Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: China Boycott

BB Guest

Yes maggio it is...

China is too big to boycott. They're already the biggest holder of US treasury debt, and they're the ones flooding the markets with cheap goods making sure we can continue the party without raising interest rates to rediculous levels to keep inflation down.

Boycotting China would seriously **** the economy, and that goes for every western country, not just the US.

Crimson Shadow Guest

Yeah....where else can we hire labor at $0.40 an hour.

BB Guest

I can refuse to buy toys made in china and thats what I intend to do. Gonna make hard for christmas shopping but better then having my kids harmed

Crimson Shadow Guest

or just buy electronics.....those all come from Japan anyways

lmao, i would like to see you try to boycott China.

I love Americans. You complain about illegal immigrants mowing your neighbours lawn for $2 per hour. But as soon as they are kicked out, you complain you have to pay a honest American worker the minimum wage to mow your lawn. (whoa, hang on: Which one of your kids grow up wanting to be a lawn mower in the first place?)

You complain about made=in=China toys being faulty. Why are toys being made in China in the first place? Because its cheap. People there get paid 3 Yuan per hour (8 yuan = 1 CDN) to make cheap toys. Of course there will be problems, if you go and see the conditions they are working in. If you want proper toys, make them yourself. Pay some American worker $10 per hour to make the toys, because i'll guarentee they will be of better quality. But no, if this is done, the price of toys will go up (or hang on.. did you grow up wanting to be stuck in a factory making toys???)

Apart from all of that:
    The quality of made in china imports will go up eventually. China realizes it has a reputation, and as it modernizes, it will work hard to protect that. Does anyone here remember when made in Japan/Korea stuff was crap? I mean cars, electronics, no one would touch them for years. But now? Honda, Toyota have better images in the world than Ford, GM. Sony, Toshiba, Samsung dominate the electronics world.

Boycotting China is impossible. Where is your shoes made? Jacket? MP3 player? Doing so will be an economic disaster. The USA housing market is already in the dumps (oh please, selling sub-prime mortgages to people who can't pay the money in the long run?), if this transfers to the overall economy, a recession will be inevitable. Look at your American Dollar. Dropping against every currency. A few years ago, 1 USD = 0.70 CDN. Now? 1 USD = 1.10 CDN. Be thankful for Canadian cross border shoppers. However, the smart consumer will be cautious when buying things anyways. I'll just leave it at that before i get flamed to death
    Last edited by Xavior; 11-11-2007 at 15:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]