Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I spit in your face

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    now what if you could grab him after say you aa 2-3 times? is that a suicide? i dont think so. I'd do it for a very nice grab if i could break. And if they wanted a retal i'd let him aa me as many times as i did and grab back... i would bet it would benefit me a lot more than him
    If you AA'd and grabbed him he'd probably want you dead, not just a the same retal. I know I would at least, . You would probably want him dead if you were up top like you normally are and somebody AA'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by jkl9926 View Post
    well all i want to add is that there is one state in particular who has been inf hoarding for the entire set and due to the way things now are in this game i havent been able to fix it for him.
    The problem isn't a few AA's to teach someone to get some more defense. The problem is some people are saving for weeks and building up one specific unit to simply hit certain states to ruin there chance of winning.

There are several fine lines in this whole issue. That is what makes it so hard. I'm a firm believer that nobody has the right to tell someone else how to play the game. I also believe that someone doesn't have the right to just ruin someone else's set just for fun. But I also believe that if you war someone and they lose the set then that is ok.

It's all around a very hard situation to fix or control. I do truley believe that discussing all of this in the open helps a lot. It gets people thinking and therfore thinking more about it before they do it. Suiciding is far from out of control. In fact it's still really really low. There are only a few people who do it. Back in WoW or early NW, there were several. So we are making steps forward.

People just need to put the game first and their revenge or greed second.

One other possible solution for the inf hording would be raise the food consumption and upkeep making it more costly to have so many. Or perhaps make it in stages like if the state has greater than 100M inf then the upkeep raises more and then 150M is raises even more ect ect.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    One other possible solution for the inf hording would be raise the food consumption and upkeep making it more costly to have so many. Or perhaps make it in stages like if the state has greater than 100M inf then the upkeep raises more and then 150M is raises even more ect ect.
    I actually like this. Not only would it *hopefully* curb the ridiculous inf hoarding that has been going on this set, but it also might lead people to start using tanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    I actually like this. Not only would it *hopefully* curb the ridiculous inf hoarding that has been going on this set, but it also might lead people to start using tanks again.
    it would just shift from inf to tank hording then. The fact is its not effective to horde jets, or agms. And its not cost effective to horde ships because the upkeep will eat you alive. So best for Military strength and upkeep is inf, why that is why you horde inf because you don't need the nw the first 25 days of the set.

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    If you AA'd and grabbed him he'd probably want you dead, not just a the same retal. I know I would at least, . You would probably want him dead if you were up top like you normally are and somebody AA'd you.
    most likely but i don't inf horde, ive made too many enemies to have that luxury .

But when i have a 25+ man nation behind me i can be very influential with retals and not allowing them

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRecon View Post
    one way i can think of bein able to control infantry hording is if its possible of finding a way that doesnt let u buy or build anymore of a certain unit till the other units are within a percentage of balance...itll be hard deciding wut percentages of sumthing make a state balanced but thats all i can think of
    thats a good one, and it could be based on mil strength not #units.

"we are sorry, you do not even have enough inf to drive those ships. Fool!"

"your troops are tired of all this walking. Buy some jets, and ships. Fool!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    thats a good one, and it could be based on mil strength not #units.

"we are sorry, you do not even have enough inf to drive those ships. Fool!"

"your troops are tired of all this walking. Buy some jets, and ships. Fool!"
    "you can't carry that many Infantry on those few ships, fool"

Maybe put in airlift transports as a separate unit that must be in balance with your INF

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    it would just shift from inf to tank hording then. The fact is its not effective to horde jets, or agms.
    True, but there is nothing to do to stop hording. Staggering it so that after 100m upkeep increases, would hopefully slow it a little but it isn't going to stop it outright. The only way to stop it would be to war the people who do inf horde. But if you even attempt it, you will be instantly crucified on the forums. Whether they be calling it a suicide or an unjustified war.

As to setting a limit to how many infantry you can have per ship/jet is just forcing players to play a certain way. I am all for limiting the inf hording, but this is not the way to do it.

Uh oh I think I may have caught something there I could get behind

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    True, but there is nothing to do to stop hording. Staggering it so that after 100m upkeep increases, would hopefully slow it a little but it isn't going to stop it outright. The only way to stop it would be to war the people who do inf horde. But if you even attempt it, you will be instantly crucified on the forums. Whether they be calling it a suicide or an unjustified war.

As to setting a limit to how many infantry you can have per ship/jet is just forcing players to play a certain way. I am all for limiting the inf hording, but this is not the way to do it.

why are you for stopping inf hoarding? you are forcing players to play a certain way based on your point of view are you not?