Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Next Set Changes..

all of you suiciders can form a nation (Mr, Cem, Z, nhn and friend, ali) and war them
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    I think Mr P always trys to balance but at the end of the day he has to do what he thinks is right for the game.

as one of the 5 people that came up with this way of attacking i can also tell you it has become perverted. it was designed so that small nations could fight back but if they had a reason. it is and always has been massively overpowered and there is no way to fight against it. we just never thought it would be used for petty means. i guess we were idealists
    Which "way of attacking" do u speak Calvin?

I feel that a single state should be allowed the same avenues of attack as a collection of states.

The collection of states has more power to begin with, because they are a group, usually larger than an individual state... (more turns, more NW, more land, etc.)

I agree with doing what is ring for the game.

The game is similar to the game I started playing so long ago. We have always had single states making attacking on other single states in or out of a large nation.

Just because one or two people are becoming effective at attacking as individuals does not (in my opinion) mean that we should change the game, essentially making the game into a different game, something other than what it is.

Nothing is broken, things are operating much as they were before, we simply have less players now.

Some of the Vets who seem to be calling the shots with Mr. P have been blaming "suiciders" for our loss of members.

Mr. P is not a foolish man, I have always respected him even when I often disagree with him, and I think he can see through these lies.

Its obvious that the game has lost members because of the change in global culture and technology.

How many people are still playing Pong these days?

Or Pac Man?

Even Quake2?

some yes. but back when I began PC gaming Quake 2 had 100+ times more players than it has on its servers today.

Its obvious why we have lost members, but some people try to pin it on other reasons SIMPLY TO ADVANCE THEIR OWN AGENDA.

Its human nature I suppose.

Z

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

If you get suicided set after set, you leave...
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    so.. suiciding is against the rules, but you can still do aggressive spy ops outside of war...
    please explain
    I am trying to start smaller and work our way up. Changing the attacks to war only bothered me a lot. So i'm leaving the spy ops open for now to see what happens. If needed then I'll have to close that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Suicide attacks have no definition at the present time, and there seems to be a deliberate attempt to keep the rules ambiguous.

We can assume these efforts at vaguery by the controlling members of this game are effectually in place to allow the admins (and or other members with influence) to impose their will without reason at any given point. Should something happen that they do not approve of, these new rules will allow them to take action without just cause.

Patriot Act #2 for NW/WoW.

I saw this coming after the original patriot act was essentially revoked. I knew they would not allow control to be out of their hands for too long.

I am interested as to what this will bring.

Z
    There is one person who calls the shots in this game and that is myself. I talk to a lot of people asking opinions and that helps me make the decision. Normally if the majority of people are complaining about something I tend to listen and work a solution. I'm sorry if the majority in this game are not suiciders and asking for things to stay the same.

But even if the majority is bugging me about something and I feel strongly against them, I would stand my ground for my own reasons.

indeed.

it only makes sense for the admins to follow the will of the old vets,

New players and individual states are not as important as the core group.

Z
    New players are not important? Are you kidding me? Invite friends page, Missions page, Updated manual, advertising campaigns, money out of my own pocket advertising, easier join nation page, better messaging system, constant welcome emails and posts in forums, working on idea's late at night trying to attract more members and not to mention ENDLESS amounts of posts talking to vets about how they work with new members and how we need them trained better.. If you sat back and said I neglected the vets then I would be more apt to agree with you.. I definetly pay more attention to the new members then the vets. You almost have too.. Even though I wish I could have more time for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    i liked this too btw, i wonder who this is geared towards...
    What is with the ego's with some people? No Cem this was not geared towards you. This was geared towards fairness. Why should someone be in the HOF when they hurt the game? This was already decided on BEFORE you made your attacks this set..

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    I'm not sure I like this part actually. The whole point of spies is that they are secret and no one can find out anything about them unless you fail an op. Now anyone can potentially see what your spies have been up to. If this isn't geared towards sniffing out guys who have done aggressive ops then I don't know what is. You might as well only make aggressive ops available during war as well if thats the case.
    The main point of this is to make it so suiciders can't hide all the time. But also you can see everything about a state so why not be able to see this part too? I actually like the new op.

Some of the Vets who seem to be calling the shots with Mr. P have been blaming "suiciders" for our loss of members.

Its obvious why we have lost members, but some people try to pin it on other reasons SIMPLY TO ADVANCE THEIR OWN AGENDA.

Its human nature I suppose.

Z

Z
    If you are implying that Calvin or anyone else has been pushing there own agenda on me your wrong. Calvin can tell you that I listen to his comments and idea's but don't always use them. And the same goes for everyone. If I listened to all of Calvins idea's then the game would be much different.. no offense cal ..

And suiciding is a huge problem and a huge contributer as to why we lose members. Look at the HOF and read what Svenne said in his comments. It's been a problem in this game and has always hurt the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    If you get suicided set after set, you leave...
    This is exactly it.

