Thread: I need CPU help

Default I need CPU help

Ok, I have windows Vista (ugh!), and my sleep mode will not work. I can manually turn it on, after a few minutes the computer will restart on its own.. I have read the windows help pages, most everything points to updating the drivers.. I checked and all of mine seem to be up to date.. what can I do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Disorder View Post
    Ok, I have windows Vista (ugh!), and my sleep mode will not work. I can manually turn it on, after a few minutes the computer will restart on its own.. I have read the windows help pages, most everything points to updating the drivers.. I checked and all of mine seem to be up to date.. what can I do next?
    check the settings. maybe it gets mixed up with the hibernation or power options.

I have W7 Ultimate and I have trouble getting it to sleep mode, as it turns on the 1st time on it`s own, but then 2nd time it does ok.

If nothing works, you SHOULD get W7 or XP3
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

yea, I could strangle the friend that talked me into Vista when I bought this unit...LOL

And thanks, I will double check those settings!

Yeah, I have Vista, and the settings would be the issue. Go to "Control Panel," and then to "Power" or "Change battery settings" (depending on your view choice) . You should be able to find it from there

Sky - LoR - ICN