point. Infact your so ****ed in the head that you missed the entire argument. Perhaps you will re-read posts in the future. Your 'common sense issue' fails to grab the point. It seems that you couldn't come up with a proper response, so instead you changed the subject. Well done!

I won't even bother to further fuel your incoherent ramblings.

It seems there are to many people on this forum whom think they are better than what they actually are, you being one of them.

I've had enough of this topic, talk amongst yourselves yet again.
    point it out instead of rattling about some misterious misunderstatement!
    i mean, as a smart man you are, you should understand the basic or argument
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by nNiIcCkKoO View Post
    ****, even you miss the point.

I've explained this to you so many times on MSN.

You need to sell smaller amounts at the start to use turns and upgrade. So why not sell those at $100 to make the largest profit possible? Then, by the time that has finished you put your big amounts up for sale. By then the taxes have dropped?

Therefore the undercutters do not help, as they force such people to sell smaller amounts at $70 to make a sale. If everybody did theirs at $100, then profits would be at maximum, and farmers would have a chance of finishing in the top5, instead of in **** positions, as has occured of late.

Why do you need to put all your food on there straight away. At the start all you need to do is sell what you need for upgrades and upkeep, simple.
    you fail to understand the basics of undercutting.

let`s assume everyone sells at 100 on beginning. How many people really need all that tons of food on the market that early? So the people have to wait for days and more until their food gets sold, if it gets at all.

So instead of waiting for ages, they sell cheaper. the next one sells even cheaper becouse he 'won`t let the bastard sell first'

It was never about profit, it`s about getting your food sold.

you can always place your food at 100 and wait like a retard for it to sell and be fluffed at the end of set with your 100 when the rest sell lower.

unless you can force people to sell at the same price, they never will
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Max play nice he is an excellent economist and knows what he is talking about when it comes to markets
    The Poet of your Slaughter
    _

I can see how both stocker farmer, and undercutting can drastically effect the NA.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    I can see how both stocker farmer, and undercutting can drastically effect the NA.
    like stockers give about no NA? except when their stuff actually sells. once in a while.
    CW, TWC/PX, E

farmer stocker = keep your food on PM all set. towards end of set it begins selling. you put it in your bank. then when your bank is full you start buying your ships. all the food you sell you buy ships with. then you use your bank to buy more ships. simple. ask Dboz about it, thats how he got:

10 DBozMen(#58) [WLF] 11.087 $109.842.929

on purely expand and build all set long. and i remember him complaining that food prices rose too fast meaning that he had to jump too early and wasnt able to use his turns after that anymore.

someone who played more actively:

5 SOS Brigade(#201) [TNR] 17.841 $142.865.845

and thats just from the ones i remember. it depends a lot on the set type. for example these 2 finishes were in a set where there was no war and 2 huge netting nations (LoR & WAL).
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 01-10-2009 at 02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me