This past set we have had 3 suiciders. 1 of the 3 has been doing it for sets now on the SAME nation. Why would anyone stay when they keep getting hit like this? Most people can handle getting warred. They may not like it at first, but normally get past it fairly quickly. But getting suicided set after set just mkes people say why bother.. Then they say I'm not playing anymore till it's taken care of and they look at me... How many times should I say "hey it's always been part of the game" and look the other way? How many times should I ignore EVERYONE just so a couple of people should have the freedom to ruin others states?

It's normally pretty easy to pull out the suiciders.. Simply change up the rules and see who complains..

The changes being made right now are directly tied to the suicides that have been happening for the past few sets. Something had to be done. This is not my way of controlling.. Honestly seeing this is my game how much more control do I really have to absorb? So please let that go.. I am trying to make this as fair for everyone. Does this now help protect infantry horders? Yep I'm sure it does.. Did your suicides help curb that? Nope not at all. So instead of working on it and trying to come up with a mechanical change you just go off and do things yourself.. Which result in what we see now.

But the last 3 suiciders can't use the Inf hording excuse cause none of them did it for that reason.

The game is what it is.. If you can't care about it or respect it then don't play it. Don't ruin things for everyone else cause you have no cares for this game.

Once a solution has been made to help eliminate the suicides then all of this will be removed and go back to normal. I'm sorry it has to be this way cause it really bothers me.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    I am trying to start smaller and work our way up. Changing the attacks to war only bothered me a lot. So i'm leaving the spy ops open for now to see what happens. If needed then I'll have to close that as well.

There is one person who calls the shots in this game and that is myself. I talk to a lot of people asking opinions and that helps me make the decision. Normally if the majority of people are complaining about something I tend to listen and work a solution. I'm sorry if the majority in this game are not suiciders and asking for things to stay the same.

But even if the majority is bugging me about something and I feel strongly against them, I would stand my ground for my own reasons.

New players are not important? Are you kidding me? Invite friends page, Missions page, Updated manual, advertising campaigns, money out of my own pocket advertising, easier join nation page, better messaging system, constant welcome emails and posts in forums, working on idea's late at night trying to attract more members and not to mention ENDLESS amounts of posts talking to vets about how they work with new members and how we need them trained better.. If you sat back and said I neglected the vets then I would be more apt to agree with you.. I definetly pay more attention to the new members then the vets. You almost have too.. Even though I wish I could have more time for everyone.

What is with the ego's with some people? No Cem this was not geared towards you. This was geared towards fairness. Why should someone be in the HOF when they hurt the game? This was already decided on BEFORE you made your attacks this set..

The main point of this is to make it so suiciders can't hide all the time. But also you can see everything about a state so why not be able to see this part too? I actually like the new op.

If you are implying that Calvin or anyone else has been pushing there own agenda on me your wrong. Calvin can tell you that I listen to his comments and idea's but don't always use them. And the same goes for everyone. If I listened to all of Calvins idea's then the game would be much different.. no offense cal ..

And suiciding is a huge problem and a huge contributer as to why we lose members. Look at the HOF and read what Svenne said in his comments. It's been a problem in this game and has always hurt the game.

This is exactly it.

This past set we have had 3 suiciders. 1 of the 3 has been doing it for sets now on the SAME nation. Why would anyone stay when they keep getting hit like this? Most people can handle getting warred. They may not like it at first, but normally get past it fairly quickly. But getting suicided set after set just mkes people say why bother.. Then they say I'm not playing anymore till it's taken care of and they look at me... How many times should I say "hey it's always been part of the game" and look the other way? How many times should I ignore EVERYONE just so a couple of people should have the freedom to ruin others states?

It's normally pretty easy to pull out the suiciders.. Simply change up the rules and see who complains..

The changes being made right now are directly tied to the suicides that have been happening for the past few sets. Something had to be done. This is not my way of controlling.. Honestly seeing this is my game how much more control do I really have to absorb? So please let that go.. I am trying to make this as fair for everyone. Does this now help protect infantry horders? Yep I'm sure it does.. Did your suicides help curb that? Nope not at all. So instead of working on it and trying to come up with a mechanical change you just go off and do things yourself.. Which result in what we see now.

But the last 3 suiciders can't use the Inf hording excuse cause none of them did it for that reason.

The game is what it is.. If you can't care about it or respect it then don't play it. Don't ruin things for everyone else cause you have no cares for this game.

Once a solution has been made to help eliminate the suicides then all of this will be removed and go back to normal. I'm sorry it has to be this way cause it really bothers me.
    I do not think you have anything to be sorry for.

The changes that you are making seem fair enough.

one thing you mentioned to me seems odd...

You said that a nation can handle being at war for sets on end, but if it is only a single man attacking them, they can not handel that and are likely to quit.

Why is it easier to take an attack from a group of people than 1 person alone?

I resent being called a "suicider" first of because it is not an real word.

Secondly because my intention is not suicide.

I intend to attack an enemy for a reason.

It is unfortunate that I do not usually have enough turns to make a kill on my own, but I will not drag friends into a gang bang with me anymore.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

I do not think you have anything to be sorry for.

The changes that you are making seem fair enough.

You said that a nation can handle being at war for sets on end, but if it is only a single man attacking them, they can not handel that and are likely to quit.

I resent being called a "suicider" first of because it is not an real word.

