Thread: US Recession is OVER!

Default US Recession is OVER!

Or so they say.. Do you think this is real or do you think it's a ploy to the current administration can say they pulled us out of it with it's policies?

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Talking

I liked the article I read yesterday about Los Angeles who created a whopping 50ish jobs from their $111 million in stimulus money.
    Last edited by Green; 09-20-2010 at 20:32. Reason: lol left out the 50ish part ^_^
    Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Green Like Me. (#____)
    Sir Greenalotish of Greenland (#___)

Default ...

Funny how the politicians tell us its "over" how would they know? they haven't lost their jobs.
    Once we see unemployment back to that 4-5% range..then they can talk.

I believe it is a ploy for the elections. I live here on the gulf coast, in a area where there are usually plenty of jobs available, plenty of tourist spending money, etc, etc... There are none of the above happening. I for one, believe we have not yet found the bottom of this recession/depression the US is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Disorder View Post
    I believe it is a ploy for the elections. I live here on the gulf coast, in a area where there are usually plenty of jobs available, plenty of tourist spending money, etc, etc... There are none of the above happening. I for one, believe we have not yet found the bottom of this recession/depression the US is in.
    This

God i wish there was jobs. I just spent around 24k to get a Computer Technology degree and I'm not sure if it's worth the paper its written on in this job market.

January 2009 - Satan666(#44) was awarded the Medal of Destruction for making 819 attacks

most collegiate advisors are telling us to stay in school for an extra semester or 2 in hopes that the market improves. i live in texas and the economy here didnt really take a bad turn until about 6 months ago. i mean before then business was down 2-5% but now accross the board in all industries just about sales have dropped about 10% and in other parts of the country it seems to be alot worse so i dont think its over yet

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jkl9926 View Post
    most collegiate advisors are telling us to stay in school for an extra semester or 2 in hopes that the market improves. i live in texas and the economy here didnt really take a bad turn until about 6 months ago. i mean before then business was down 2-5% but now accross the board in all industries just about sales have dropped about 10% and in other parts of the country it seems to be alot worse so i dont think its over yet
    Only thing I noticed here (small town north of Dallas) is that we cycle through mom and pop restaurants quicker that we used too. That and my college has doubled its enrollment in the past 4 years. ^_^
    Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Green Like Me. (#____)
    Sir Greenalotish of Greenland (#___)

the only positive thing is I have money saved to hold me over if it takes me a while to find a job.

January 2009 - Satan666(#44) was awarded the Medal of Destruction for making 819 attacks

Default not much to look forward to

For me. its not bright.
    401 k and pension have been tanked.
    I figure I have two options now.
    Work until I'm about 70
    or
    Hope to get taken out by a bus in a few years.
    Least in the latter case I go out in a roarinstead of a whimper, and my daughter can get the insurence and what I will have left in 401 and pension.

So much for the "golden years" eh?