Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Market Crisis 2011

I wonder who's making and buying all of those bombers. It figures that the one set I'm not thinking about messing with them at all, there's a ridiculous amount on the pm.

SKY's NA has almost 100m bombers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bright View Post
    I wonder who's making and buying all of those bombers. It figures that the one set I'm not thinking about messing with them at all, there's a ridiculous amount on the pm.
    I've seen also some huge amount bombers on pm and I've also seen them vanish quite quickly Seems like I have to buy them myself next time
    Last edited by Salabanzi; 05-24-2011 at 13:11.

These are things I need to know before settling in a nation, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    farmer is very lucrative... they are starving us on purpose so they can stock longer...
    I will personally purchase from the BM for the rest of the set. All Indy states should sell on the BM as well to keep the farmer nations from being able to jump. Why should we suffer and go hungry so they can jump to the scores they want.

If farmers want to hold out on me then I will hold my military units from them! HA!!!

Everyone else should do the same. Might as well call this set what it is which is a waste.. So why should we help those who purposely starve us, our children, our families...

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

This actually sounds like a really good plan, albeit amusing. Now how many others besides me and Mr. P will hold out on buying pm food for the remainder of the set?

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    I will personally purchase from the BM for the rest of the set. All Indy states should sell on the BM as well to keep the farmer nations from being able to jump. Why should we suffer and go hungry so they can jump to the scores they want.

If farmers want to hold out on me then I will hold my military units from them! HA!!!

Everyone else should do the same. Might as well call this set what it is which is a waste.. So why should we help those who purposely starve us, our children, our families...

well it seems like you guys are the only ones
    i personally watched 3bil food sell in under 4 hours today
    i have no doubt that any more food that hits the market will sell instead of people taking a 20% hit on their end networth....

i do think this set proves even more that strats need to be tweaked and big changes need to take place...

ETA

although your holding out of military units will hurt pretty bad
    but i think the farmer situation is vastly different than the indy situation
    indies are ONLY helped by their military selling
    farmers can be quite handicapped

i don't know if i agree with that calvin, i think the strats are fairly balanced. biggest problem right now is simply player count.

i don't want to ruin your fun, but i'm still not sold on your delayed jumping strategy in terms of food lost vs military lost from delaying the jump.

the only time i can see it really helping is if there are too many farmers in a month, because it reduces amount of food sold. but there are alot of other factors into it, such as tax and tech. i just feel i usually do a decent job of selecting grabs and jumping even on bad or no NA coverage i can acquire more land and finish stronger.
    Last edited by BeeNo; 05-25-2011 at 00:22.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    *disclaimer: I'm a Farmer n00bie.*

Is there any reason for us to actually sell food right now when our bank account's at the max and there's nothing but Military for us to buy?? If we sell now, we either got a lot of cash that's out of the bank that can be lost if we get attacked, or we then buy Military...and then have a higher per turn Expense for the last few days of the round instead of just the last one or two days of the round. The game gives us *no* incentive to put food on the market, but every incentive to not put it on the market now. Now if there was no bank cap, we would have no reason to keep the food off the market and you guys would have food!!!!

Like maybe have no bank cap, but place a 2% daily bank fee on all money over $50 billion.
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!

Blame SKY for not selling ships
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]