Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little much maybe.......

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    oh come on now czar! you know how much you can stock before you go over. and losing millions of food to each attack? you can easily send it to the market.

point is yea we could adjust it and expand the bank but what happens when you decide not to sell your food again or go over the new bank limit? you going to come on here and complain again?

i don't mind adding bank tech. as for the land formula basically the amount of GB you receive from each attack needs to be increased slightly. that would do the trick to help stockers out.

1/2 1/4 are way to high of an amount much less than that i would think, but again it'd be easier if i could see the actual formula. or if i knew all the exact changes that had been done to it.

i do not believe this to be the exact formula currently: (There land/Your land)*(There land*.13) Then 30% less for every hit in the last 36 hours

as when i plug it into my homemade calc which is: (B2/A2)*(B2*0.13)*(0.7^C2)

where-

A2= your land
    B2= their land
    C2= times attacked over the last 36 hours

maybe my formula isn't perfect if so someone could correct me, but i believe it to be sound but it it always comes up with less land than i receive. so maybe just changing the current formula back to this one would be sufficient.

the goal being to lower the amount of land lost in each attack or increasing the amount of gb protection you receive in each attack since the states lower on the scores list are attacked more often.
    I am actually glad he posted his complaint. This is how we get into the best discussions and how we get the best solutions. Changes will never be made to accommodate a certain style of play, but there are times when some changes are really needed.

I honestly believe right now is one of those times. We do need to lower the amount of land that is being taken from states. Perhaps we do it through GB or perhaps right off the bat or heck even both.. Who knows, which is why I'm seeking everyone's thoughts on this.

If we had 500 + more members then this would not even be an issue. But we don't so that makes hanging on to your land even more difficult.

Currently we are working on a solution for the double tax for indy. I'm hoping our newest idea will be the solution to it which will even indy out a little more.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

hehe, i'm all for re-working the grab formula and adding bank tech.

i just wanted to point out that complaining about losing millions of food in each attack while holding onto hundreds of million of food and not selling it was simply his own fault.

i'm not opposed to any of the discussion this thread generated.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

the double tax needs a solution, maybe even more then the land grab, because right now, an indy nation can capture top sports by just having 2-3 states reselling their military early on and letting one state take top. i assume nations like Sky are having states that just buy a sell for the sole purpose of moving cash to taxes and randomly using their turns to produce. the last buy/sell can`t really be dealt with, but maybe it`s time to remove indy draft and leave be like farmer/techer.

but then you`ll have to lower indy production by 20-25% to make up for the tax removal. this should at least a little remove indy dominance, least early on. maybe even lowering nation tech for indy.

don`t get me wrong indy fans, my favorite is indy too, hands down, but if I can make it top 10, bwithout even caring, just grabing here and there, no strategy what so ever, then this needs to change
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

i got an idea to the problem of losing several billion each attack - buy some ****ing army.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    i got an idea to the problem of losing several billion each attack - buy some ****ing army.
    don't push it or there will be no food at all for the rest of the set!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    don't push it or there will be no food at all for the rest of the set!
    i doubt you'll get the Catherine Tate reference, but none the less:

"Am I bothered?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    i doubt you'll get the Catherine Tate reference, but none the less:

"Am I bothered?"
    i don't know apparently all this started b/c you people were bothered with how we are running our states....

anton get on msn please

ok, i'm going to repeat myself again, for the 5th time on this thread.

i don't care how you and your nation mates decide to play their states. if you want to stock food and money well beyond the normal bank amount your more then welcome to.

but when you moan about losing food and money in each attack when your hording well beyond your bank then we have every right to call you a big stupid doo doo head.

thats it, thats the last time i'm saying it!
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    ok, i'm going to repeat myself again, for the 5th time on this thread.

i don't care how you and your nation mates decide to play their states. if you want to stock food and money well beyond the normal bank amount your more then welcome to.

but when you moan about losing food and money in each attack when your hording well beyond your bank then we have every right to call you a big stupid doo doo head.

thats it, thats the last time i'm saying it!

you do know that this thread had nothing to do with losing money and food in attacks right?

Quote Originally Posted by czarcris View Post
    Is there anyway we can look at reducing the amount lost in random events and maybe the percentage of cash lost in an attack??
    really?
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE