Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little much maybe.......

Quote Originally Posted by czarcris View Post
    An economic breakdown has cooled down your economy, you have lost $8.441.388.859. and im lucky i didn't have all my stock in cash other wise would have been at least double that.

This seems a little much for something that is completely out of my control. How is one supposed to stock in this game if every time i get hit i lose 1-2bil dollars a hit plus i have random things like this occurring.

Is there anyway we can look at reducing the amount lost in random events and maybe the percentage of cash lost in an attack??
    You are absolutely correct Calvin. This topic has nothing to do with losing food and money in attacks at all.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

it had nothing to do with losing food in the attacks...i knew what i was doing when holding onto the food... you see when you have food on hand you lose 1% during an attack as opposed to losing 2% cash during an attack. so its better for me to lose food than the cash. Then people started complaing about us hoarding food, so i simply wanted to know if we could change the formula for losing cash in an attack, that way i could make all you people happy and sell my food.

but again as calvin has asked why are their only random events that hurt farmers and cashers? nothing hurts an indy playing at the top... i get a random event and lose 8bil cash. now i dont know anyone up top besides maybe the top guy in some sets that is stocking cash that this event may affect. so lets either get rid of the random events or put something in place that will affect indies playing at the top...ie lose standing military, or lose production for some number of turns.

The man has a good point. I say this as an Indy player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Report: You have successfully placed 483.124.634 Food on the market.
    thatll probably be my last package to the market enjoy it if you can get it

Calvin74 Guest

Report: You have successfully placed 483.124.634 Food on the market.
    thatll probably be my last package to the market enjoy it if you can get it
    yeah #30 probably halved that amount of food going to the market and instead of 3bil that chris and i would have put on we might hit 1bil or so....

An economic breakdown has cooled down your economy, you have lost $8.441.388.859. and im lucky i didn't have all my stock in cash other wise would have been at least double that.
    I think I've lost more with non-stocking indy.

can i ask why we are against stockers? is it not a strat that can be run in this game? i mean sky runs indy and plays up top every set to take advantage of what it does in the game, why can one not play at the bottom with low up keep and it not be a viable strat?

something has got to be done to allow people to play down low and still be able to compete in this game.
    The scores stockers get at the end aren't so bad at all. Right now it seems as if stocking farmers can get top10 spots rather easily (with say 150-200m nw) and I don't think you can compare top indy (or whatever) netters with much more passive stockers.

As for other complaints/thoughts, it's time to bring up the settings we had in Domination. Although those 2 games were quite similar, there are a few differences and 3 of them fit into this discussion:
    1)Land grab formula
    I can't remember the exact formula (and I don't have the time to find it out just for this post, but if some of you like it, I could do it), but grabs were smaller and gb affected grab sizes a bit different, especially on higher gb and when target had much more land. I can give a few examples (blue line represents current formula and red line Dom formula):

2)Bank size
    The max bank size in Dom was 20G. Would any farmer survive with that bank size in NW? But this was to keep the balance considering the grab formula.

3)Taking goods back from the market
    Taking goods back from the market didn't cost you anything, but you couldn't do it before goods had been on the market for 24h.

but again as calvin has asked why are their only random events that hurt farmers and cashers? nothing hurts an indy playing at the top... i get a random event and lose 8bil cash. now i dont know anyone up top besides maybe the top guy in some sets that is stocking cash that this event may affect. so lets either get rid of the random events or put something in place that will affect indies playing at the top...ie lose standing military, or lose production for some number of turns.
    This and what you said earlier made me think of 1 thing. That the game doesn't support this form of stocking because it wasn't supposed to do that. Right now farmers are still trying to stock when there is no food at the market, but it seems that the game was set up so that once your bank is full you start buying army. Because if farmers would play like indies, more aggressively, those random events would affect them as little as they affect the others.

Just one problem, netting farmers can`t compete
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

com`on!

Type: State Attacking: State Defending: Losses: Time:
    SA The White House(#2)[USA] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 3.755 Land / 3.751 Buildings, $35.115.242, 106.298 Food 16:57:43-2010/10/24
    SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Furian Army(#66)[Sky] 2.626 Land / 2.619 Buildings, 3 Science, 29.531 Food 09:23:31-2010/10/24
    SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Soviet Red State(#47)[Sky] 1.446 Land / 1.417 Buildings, $5.873.676, 286.529 Food 09:22:49-2010/10/24
    SA LoveMeOrNot(#44)[Sky] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.497 Land / 1.497 Buildings, $137.229.016, 80.485 Food 08:46:33-2010/10/24
    SA vussuland(#41)[Sky] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.823 Land / 1.823 Buildings, $141.473.212, 81.297 Food 08:32:32-2010/10/24
    SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Vengeance Seeker(#26)[ICN] 1.306 Land / 1.304 Buildings, 1.189 Food 23:17:19-2010/10/23
    SA LoveMeOrNot(#44)[Sky] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.712 Land / 1.694 Buildings, $143.958.853, 119.808 Food 20:58:31-2010/10/23
    SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Eternal Sword(#23)[USA] 1.827 Land / 1.827 Buildings, 5.231 Food 16:13:24-2010/10/23
    SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Metallica(#56)[ICN] 1.409 Land / 1.406 Buildings, 46 Science, 1.493 Food 16:09:39-2010/10/23
    SA All the People(#31)[WTF] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.764 Land / 1.762 Buildings, 9.350 Food 14:55:16-2010/10/23
    SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] OUCH(#43)[USA] 1.556 Land / 1.556 Buildings, 18.377 Food 10:16:17-2010/10/23
    SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Jip(#50)[ICN] 1.141 Land / 1.113 Buildings, 4 Science, 37.372 Food 10:15:31-2010/10/23

5th hit getting 3.7k land and that in top 10... seriously...
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

stocking–noun
    a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers by a merchant, distributor, manufacturer, etc.; inventory.
    a quantity of something accumulated, as for future use: a stock of provisions.

stocking is a strategy. why must one once his bank is full then be forced to start buying military? If some small changes to amount of cash lost in attacks were changed this could still be a strategy. Im not asking for an unlimited bank but there are lots of different ways to play this game? why do we try to force everyone to play the same way? only a few players can play at the top so why not use different ways and things within the game to play other ways? The reason our tag could have had such success this set was bc of the way we ran our tag, very low tax resulting in not alot of NA which means we can't just start jumping and playing at the top. we had to make some sacrifices for our tag to be able to play the way we did this set. play with low upkeep in our states and maximize the amount of food produced with a chance to at the end finish near the top.

im all for a change in the grab formula resulting in less of a loss in cash and food but changing the bank size is not the way to go, because a top casher could then hoard say 100bil in cash which only really takes 2 days if you do it right and then jump up to destroy the top indies.

and this is from a guy who likes to play casher but 100bil bank would make the game lopsided again, i think the answer is to increase farming production to offset the upkeep costs that they incur from being at higher nw's.