Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I spit in your face

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin44 View Post
    I think we have some serious problems in this game.

I know it may sound a bit hypocrtical but this is what i got from the noobs that joined me and quit this game.

They dislike how from the start their are restrictions to attacks and so forth. They feel that being attacked is being attacked and to fight back is the right action. I had to tell them it was part of game and that they can do certain attacks in and out of war.

The reason I brought this up in this thread is cause Lord Burch plays his way whatever he does, so long as he has fun with it he should be able to do it.

Sure we have the same right to kill him if we think his fun is harming us directly or so forth but its all part of the game.

I think if we want more new players in this game then we gotta stop being anal on unwritten rules and change them.

Let Tripple taps and so forth resume let AA/SAs happen let this game be free.

I know we had a huge discussion against suiciders in past but you know I think that opening up regulations and making this game feel like truly anyone can reach the top and anyone can be brought down is what we need.

Nations are weak now in this game few select nations remain and if a top spot is reached its secured unless a major war happens or a suicide, in which suiciding is banned.

Lets open up regulation, and see if it brings players into this game.

The way i see it is if im a noob and i can bring someone who is top down and attack him i feel like i've accomplished something.

If nothing else let the N players be free into doing what they want, they can pay for their actions but let them play the game to its fullest

i would say when wow was growing the most there were even more "restrictions" and from the 2nd set on there have been the grab rules informally in place. believe it or not they help the new people more than anyone else....

I know it may sound a bit hypocrtical but this is what i got from the noobs that joined me and quit this game.

They dislike how from the start their are restrictions to attacks and so forth. They feel that being attacked is being attacked and to fight back is the right action. I had to tell them it was part of game and that they can do certain attacks in and out of war.

The reason I brought this up in this thread is cause Lord Burch plays his way whatever he does, so long as he has fun with it he should be able to do it.

Sure we have the same right to kill him if we think his fun is harming us directly or so forth but its all part of the game.

I think if we want more new players in this game then we gotta stop being anal on unwritten rules and change them.

I know we had a huge discussion against suiciders in past but you know I think that opening up regulations and making this game feel like truly anyone can reach the top and anyone can be brought down is what we need.

Nations are weak now in this game few select nations remain and if a top spot is reached its secured unless a major war happens or a suicide, in which suiciding is banned.

The way i see it is if im a noob and i can bring someone who is top down and attack him i feel like i've accomplished something.

If nothing else let the N players be free into doing what they want, they can pay for their actions but let them play the game to its fullest
    Reaching the top is pretty pointless if any stocker can screw up your state.

For the most part N players are free and do get passes. They usually don't go after top states because they aren't good enough. The only people that go after top states are guys like Z and Cem who can't keep it in the pants and man up. That is completely different than some noobs who do a couple of GA's or something who doesn't know what he's doing. For the most part everyone has been letting that go. I did last set. It's not the new players that the new rules are trying to restrict, it's the guys that can't take a loss in a war.

As for Lame Burch, it's a democracy. You don't need an unanimous decision to have a change, you need a majority. So if the majority of people don't like suiciding and want something to change for the good of the game than Mr P will take a look into it and take action, which he is doing.

IDk i asked my newbies and they said it was pretty lame that they have to follow certain SA rules, and that when they are attacked in SA its okay as it is permitted, and that they are not allowed to do any damage back to the states.

I feel if their was more free room atleast for newbies we'd be fine.

By this i mean if a newbie wants to suicide and do stuff let them ofcourse they pay with death if their actions are such.

The problem atm is as leaders of nations we don't want our newbie to do anything crazy as it reflects upon us and then we maybe in a war cause of some suicide action, in which case we may turn against our own player/newbie and kill them for their action.

A player who is abadonned by his own nation and has a death looming over him by another has no real reason to play as its a lose lose situation.

I know it may sound like im advocating suiciding, but im just saying these comments as I lost two newbie players as they felt the gameplay with unwritten rules is too gay. Thought id voice their opinion and see what the society thinks of it.
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

i know what your saying ali, i've had the same issues when new guys i bring to the game or recruit. i'm just not sure what the solution is.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Calvin74 Guest

IDk i asked my newbies and they said it was pretty lame that they have to follow certain SA rules, and that when they are attacked in SA its okay as it is permitted, and that they are not allowed to do any damage back to the states.

By this i mean if a newbie wants to suicide and do stuff let them ofcourse they pay with death if their actions are such.

The problem atm is as leaders of nations we don't want our newbie to do anything crazy as it reflects upon us and then we maybe in a war cause of some suicide action, in which case we may turn against our own player/newbie and kill them for their action.

A player who is abadonned by his own nation and has a death looming over him by another has no real reason to play as its a lose lose situation.

I know it may sound like im advocating suiciding, but im just saying these comments as I lost two newbie players as they felt the gameplay with unwritten rules is too gay. Thought id voice their opinion and see what the society thinks of it.

i have never ever turned on a new guy in my nation. i will explain the rules to him and i actually have never had anyone of them complain about how we do things. most the time i also explain how it keeps them from being landfarms and getting killed right off the bat.
    if they do war attacks i once again explain it to them and then i go to the nation they did the attacks on and work things out with that nation. usually if the nation demands something (which is rare since most new guys can't do that much damage) then i pay for it from my own state.

that is just the way i lead my nation. my state is always the 1st to go and no one gets left out in the cold.

ie this set when marine made his grab on sky. it was a dumb grab and i wish he understood why but i talked to the sky players and got everything straightened out and actually got on very good terms with them. everything can be used to smooth things over you just have to be willing to talk it out and back your members up.

well, calvin do you still get guys who want to retaliate for every SA against them? i mean that's what i get alot of.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    well, calvin do you still get guys who want to retaliate for every SA against them? i mean that's what i get alot of.
    honestly i haven't taught a lot of people in a long time. i don't have much time really anymore and my turn by turn knowledge is a bit outdated. i just play in 150 turn increments and somehow do ok

i would love to train someone but i think most of what i can do is train people how to lead nations but there aren't that many of those anymore

as far as the retaling all SAs you just have to let them try it a few times to see that it isn't logical to try it.

All the people complaining about unwritten rules, should understand the logic behind them! Yhey are not made to protect top states from people who want to go left a right and just AA the hell out of it. The rules were made to keep order and balance. What would the game be if anyone was allowed every action they prefer? I don`t think many players would be left in the game.

Most, I mean ~90% of all the people, want these unwritten rules as a safeguard! It keep you being trampled by either the top states willing to keep you away, or stockers willing to have fun at your expense
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

I know what you are saying and I understand cause I have had a few new members feel the same way. But once I explained everything they were fine with it. When new people join they don't understand that SA is a legal attack and part of the game, so when it happens they feel threatened.

There is a huge difference when a new person drops a few AA's complared to a suicider doing them. Nobody in this game is going to kill a new member for doing a few AA's when they didn't know any better.

Every game has rules. Every game has set limits on what you can and can't do.

This is what I'm talking about when I say a handfull of people ruin it for everyone else.. But yet some of you seem to defend them? I am all for fairl play and being free to do what you want, but at the same time this game loses more members cause they have been suicided so many time then we do cause there are rules of play.

I hate the fact that I have to spend so much time on this stupid issue cause a few people don't care about anything but themselves.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"