Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Next Set Changes..

Default Next Set Changes..

All of this will be in the official announcement when the round ends but I figured I would give you all an idea of the changes next set.

Retaliation feature will be gone. All nations must now go back to actually declaring war to retaliate.

The surrender feature will be removed. It will come back but I would like to tweak it a little more. I do like that feature though.

War Prep will be removed. All time frames on war is 2 hrs. It will no longer go by the size of the enemy nation. So no matter how big or small you are, you have to wait 2 hrs before war takes place.

War attacks can only be made when War has been declared. This does not include aggressive spy ops. States need to protect themselves in that area. ( but there is a new op being added that will be nice.. See below)

The foreign relations page has been reworked. It's a little easier on the eyes now.

Three new spy ops will be added.

Sabotage Naval Bases- Spies can now sneak in and blow up ships just as they do jets and bombers.

EMP Attack- if successful you will make it so your enemy cannot view the Global Events page for 10min. Attacks do not add up meaning if you do 3 attack it will not make make it 30 min to view an attack. Each time one is done it sets for 10 min after the attack. When the target is trying to view the Global Events he will see a message saying Communication Error and when his/her systems will work again.

Obtain Spy Info- If successful you can view all the spy ops the enemy has made all set. Very handy in seeing who has been naughty or nice

Suiciding will be against the rules. If your caught suiciding your states will be highlighted in pink on the scores pages for the remainder of your career in Nation-Wars. You will lose any chance at ever being placed into the Hall of Fame and any medal you have or gain will be removed. If you are a member of the Hall of Fame then you will be removed from that as well.

I could go on a long drawn out speech of what suiciding is and how we will decide if it is or not but frankly you all know what it is. I'm tired of those who tend to do it trying to find loopholes and different ways to define it. You know what it is so don't do it. PERIOD!

With war attacks only being made when war is declared that will help with the new people not being able to make the mistake. If your a 2 man nation and known to suicide and you declare war and drop 10 AA's on the top state that is clearly a suicide.

Warring is a part of this game but war is used to advance your nation to a higher rank or to help out and ally. Having a small 1-3 man nation and warring someone cause they messed up your plans 500 sets ago is suiciding. Anyway we all know what it is and i'm not going to waste any more time on it. It's very simple, follow the rules and you'll never have a problem. Oh I would like to add one thing though, I clearly understand that things carry over to the next set. Revenge is a bitter sweet thing and I have no problem with that. Carrying if beyond that is where I have issues with it.

A lot of these changes will hopefully someday go back to normal. I'm not fond of the war attacks only being made when war is declared and i'm not fond of marking states in pink and stripping them of rewards, but as long as we have members that have no respect for the game or anyone else, then we have to enforce things like this.

Profiles - Users can now hide the Misc Information shown on the users profile page. To remove it simple go preferences and then the profile tab and uncheck the box and click update profile. To show the Misc information, simply keep the box check and update. by default the Misc information will appear.
    Last edited by Mr President; 06-29-2010 at 21:45.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    This does not include aggressive spy ops. States need to protect themselves in that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Suiciding will be against the rules. If your caught suiciding your states will be highlighted in pink on the scores pages for the remainder of your career in Nation-Wars. You will lose any chance at ever being placed into the Hall of Fame and any medal you have or gain will be removed. If you are a member of the Hall of Fame then you will be removed from that as well.

so.. suiciding is against the rules, but you can still do aggressive spy ops outside of war...

please explain
    Dak at heart

pretty much if their dumb enough not to have spies on them and get messed up thats on them...but if they have spies and u fail theyll know who u r and theyll kill ure state thats wut i take it as

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRecon View Post
    pretty much if their dumb enough not to have spies on them and get messed up thats on them...but if they have spies and u fail theyll know who u r and theyll kill ure state thats wut i take it as
    so if u fail on them and they kill you, that isnt suiciding?
    Dak at heart

nope...kinda wierd but thats wut i read in another thread i believe

ok then.. makes complete sense

and now i cant wait for next set, im going 5% spies and 95% infantry, since if anyone does an aa on me it would be considered suiciding
    Dak at heart

haha they cant even do an AA on u because they have to be in a nation and declare war

Seems fair to me.

I suppose if u are trying to make the game more realistic and not as fun to play for new players, the rules against single states attacking make sense.

Old vets ate the core of this game and always will be, it makes sense to act upon their wishes.

The new Naval base destructive op has some good potential.

Seems like some good changes overall.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRecon View Post
    haha they cant even do an AA on u because they have to be in a nation and declare war
    ok, i can accept that

now, one last question...

What repercussions are there if a 10+ man nation declares on a 1 or 2 man nation just bc they are high net states?
    Dak at heart

very good question cem...seems to be unfair if a big nation can destroy a little nation if they did nothing wrong