Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WW3or4

Russians are evil

@ Kris - i fail to see how we have gone from discussing Georgia to Russian-Estonian relations and how any of that has any relation to the matter at hand i.e. Russians involvement in the South Ossetia conflict. maybe because i replied to your offtopic response regarding Nazi taboo etc.

regarding the battle of tannenberg...eh? that was during WW1 unless you confused something?

@ Statue - no it doesn't imply that it was blown up but thats not the point. You don't just go round digging up, dismantling and relocating to some backwater cemetary statues which commemorate the deaths of hundreds of thousands who lost their lives liberating Estonia. Contrary to w/e propoganda people may have been brainwashed i highly doubt that the average Red army soldier went into battle with the thought of "omg, im so happy that me fighting here could help USSR add a bit more land to its empire..**** i love Stalin"...but rather more along the lines of "im helping rid this land of Nazi scum responsible for the deaths of millions". Its not as if the statue was built honouring Stalin and the KGB or something The average soldier was not fighting for the love of Communism....which im not a fan of...destroyed Russia as a country and was responsible for a genocide much much greater than the Holocaust.

anyway, this is all off topic regarding the initial Georgia issue which i came here to post about, so if anyone has any points regarding that id be happy to answer them

@ Bram - im sorry, you must be confused, thinking that Belgium politics and their plans for Palestine interest me

@ Hoebawt - get lost or else ill report you to Immegration Services regarding youre expired Green Card and youll be sent to w/e backwater peso yielding Central-south American country you crawled out of.

jks, you buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

USSR was fing evil.... Stalin was a pansy

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    @ Kris - i fail to see how we have gone from discussing Georgia to Russian-Estonian relations and how any of that has any relation to the matter at hand i.e. Russians involvement in the South Ossetia conflict. maybe because i replied to your offtopic response regarding Nazi taboo etc.
    All I'm saying is that I don't believe Russia would just help Aphasia and South-Ossetia unless they have smt in it for themselves.

regarding the battle of tannenberg...eh? that was during WW1 unless you confused something?
    No mistake, I said "battle of Tannenberg Line".

@ Statue - no it doesn't imply that it was blown up but thats not the point. You don't just go round digging up, dismantling and relocating to some backwater cemetary statues which commemorate the deaths of hundreds of thousands who lost their lives liberating Estonia. Contrary to w/e propoganda people may have been brainwashed i highly doubt that the average Red army soldier went into battle with the thought of "omg, im so happy that me fighting here could help USSR add a bit more land to its empire..**** i love Stalin"...but rather more along the lines of "im helping rid this land of Nazi scum responsible for the deaths of millions". Its not as if the statue was built honouring Stalin and the KGB or something The average soldier was not fighting for the love of Communism....which im not a fan of...destroyed Russia as a country and was responsible for a genocide much much greater than the Holocaust.
    Exactly, "liberating" Estonia and on the same time occupying it. So the conflict here is obvious and our government made the right decision relocating the statue. Now the things have calmed down and young Russian activist don't have such a good place to meet anymore.
    About average Red army soldier - I think that when Germany was on the doorstep of Moscow the average soldier just wanted to save his motherland. Maybe afterwards it was more like revenge.

I think the average Red army soldier went into battle thinking "I'd better do as I'm told or me and all my family will be sent to Siberia"

yea your def right will

@ Kris - well of course they have something in it for themselves. theyre protecting Russian civilians/citizens/peacekeepers who are residing there. Im sure that if Canada began butchering American citizens then USA would also intervene and it wouldn't be a mild "please stop, ok? pleaaaaaaase" type of plea...regarding the statue...so the reason to remove it was because it was a meeting place for violent activists (i guess the yearly 90 year old war veteran meetings can get too much for the local police when the vodka kicks in ?) not just a move to spite the memories of brave soldiers against whom you have no right to hold some kind of grudge against because at the end of the day, whether they were fighting out of fear or out of revenge, i wouldn't be suprised if the "occupation" was the last thing on their minds...

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

"violent activists" likely refers to neo-nazi groups/skinheads, or possibly extreme left wing groups but the former is more likely.

Considering the general behaviour of Russian soldiers in the countries they occupied (and not just germany) then the locals have every right to dislike them. The red army was easily the worst behaved of any of the victorious powers after WW2, looting, rape, murder were rampant. This is undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    "violent activists" likely refers to neo-nazi groups/skinheads, or possibly extreme left wing groups but the former is more likely.

Considering the general behaviour of Russian soldiers in the countries they occupied (and not just germany) then the locals have every right to dislike them. The red army was easily the worst behaved of any of the victorious powers after WW2, looting, rape, murder were rampant. This is undeniable.
    regarding your first point its so wrong that it makes me laugh. regarding your second point (which also makes me laugh): yeah, sure the Germans didn't go round with the purpose of exterminating all slavs and Jews. good one Will. of and you make it sound as if there was a choice of armies to compare. The Brits + Americans didn't have anything to "rape, murder and loot" because they mostly fought in africa and we all know, no one wants to rape or loot (well, nothing to loot) anything there. also, any reason why you specify the Russians? do you have any source which proves that they were disproportionately more aggressive than any other nationality involved in WW2? plox sharez.
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 02-10-2009 at 18:58.

@ Anton: just to make sure you know I'm not kidding about Israel: Article in The Sun
    Dutch vid (Het Journaal op Eén) (was better on tv, youtube idiot did some editing, but the msg is still clear... )
    Turns out real life ends when you hit the log in button.