Thread: VBookie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default VBookie

I know i said we couldn't use this due to the problem that our version of VB 3.6.8 didn't have the proper hook needed to allow us to bet as well as use our cash system. That has been fixed.

Vbookie is now up and running for testing only! I want to mess around with this the first few days before we start putting any credits on sports games. This hack allows us to bet on anything we want. from whoever wins the game to who will make the first TD or who cries first in a chick flick.

Odds are totally set up by whoever will become a bookie for the system.

This is what we will need:

We need a couple people who knows sports and how to manage odds. This person will select and create certain bets that he/she will post and allow others to place there bets on. They set the time that bets can be made to and when the payouts happen for the winners. These people need to be honest people.

I think to start out with we will accept 2 people for this position. I will set up a special section in the forums where these bets can be posted. The bookies will be the mods of this section and will control all aspects to the game. This is why we need serious people, cause we can't have people placing bets and a bookie who screws off. I'm sure there will be some serious credits involved in this.

Whoever gets the jobs will be given the % class needed to make the odds and all the other info needed to work the vbookie game.

This is another really cool hack. And if used properly it will bring a lot of fun for us. But i can't stress how important it will be to being honest and serious about the bookie position.

Anyone who wishes to apply for this position please send me a PM and explain why you would be good for the job. We need active people, so if you don't log on daily then don't bother applying.

I don't have the time to be a bookie, nor do i have a clue on how to make good bets with good odds. It's a pretty easy system to work from what i can tell now.

I made a test post in the general section with a bogus bet just to see how things work..

I'll try and get the bookie section up and going soon.
    Last edited by Mr President; 11-02-2007 at 20:24.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"