Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW to Land Ratio (with attack stats)

Calvin74 Guest

Default NW to Land Ratio (with attack stats)

These are my stats Total Land: 19.590 Networth: $141.070.948
    This doesn't take into account the 400+ turns I will miss by jumping early
    I am mostly posting this to show how it is all about using your land and turns correctly. I know that 141m nw won't be top ten (although I have shown that this exact strat will get top ten easily if pushed hard enough). There is a very fine line between how high you get in networth and how high your expenses are... Your actual gross income is almost completely irrelevant if you balance out how much you are spending. This is the core of my strategy.

It actually works better if you play it at a little higher nw than i did but i stayed under 3m nw ALL set and you can see my grabs and things below...

Amount of Attacks you have Made: 45
    Amount of Successful Attacks 43
    Amount of Failed Attacks 2
    Out of these attacks you made:
    45 Standard Attacks
    0 Ground Attacks
    0 Air Attacks
    0 Amphibious Assault
    0 Bombing Runs
    Spy Operations 60
    Successful Spy Operations 43
    Failed Spy Operations 17
    Out of these Spy ops you made:
    58 Obtain State Info Ops
    0 Military Espionage Ops
    0 Bomb Structures Ops
    0 Attack Intelligence Centers Ops
    0 Infiltrate Banks Ops
    0 Sabotage Airbases Ops
    0 Genocide Ops
    0 Razing Ops
    2 Inside trade information Ops
    0 Infiltrate HQ Ops
    0 Infiltrate Research Labs Ops
    0 Infiltrate Government Ops
    Times you have been Attacked 82
    Attacks you Successfully Defended 8
    Amount of Kills 0
    Your Largest Landgrab 1.905

How much money did you have to keep out of the bank to get your NW that high?? I just went from $37.164.107 NW to $86.532.351 NW from using the black market to get ships, spending about $70 billion total.

And I think this strategy also works way better when the public market actually has ships on sale and you don't have to touch the black market.

Next round I'll be a farmer.
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!

with the banked 50b you can get around 38m net from BM
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

1 billion cash gets about .8 mill net in ships from black market.

But yeah, farmer is ridiculous if you stock in the middle of the ranks and make good land grabs. The increase in land expanding definitely helped stocking farmer the most. This round was a bit difficult to stock w/o much food on the market but still farmer is a better stocker in these conditions than casher or indy.

I kind of like the balance between casher/indy/farmer now, but we have to get techer back in the mix. Techer used to be best for early stocking but idk if that's true anymore.

Edit* I just got an idea for techer. What if a bank option was only open to techer, like you can research 20 billion dollars worth of tech directly into banking and then you have an unlimited bank and you're free to convert to something else afterward if you wish. I think techer convert to farmer would be a very interesting strat to see if you can make that 20 billion investment worth it.
    Last edited by kanman; 05-27-2011 at 02:17.

Back when Dave was still around, he had some techer convert strats that worked really well. The catch there though was that there were a lot more nations, and the market for tech was really fluid- you could count on getting a sale at a high price above 2550 early to spring up your upgrades and then begin grabbing to boost your stocking. Now the tech market moves glacially slow if there's more than 3 techers in the game at any one time. Just a consequence of time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kanman View Post
    1 billion cash gets about .8 mill net in ships from black market.

But yeah, farmer is ridiculous if you stock in the middle of the ranks and make good land grabs. The increase in land expanding definitely helped stocking farmer the most. This round was a bit difficult to stock w/o much food on the market but still farmer is a better stocker in these conditions than casher or indy.

I kind of like the balance between casher/indy/farmer now, but we have to get techer back in the mix. Techer used to be best for early stocking but idk if that's true anymore.

Edit* I just got an idea for techer. What if a bank option was only open to techer, like you can research 20 billion dollars worth of tech directly into banking and then you have an unlimited bank and you're free to convert to something else afterward if you wish. I think techer convert to farmer would be a very interesting strat to see if you can make that 20 billion investment worth it.
    i really like this techer idea! i think price might need to be fiddled with, but the techer bank expanding would be cool, making techer a little more fun to use with a stocking state. but as blight mentioned, more than 3 people use it and it doesn't sell very fast. so the main problem is with consumption i believe.

