Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Next Set Changes..

agree wit u on that -Z-...the changes are good for the most part, def wierd wit the destructive spy ops but time will tell wit these changes as usual

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    I am not whining. (You will see this if u read my posts... did u read them?)

I agree with the changes for the most part, I am confused about adding a new aggressive spy opp, while disallowing single man attacks.

It seems to be taking steps in two different directions.

It will be interesting anyway.

I do not think it is wise to change the entire scheme of the game due to the actions of a few people.

But it is good to make small changes.

single man attacking has been a part of this games ever since I started playing almost a decade ago, some people call them suicide attacks.

they are part of the game, always have been, and if they were not part of the game, this game would not be the game it is today (which I still think is a fine game)

Everyone is hung up on these "Suicide attacks" and the term, or idea of it.

I fought with a nation for dozens of sets, I was in different nations, I might one day again go back to leading, or just playing in a nation.

But as I have said many times now. I feel that if a man wants to fight alone for a time, there is nothing wrong with that.

Z

I think Mr P always trys to balance but at the end of the day he has to do what he thinks is right for the game.

as one of the 5 people that came up with this way of attacking i can also tell you it has become perverted. it was designed so that small nations could fight back but if they had a reason. it is and always has been massively overpowered and there is no way to fight against it. we just never thought it would be used for petty means. i guess we were idealists

So I take it that you are allowed to do aggressive spy ops outside of war only if you don't get caught. If you do get caught, you're branded as a suicider.

Which basically means, only do them during war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    So I take it that you are allowed to do aggressive spy ops outside of war only if you don't get caught. If you do get caught, you're branded as a suicider.

Which basically means, only do them during war.
    would be almost impossible to NOT find out who destructive opped you

just get a member to waste 100 turns intelling every active state
    Dak at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    You will lose any chance at ever being placed into the Hall of Fame and any medal you have or gain will be removed. If you are a member of the Hall of Fame then you will be removed from that as well.
    i liked this too btw, i wonder who this is geared towards...
    Dak at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    i liked this too btw, i wonder who this is geared towards...
    you
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

well at least we all noe max is sumwut smart now good job on figuring that out pal haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    would be almost impossible to NOT find out who destructive opped you

just get a member to waste 100 turns intelling every active state
    I'm not sure I like this part actually. The whole point of spies is that they are secret and no one can find out anything about them unless you fail an op. Now anyone can potentially see what your spies have been up to. If this isn't geared towards sniffing out guys who have done aggressive ops then I don't know what is. You might as well only make aggressive ops available during war as well if thats the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRecon View Post
    well at least we all noe max is sumwut smart now good job on figuring that out pal haha
    ey, sumwat smart pal...eva hurd of sarcasm?
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I'm not sure I like this part actually. The whole point of spies is that they are secret and no one can find out anything about them unless you fail an op. Now anyone can potentially see what your spies have been up to. If this isn't geared towards sniffing out guys who have done aggressive ops then I don't know what is. You might as well only make aggressive ops available during war as well if thats the case.
    yea, with implementing destructive spy ops out of war, pres is saying "keep up your defenses here", but what doesnt make sense is WHY you are allowed to do those to hurt a state, but someone can run with 0 jets and 0 ships half the set and not have defenses, but they are protected by pres

that's why i said I guess every state will go 5% spies 95% infantry now for a few weeks of set.. you wont be suicided for not having jets/ships, so as long as you carry a few spies no1 can mess with u either
    Dak at heart