Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Spill Update

Default Oil Spill Update

K, a quick search on google didn't turn up any immediate good results, with most news articles being written in summer. Whats the update on the Gulf Oil Spill? Is it still going on? has it been plugged? WHATS HAPPENING?

i HATE how massive news like this suddenly disappears from TV/papers after 1-2 months. What else was "massively life threatening" in 2010? Can you remember? erm...some sort of flu from Mexico i think....**** i cant remember the rest...anyone else ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

justin bieber..
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

They eventually got it plugged up and cleaned up, although Obama made it into a huge debacle by not dealing with it immediately or effectively.

I think you're referring to the swine flu, and that was fixed back in May/June.

Sky - LoR - ICN

how did they end up butt plugging it? what method? Hasn't swine flu resurfaced? think weve had like 400 cases in UK + . Think people at my uni are starting to get it...

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

They got it witih a top kill then was able to get it done permanently qwith a bottom kill so they effectively rendered that well useless. We still have tar balls washing up on our beaches and some of the shrimp and crabs are being caught contaminated. We will be dealing with this for years to come. Most of the oil that spilled was sunk with the dis[ersants so it will take a lot of time to wash up on the shores. There is a tar mat just off shore from Orange Beach AL and they are waiting on it to come ashore.

Is still a mess.

The dispersants didn't really help things either. Instead of being on the surface and somewhat easier to clean up, the oil is all spread out everywhere in the water.

personally i hate how media makes a massive deal out of an issue, captures the world with it...then it disappears...

Quote Originally Posted by Top12Gun View Post
    They eventually got it plugged up and cleaned up, although Obama made it into a huge debacle by not dealing with it immediately or effectively.

I think you're referring to the swine flu, and that was fixed back in May/June.
    by immediately and effectively what do you mean? you can just say stop and the oil magically turns off, it takes a little more than that.

or are you talking about responding to clean up? or what?
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Bottom line is, no matter what we think about the response, the facts are this should have already been planned for and a quick and desisive plan to repair already in place.
    For any company to have in my opinion such a nonchalant attitude about possible bad scenerios was ludicrous. Its the"oh, don't worry about that.it won't happen" bull cr@p.

To make it even more embarrassing was the comparisions to other nations safeguards, those that are in place that were disregarded by BP and the US.

Seee? Ya got me all fired up again!Grrrrrrrrr