instead of making it a money thing, you could make it a state tech. where states could expand their bank by purchasing tech. that would be another approach.
    Last edited by BeeNo; 05-27-2011 at 11:59.
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    instead of making it a money thing, you could make it a state tech. where states could expand their bank by purchasing tech. that would be another approach.
    I think that's a really good idea. Making tech useful for not just nations but also states should be something that is seriously considered for implementation. Not only will it solve a problem for stocking states but makes the techer strat a more viable strat all together, possibly even removing the need for converting to another?
    Say if states had their own tech centre as well as nations having a seperate one, not only could you have banking tech, you could introduce other things which could boost states potential in other areas. These could obviously be implemented at later dates as they are thought of and agreed.
    For the banking tech, having an amount that you need to reach to expand your bank to certain levels, for example (just an example cos i'm not great with numbers and how much this would cost) 100k science gives you a 5million expansion to the bank, 200k - 10 million, 500k - 25 million. There should be a max amount the bank that can be expanded to. Which could be adjusted, depending on member count and how it ends up affecting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    These are my stats Total Land: 19.590 Networth: $141.070.948
    This doesn't take into account the 400+ turns I will miss by jumping early
    I am mostly posting this to show how it is all about using your land and turns correctly. I know that 141m nw won't be top ten (although I have shown that this exact strat will get top ten easily if pushed hard enough). There is a very fine line between how high you get in networth and how high your expenses are... Your actual gross income is almost completely irrelevant if you balance out how much you are spending. This is the core of my strategy.
    Land: 35.597 Networth: $175.062.953

I did stocking indy this set trying an expand only approach. Without many farmers it hurt me alot since i couldnt stock food so i had a TON of money on hand quite a few times. I lost around 40-50b+ from attacks and economic cooldowns. Here's my attack stats:

Amount of Attacks you have Made: 0
    Amount of Successful Attacks 0
    Amount of Failed Attacks 0
    Out of these attacks you made: 0 Standard Attacks
    0 Ground Attacks
    0 Air Attacks
    0 Amphibious Assault
    0 Bombing Runs
    Spy Operations 0
    Successful Spy Operations 0
    Failed Spy Operations 0
    Out of these Spy ops you made: 0 Obtain State Info Ops
    0 Military Espionage Ops
    0 Bomb Structures Ops
    0 Infiltrate Banks Ops
    0 Sabotage Airbases Ops
    0 Genocide Ops
    0 Razing Ops
    0 Inside trade information Ops
    0 Infiltrate HQ Ops
    Times you have been Attacked 90
    Attacks you Successfully Defended 0
    Amount of Kills 0
    Last edited by Cemetary; 05-27-2011 at 16:46.
    Dak at heart

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nat22 View Post
    I think that's a really good idea. Making tech useful for not just nations but also states should be something that is seriously considered for implementation. Not only will it solve a problem for stocking states but makes the techer strat a more viable strat all together, possibly even removing the need for converting to another?
    Say if states had their own tech centre as well as nations having a seperate one, not only could you have banking tech, you could introduce other things which could boost states potential in other areas. These could obviously be implemented at later dates as they are thought of and agreed.
    For the banking tech, having an amount that you need to reach to expand your bank to certain levels, for example (just an example cos i'm not great with numbers and how much this would cost) 100k science gives you a 5million expansion to the bank, 200k - 10 million, 500k - 25 million. There should be a max amount the bank that can be expanded to. Which could be adjusted, depending on member count and how it ends up affecting the game.

i also like this idea and the numbers would need to be looked at but 1 thing that needs to be pointed out isn't that techer is really weak from a production stand point or market share it is that it is the only strat that DOESN'T receive a tech bonus so if techer and farmer make equal production than when farmer gets 165% tech it produces 165% more. techer can tech turns and get 175% production. this does give it a 10% higher production IF they tech all their turns. this leaves no turns for gaining land...

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    I did stocking indy this set trying an expand only approach. Without many farmers it hurt me alot since i couldnt stock food so i had a TON of money on hand quite a few times. I lost around 40-50b+ from attacks and economic cooldowns.
    That's exactly what I did, but I then went to being a farmer when the market went to the dumps, just so I wouldn't have to live on the black market. Then I only sold food when I wouldn't have to worry about losing billions from getting attacked.

Amount of Attacks you have Made: 1
    Amount of Successful Attacks 1
    Amount of Failed Attacks 0
    Out of these attacks you made: 1 Standard Attacks
    0 Ground Attacks
    0 Air Attacks
    0 Amphibious Assault
    0 Bombing Runs
    Spy Operations 0
    Successful Spy Operations 0
    Failed Spy Operations 0
    Out of these Spy ops you made: 0 Obtain State Info Ops
    0 Military Espionage Ops
    0 Bomb Structures Ops
    0 Infiltrate Banks Ops
    0 Sabotage Airbases Ops
    0 Genocide Ops
    0 Razing Ops
    0 Inside trade information Ops
    0 Infiltrate HQ Ops
    Times you have been Attacked 35
    Attacks you Successfully Defended 5
    Amount of Kills 0
    Your Largest Landgrab 763

I ended with just

Networth: $95.188.233

though that's actually a *big* increase for my own personal NW record.
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!