Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The End of America

Quote Originally Posted by Satan666 View Post
    well as a democrat, I don't care who the next president is republican or democrat or other, I just want someone to bring us back to where we should be. I guess the reason I say this is because I know that I have heard the other republicans not supporting Bush so much and that made me feel better that its not that he is a republican that I don't like him its that he's doing a bad job.
    President Bush is losing backers because of a few reasons...mainly because he is a lame duck president. no shot of being reelected and a few want his position so the best way to "look good" is to distance yourself from him. many Democrats did the same towards the end of clinton's administration.
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Satan666 View Post
    well as a democrat, I don't care who the next president is republican or democrat or other, I just want someone to bring us back to where we should be. I guess the reason I say this is because I know that I have heard the other republicans not supporting Bush so much and that made me feel better that its not that he is a republican that I don't like him its that he's doing a bad job.
    This is where we have gone wrong. What we do is elect someone and say fix it! What we don't do is, listen to the people and what they have to say and then hold them accountable for the promises they made while running for this job.

With all due respect, it is not a Presidents job to fix this country. It is the people who live here to fix it. And to do this, we better start paying attention to what these freaks who run for office are saying and doing.

@ ranger, you are 100% correct. It's no different than when someone changes what football team they like each year by whoever is doing the best. Politicians do the same thing. if the majority doesn't like someone, then all of a sudden they don't like them. All the do is cover there own butts and then say "what the American people want".. How the hell do these guys know what we want when they don't listen to us?

I'll watch the video hoe, i just haven't had the time to free up yet..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Prez, i can sum it up for you....President Bush is Hitler and Mussolini evil cousin and is turning the USA into a Fascist country. according to this lady, Bush will never get out of office because he will "create" a national emergency to keep himself in office. I watched it all through and through and wasnt even kind of close to being swayed by this Michael Moore in a dress.

again.... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    Prez, i can sum it up for you....President Bush is Hitler and Mussolini evil cousin and is turning the USA into a Fascist country. according to this lady, Bush will never get out of office because he will "create" a national emergency to keep himself in office. I watched it all through and through and wasnt even kind of close to being swayed by this Michael Moore in a dress.
    yeah i heard from one of my friends about that. for lack of a better way to say this he is bring up dirt and trying to make other countries fight against eachother and cause a world war to stay in office. Not sure how much is true, but hope if that is the case it doesn't happen.

January 2009 - Satan666(#44) was awarded the Medal of Destruction for making 819 attacks

How about how know he can overrule a Governor's Control of the National Guard?

it might all be a coincidence... but for the first time ever The Executive Branch has alot more power over the other two...... I hope its just BS but how do we really know?..

Crimson Shadow Guest

Because we have a system called "Checks and Balances" and a document called the Constitution. They won't allow the president to stay in for more than his allotted time.

well Crimson you have a point, only thing is that Bush believes that if a huge war happens (much like WWII) he can stay in office until the end of it. FDR was president from 1933 to 1945 when he died, thus he would have been president until the war was over but died. And thats the precedence that he would use to explain why he can stay in office.

January 2009 - Satan666(#44) was awarded the Medal of Destruction for making 819 attacks

Crimson Shadow Guest

Actually before and up to FDR there was no restrictions on Presidential terms. He won 4 consecutive elections which just so happened to take place during WWII. (1933-1945)

FDR was the president who urged congress to pass a 2 term office.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    How about how know he can overrule a Governor's Control of the National Guard?

it might all be a coincidence... but for the first time ever The Executive Branch has alot more power over the other two...... I hope its just BS but how do we really know?..
    Katrina is a prime example, because he could NOT usurp a Governor's powers he had to wait three days to send in troops to help the victims.