Secondly because my intention is not suicide.

It is unfortunate that I do not usually have enough turns to make a kill on my own, but I will not drag friends into a gang bang with me anymore.

Z
    Then when next time you suicide/attack someone, expect to be killed over and over again for the rest of your NW career

suicider is not a word, it`s an WoW/NW term.

Urban Dictionary
    2. suicider 11 up, 12 down

(n) one that suicides, is currently in the process of suiciding, or has suicided in the past

you`re a suicider

you attack and enemy because you`re afraid to war him. you hide and suicide just to ruin his set. you have no more 'friends' to gangbang with. you lost 'the glory'. it`s over. LoR doesn`t need an angry pug-dog anymore, so the only thing you have left to do, to exact your immature revenge is to ruin the game for everyone suiciding.

I`m sorry, but Mr P has every right to protect the game he has put so much in to. If it doesn`t fit 3 players, whos actions are ruining the game...fine by me and by most NW
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Tnova Guest

Z
    If this is the case, would you mind telling me why last January(2009) and April you bombed my buildings? I've never initiated an attack on you or gang banged your nation. I've only been in wars where WLF warred my 5 man nation with your 14 man nation.

Please keep in mind that I don't realistically expect you to remember what you were thinking at the time. Only to point out that you aren't as squeaky clean as you are presenting yourself to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    Then when next time you suicide/attack someone, expect to be killed over and over again for the rest of your NW career

suicider is not a word, it`s an WoW/NW term.

Urban Dictionary
    2. suicider 11 up, 12 down

(n) one that suicides, is currently in the process of suiciding, or has suicided in the past

you`re a suicider

you attack and enemy because you`re afraid to war him. you hide and suicide just to ruin his set. you have no more 'friends' to gangbang with. you lost 'the glory'. it`s over. LoR doesn`t need an angry pug-dog anymore, so the only thing you have left to do, to exact your immature revenge is to ruin the game for everyone suiciding.

I`m sorry, but Mr P has every right to protect the game he has put so much in to. If it doesn`t fit 3 players, whos actions are ruining the game...fine by me and by most NW
    Your Personal attacks are childish and incoherent.

You will learn in your life soon enough that there is little to gain from personal attacks other than to feed a weak ego.

Until you do learn this, I advise you to avoid such public displays that make you appear nonplussed.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=suicider

1. Suicider 12 up, 3 down

buy suicider mugs, tshirts and magnets
    Very, very strong rough cider, sometimes as much as 10% alcohol by volume - 8% is not uncommon. Can range in taste from innocuously fruity and bland to eye-wateringly sharp.
    "What do you want ?"

"I'll have a pint of Bideford Brainblaster".

"Are you mad ? That stuff's suicider !"

Why are we quoting the Urban dictionary? This is a sad, sad day.

LOL

Z

Z
    That's not what I said. I said
    Most people can handle getting warred. They may not like it at first, but normally get past it fairly quickly. But getting suicided set after set just mkes people say why bother..
    Z look how upset you got just cause one nation entered a war you started and help an ally.. That was one set they did that to you.. Now that we are sets away from that and your still hitting them so how do you think they feel? How would you feel if every set I sought you out and killed you over and over and over.. Eventually you would just quit. You can say you wouldn't or it wouldn't bother you but again, look how mad you are at over one war.

All I am trying to get you to understand is that carrying that much revenge around set after set will not bring any good to anything.

We have all had our moments where we didn't think. We have made dumb choices and we all have warred people we shouldn't have. This community is the most forgiving community I have ever seen. It's very odd how people will let things go.. You yourself have made bad decisions but people still let it go and accept you. And that is always good for the game.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tnova View Post
    If this is the case, would you mind telling me why last January(2009) and April you bombed my buildings? I've never initiated an attack on you or gang banged your nation. I've only been in wars where WLF warred my 5 man nation with your 14 man nation.

Please keep in mind that I don't realistically expect you to remember what you were thinking at the time. Only to point out that you aren't as squeaky clean as you are presenting yourself to be here.
    You are correct that I do not recall these exact attacks...

However I am willing to concede the fact that I did do them, and yes you are correct, I am far from squeaky clean.

As to why I did them... I can also not remember exactly, but I imagine I was angry with your state for some reason or another, I can not remember you having done anything wrong to me ever Tnova, so perhaps I was simply jealous and reckless, perhaps It was my desire.

I ask then, for what reason destructive spy ops are in the game?

If u want a game without any drama (which NW/WOW never has been)

They take measures to stop dramatic actions.

(remove all destructive ops, Min 4 or 5 players in a nation to declare war, no war attacks outside war, delete the accounts immediately of any offenders, without warning)

I could compare this to the United States and Mexico Border / Illegal immigrants issue in Reality.

USA could easily build a massive fence with a dry moat, landmines and automated guns to seal the border. But due to the fact that the southern US economy is reliant upon illegal immigrant cheap labor to continue processes as normal, the Feds built a dinky little fence with breaks in it all over the place, mostly unguarded, so as to appear to be attempting to keep out the Illegals, while still providing enough leeway for the passage of the required amount.

Z