Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nation-Wars Resurrection V1.05

awsome, I love it!
    VaLoR-RoMe[vT][SLOB]

Say Nation A declares preparations on Nation B. The time frame wears off, but Nation A waits and doesn't declare "war" right away on Nation B. Can Nation B declare war on A, without having to go through the time frame already since B prepped for war against A?

Now try and interpret that one. But seriously I would like to know.

Yeah I was thinking that too Ooga, It looks like Nation B would have to make preparations as well. But would like official confirmation on this.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Is it technically possible to be "prepared" for war with every nation but never declare?
    Yes it is possible but i'm sure there would be some diplomatic fallout from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    Say Nation A declares preparations on Nation B. The time frame wears off, but Nation A waits and doesn't declare "war" right away on Nation B. Can Nation B declare war on A, without having to go through the time frame already since B prepped for war against A?

Now try and interpret that one. But seriously I would like to know.

If nation A prepares to war nation B but then does NOT actually declare war against them, then yes nation B would have to prepare for war.

If nation A does declare war, then Nation B will automatically have the 2 turn rule as well.. Atleast until nation A declares peace and then they would have to prepare as well. (if they chose to continue the battle)

If nation C wants in on the war, they too must prepare for war before actually being able to declare war..

NOTE: Going to war is now a 2 step process. FIRST, you must "Prepare" for war. This sets a time frame (depending on defending nations size). Once the time frame has passed, you then must actually declare war in order to gain the 2 turns per attack feature.

Simply preparing for war does nothing for turns.. It can be used diplomatically as a way to prove to a nation your serious when tempers flare. And it can be used for other things too.. But mainly all it is for is a fancier way of the previous time limit WoW use to have.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Yes it is possible but i'm sure there would be some diplomatic fallout from doing so.

If nation A prepares to war nation B but then does NOT actually declare war against them, then yes nation B would have to prepare for war.

If nation A does declare war, then Nation B will automatically have the 2 turn rule as well.. Atleast until nation A declares peace and then they would have to prepare as well. (if they chose to continue the battle)

If nation C wants in on the war, they too must prepare for war before actually being able to declare war..

NOTE: Going to war is now a 2 step process. FIRST, you must "Prepare" for war. This sets a time frame (depending on defending nations size). Once the time frame has passed, you then must actually declare war in order to gain the 2 turns per attack feature.

Simply preparing for war does nothing for turns.. It can be used diplomatically as a way to prove to a nation your serious when tempers flare. And it can be used for other things too.. But mainly all it is for is a fancier way of the previous time limit WoW use to have.
    O.K., thank you for this clarification. So if a nation uses a preparation on my nation as a smokescreen, I would actually have to declare preparations back on them in order to declare war if they didn't declare war on me.

Although... I would prefer it where I could declare war on them. Since they had the nerve to prepare against me why do I have to do the same against them? But I guess that makes sense.

Crimson Shadow Guest

I have a suggestion to remedy the declare preparation on all nations. Make it so if war isn't declared after x hours then the preparation is automatically dropped.

EDIT: I see pres already mentioned this in another thread :S

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    Obviously, some discussion has come up in this game about the retaliation function. I'd like some discussion on how it might work in this game.

The intended function is that people will use it instead of declaring war to do a retaliation.

Some additional functions:

1. It could be used to circumvent wait time on war.

If Nation A wants to FS Nation B, they could use "retaliation" and strike without waiting. Or, as we've seen, Nation A can declare on Nation B using normal war, and Nation B can respond with "retaliation".

Now, we both know that a FS often decides a war. If it's even numbers, the nation that FS's will win the war. I don't think I've seen otherwise.

I think we should add a function similar to how the retaliation function was used this set.

This function would look like "If Nation A declares on Nation B, Nation B can strike in the time it takes for war declaration to go through".

I think it makes sense in balancing out the FS--as Nation B probably won't be able to muster much in 2 hours, but might be able to take out one state.

It doesn't make much sense in the fact that Nation A is prepped for war but gets hit before it actually goes to war.

However, I think it might balance out the FS of the game a little bit.

Also, call it a different name, so we don't get confused with "retaliation" . And this isn't about the current war, but a function of the game, so if Mods can keep an eye on that...
    moved from another thread