Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unwritten Rules

Calvin74 Guest

Default Unwritten Rules

In beeno's thread i thought some points were brought up that deserve their own thread. We don't have that many people in the game right now but we can still have this discussion.

I hear lots of anger at the so called "unwritten rules" that were developed way back in the day. They were developed to actually keep the game fair and to make it so that the little guys and newer guys weren't farmed into obliteration. The game has changed significantly and we have a lot fewer players now so the farming is a moot point. Also the current landgrab values suck for the little guys anyways.

If you were given the option at changing the unwritten rules what would you make them?

Why would you change them?

Who would benefit the most from this change?

I think this topic can be a very good debate and bring some decent discussion to this board. Please try to refrain from flaming and use logic in your posts. Also know that there will always be acceptable unwritten rules so you can't just say "get rid of them all".

The benefit to unwritten rules is that they are a way to cause hostility and start wars. So I actually think keeping them or even making some up as we can be a good thing. The unwritten rules are what most would consider to be good gaming manners.

As a general rule of thumb to start out with i'd like to see tighter rules or at least more enforcement of them for play of the top states. but more freedom allowed for states in the mid-low ranks.

now i'll have to think a little bit more on what exactly that would entail.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Calvin74 Guest

really this is it?
    i don't wanna hear crap from anyone but LP and Beeno now if they don't like these rules

Yeah, I'm a little surprised to see it so quiet on the topic. Unless everyone agrees with me.

totte Guest

being elderly in the game i cant even remember the exact details of the unwritten rules thus not sure what i should say

Just trying to jog my old memory (which fails easy):
    • In the top 10, no multi-tapping. Only 1 SA per 36 hours (or was it 72? Don't recall)
    • Outside top 10, double-tapping is allowed
    • I don't recall the specifics about it, but I want to say defeats counted toward that, due to troop losses.
    • Violation of the above results in an appropriate retaliation from the offended nation (specifics tended to change per nation, but usually some number of AAs)
    • No offensive spy ops outside war time. Only viewing state info allowed.
    • Only SA allowed outside war time, except in retaliation instances.
    • Suiciding is bad, mkay?
    • Undercutting isn't disallowed, but it's annoying.

And my mind is failing me on what else there is. And this was back when there were hundreds of players, not, I dunno, 50-75.

I would mention the whole infantry hording thing, but that's not a rule thing. I just remember back when I played that that was a bad idea and led to you being suicided on.

I think that we should implement more rules leading to war. I can't think of any examples, but I think it's pathetic how this has turned into a primarily netting game. It's a fun game, but without wars, it gets boring. I realize that there's not much that we can do, but unless we can create more wars, it will become "State Netting," instead of "Nation Wars." Should this turn into a netting game alone, the game will be dead in a month. I'm a noob, and am already getting bored with the game - because of no wars. There are trillions of games out there with the netting principle, but what makes this game unique is the war aspect, and if the game loses its uniqueness, then there's absolutely no reason to play it, rather than some other game with 10,000 players.

If Nation Wars becomes purely a netting game, it will be reduced to nothing. I fear it is already on that road.

Sky - LoR - ICN

Quote Originally Posted by totte View Post
    being elderly in the game i cant even remember the exact details of the unwritten rules thus not sure what i should say
    Don't worry about it. Even when you did remember the details you didn't adhere to them.

Just a quick reminder..... A few months back when all the new changes took place all the "unwritten rules" were removed and it was up to each nation to create AND enforce whatever they would accept or not accept.

This gave nations more power in how they wanted to run things. Any nation can create any rule they wish.. But it's up to them to enforce them. Some nations might allow 20 hits on a top 10 state, while others might not allow any of their states to be hit.. It's all up to them and how they want to enforce them.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"